New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris!
Apr 28, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #721 of 1,838

Customs in my country don't even trust those invoices, you have to provide the proof of the cost (e.g. from the webshop) and the proof of your payment (e.g. Paypal receipt).

Hmm i see, that would be in fact very bad, but i could just state they were used amps i guess, that way it couldnt be full price (could do 2 sepparate paypal payments), but doubt that would work 100%, they are such a pain in europe to deal with.

Apr 28, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #722 of 1,838

Hmm i see, that would be in fact very bad, but i could just state they were used amps i guess, that way it couldnt be full price (could do 2 sepparate paypal payments), but doubt that would work 100%, they are such a pain in europe to deal with.

Yeah, if you buy second hand, you have to provide the entry from the classifieds or forums or whatever. Major PITA! You can arrange separate payments with some manufacturers/sellers, usually the smaller ones.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #724 of 1,838
I dont see want can they do, unless they send me a different invoice that avoids customs charges, ill have a talk with them, thanks!

I'm in the UK and import tax cost me £27 for my Ember. It's annoying but it still keeps these amps competitive price-wise, imo.

May 8, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #730 of 1,838
Alright. What kind of upgrade can I expect from the Vali for my $300? (with aluminum top)
I currently use Beyer T90. 

5%? 10%? 50%?  What's a realistic number anyone who has had both can place on the performance difference. If it's absolutely minimal then I don't see much use in making the move. 

May 8, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #731 of 1,838
My HD650 is sublime with filter. The depth of the bass is truly outstanding and he's also shaved off the mid bass hump. Not touched the treble, but the result is outstanding. It becomes clearer in the top because the mid bass hump has gone and the thwack that you can get in the bass is awesome.

That sounds amazing, I'm looking forward to trying it with my Polaris. I wonder when these filters will be available through Garage1217.

May 9, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #732 of 1,838
I'm not sure. I know that Frans has designed them so it's a question of when Jeremy can get them out.

The only thing that you need to be careful with is the volume. Boosting the sub bass and turning up high could introduce distotion since it is so low in frequency.

May 9, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #734 of 1,838
Not at all sure about this, but I was under the impression you could also buy the Garage amps from Frans so it would be a within the EU purchase.

Oh. Frans is just an electrical wizard that came up with the Kameleon portable amp design: a portable amp with switchable headphone filters, and is potentially pushing forward a "less explored" section of headphone audio.

That said, Frans designs (if we're talking about the Polaris) are only on the filters and he does them soley on his spare time. I don't think we have been told when the filters for the Polaris amp will be available.

Funny that.. It almost feels like Frans is the polar opposite of HeWhoMustNotBeNamed (OK I meant the O2 designer).

May 9, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #735 of 1,838

Oh. Frans is just an electrical wizard that came up with the Kameleon portable amp design: a portable amp with switchable headphone filters, and is potentially pushing forward a "less explored" section of headphone audio.

That said, Frans designs (if we're talking about the Polaris) are only on the filters and he does them soley on his spare time. I don't think we have been told when the filters for the Polaris amp will be available.

Funny that.. It almost feels like Frans is the polar opposite of HeWhoMustNotBeNamed (OK I meant the O2 designer).

I think you'll find Frans designs just about everything that emanates from Garage 1217, not just filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back