New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding
Nov 24, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #631 of 677
Just wanted to add; for anyone who buys the Grace Design M920, the Apple Remote is pretty much a must.

Not only is it cheap, it matches the style of the M920 amazing well (much better than pretty much any remote I've ever seen for any piece of audio equipment at least).

And above all; just like the built in menu accessed via the rotary encoder, its operation has been thoroughly well thought out. In addition to volume; activating and deactivating CrossFeed, Mute, and Mono/Stereo toggle is just a button away. It's an absolute joy to use. And since it allows pairing with the Apple remote, no need to worry about any of your Apple devices acting up. I cannot praise Grace Design enough for having intelligently thought this through.

And while I've seen some people complain that the menu seems a little cryptic with just two seven-segment displays, it's easy enough to decipher. Heck, if I can figure it out; so can anyone else! Clap clap!~ Well done chaps
biggrin.gif

Dead on!

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #632 of 677
Also for anyone who buys the Grace Design M920; do not take that spare screw and stick it into its mounting hole at the bottom of the M920 as it seems that doing so could very well ruin your day. I was trying to find a place to put the silly little thing because I would lose it otherwise.

-_-"...

Lucky for me I took my time to shine a light into the screw hole first to see how safe it would be to do so; and the answer is: absolutely not. You can actually see a couple of PCB traces right where the screw goes in and it's definitely long enough to thoroughly destroy them.

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #633 of 677
Also for anyone who buys the Grace Design M920; do not take that spare screw and stick it into its mounting hole at the bottom of the M920 as it seems that doing so could very well ruin your day. I was trying to find a place to put the silly little thing because I would lose it otherwise.

Yeah,back at the start of this thread someone damaged their m920 by screwing in that rack mount bolt.

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #636 of 677
Yeah,back at the start of this thread someone damaged their m920 by screwing in that rack mount bolt.

Yikes, I thought you guys were really kidding! It never even crossed my mind to do so. I tried my best to be really prepared before the purchase, read all about it, was very particular about every single detail and accessory too...

Nov 25, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #637 of 677
Wow? Can't say I'm surprised really. How did Grace Design handle it? Really ought to have a metal plate there.

As I recall the m920 still worked but exhibited some strange behaviour. Grace was in dialogue trying to sort out what might be the 'issue', I believe the unit was replaced - at some stage the owner realised what had happened and advised.

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #640 of 677
iPhone 6S for camera lol... yep these Woo Audio stands are really nice! Matches the M920 and the Apple remote really well too.

Though I think I should've bought the two headphone version so that I've got somewhere to hang my headphone cables when not in use >,<"...

Really happy with how everything looks!~ Can't wait to get my headphones so I can put my M920 through its real test. Sounds good on HD800S = happy Sybil.

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #641 of 677
iPhone 6S for camera lol... yep these Woo Audio stands are really nice! Matches the M920 and the Apple remote really well too.

Though I think I should've bought the two headphone version so that I've got somewhere to hang my headphone cables when not in use >,<"...

Really happy with how everything looks!~ Can't wait to get my headphones so I can put my M920 through its real test. Sounds good on HD800S = happy Sybil.

A bit pricey though? I'm using the Just Mobile. Not too expensive, does the job and complements the Grace as well. However, the Grado SR325is are a bit heavy and it pushes against the not-so-padded headband. 

BTW, have you thought of buying the m920 remote?

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #642 of 677
I got mine for 69US$ before shipping which isn't too bad I guess.

It's really well made though. Solid aluminium throughout, so it's actually quite a heavy stand, which I like.

I never considered the actual M920 remote because not only does it not match the M920 aesthetically, it's over six times more expensive than the Apple remote too.

Really begs the question why Grace Design even bothered with it given how well they've implemented the Apple remote to work with the M920.

I also believe that it's quite a fair bit heavier and it certainly looks a lot bulkier too. Eewww.

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #643 of 677
I got mine for 69US$ before shipping which isn't too bad I guess.

It's really well made though. Solid aluminium throughout, so it's actually quite a heavy stand, which I like.

I never considered the actual M920 remote because not only does it not match the M920 aesthetically, it's over six times more expensive than the Apple remote too.

Really begs the question why Grace Design even bothered with it given how well they've implemented the Apple remote to work with the M920.

I also believe that it's quite a fair bit heavier and it certainly looks a lot bulkier too. Eewww.

Yeah, you're mostly right. The remote is inherited from the older models albeit slightly modified. I'd like to have it as an option, as a pair with the m920, though I'm still thinking what real advantage this might bring. The Apple remote really works but I still wonder why the original remote is not included at this price point. And it's expensive. I don't really know why.

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #645 of 677
Hehe, I prefer sleek and slender though >,<"...

Also I think the Apple remote is quite durable... and even if it breaks, it's cheap enough to replace.

And from the looks of it the button layout is better too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back