New Grado GR8 In-Ear Earphones!
Sep 17, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #121 of 146
I would be interested about hearing more about the GR8's.

Personally I own SR325i's (previously SR80's) and I love them. The sound of my Shure 110's does not come close to the sound of the Grados.

I also own a NAD (amp+CD) / Monitor Audio RS1 (speakers) / Energy (sub) stereo system which sounds great.

I would love to have a good pair of earphones to carry around whose sound is more in line with the Grado signature and that pair seems to be the one I'm looking for based on the review VDM posted. But I agree there is strangely almost no reviews on the Internet about those and it feels a bit weird... maybe they are a bit hard to find?

First post here BTW. I thought it would be worthwhile to register and participate to the discussion if I find some reviews or other info. If I purchase a pair I'll put up a review for sure!

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #123 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by CB1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
these headphones must suck if noone is reviewing them at all

I wouldnt go that far, i think a lot of ppl are curious about this product. But this is the first IEM from a long producing headphone company and it is not cheap either.

I think many people are waiting for more reviews and not buying it, and with no one buying it there is no one to give reviews.

I think i will pick up the lower end model because under a 100 dollars to enjoy the grado house sound in an portable IEM is a must have to me.

Nov 11, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #125 of 146
Found the GR8 (yes, nt the iGi) at €89. The shop is a reputable HiFi store. What to do? No reviews around....

Nov 12, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #127 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
couple of things

1 tell us where so others may benefit to if they want

2 buy it yourself

3 review it, someones got to eventually

1: I firstly wanted to know if there're chances of those being fake although, as I said, the shop has a good name.

2: Hmmm, although cheap by comparison, 89€ is quite a bit for my "just for reviewing".

3: I just bought Klipsch X1/S2 after being a happy camper with Kramered JVC Marshmallows and a set of Sony's. And my portable rig is an Iphone 2G which is not precisely well known for its sonic proficiency... So I doubt my review would be worth of consideration.

However, I might take a leap of faith. Will let you know.

Nov 14, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #131 of 146
it's look like an error.
They indicate the price of the other model.
If you can , purchase it; it's a great price, but don't know if they ll sale it at this price...

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #132 of 146
That's my feeling, but having no positive reviews at all... why spending even 89€?

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #133 of 146
I bought them through this website today... let's see if they ship them or not. I am sure it's a mistake, but my payment is done and the advertisement is still there. I will let you know
popcorn.gif

BTW, hi, this is my 1st post
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back