New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris!
Sep 18, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #961 of 1,838
Thanks Tunkejazz. Looks like the next 4 days will be the break in period after u get it.

Sep 18, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #966 of 1,838
  Anything wrong with leaving it on all the time?

Try it and you'll find out. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 18, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #971 of 1,838

Try it and you'll find out. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thanks, I'll give it a try and report back with my impressions.

Is there any point in leaving it on all of the time?

Keeps me from having to switch it off/on every time I listen to it.  If there aren't any detrimental effects from leaving it on, it would simply be more convenient.

Sep 18, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #973 of 1,838
Thanks, I'll give it a try and report back with my impressions.

Keeps me from having to switch it off/on every time I listen to it.  If there aren't any detrimental effects from leaving it on, it would simply be more convenient.

I know that in the bad old days ... The 70s, people were encouraged by hi fi mags to keep amps switched on so that they were at their 'peak', but I never noticed anything except transformers getting hot.

There was also the theory that electronics might be more prone to break down on 'switch on'.

For me, it depends what I'm doing. If I'm going to be using it a lot, then I leave on but if it's going to be left for a couple of days, it goes off.

I imagine in hot countries, it might get a bit warm and heat isn't really good for any electronics.

I was trying to find out whether you are somewhere hot or whether you think the sound is better because it's warmed up or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back