NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones
Feb 5, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #871 of 974

Does the DAP drive them well? I use mine with different desktop amps. I would never use them as portables as they flop around my head.

Of course my DAP is only used at home, so use doesn't really matter.

So, how do you like them?

Feb 6, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #872 of 974
Does the DAP drive them well? I use mine with different desktop amps. I would never use them as portables as they flop around my head.

Of course my DAP is only used at home, so use doesn't really matter.

So, how do you like them?

at home i have a dedicated amp for it, im using the Kann's in my office setup . They are able to drive them really well even on SE, as the Fostex TH610 are fairly easy to drive......my planars on the other hand is a different story-->needs to be on balanced 2.5...the SE amplification does not stand a chance.

Feb 6, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #873 of 974
z
at home i have a dedicated amp for it, im using the Kann's in my office setup . They are able to drive them really well even on SE, as the Fostex TH610 are fairly easy to drive......my planars on the other hand is a different story-->needs to be on balanced 2.5...the SE amplification does not stand a chance.

Do any "Lawtonizing"?

Feb 14, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #874 of 974
Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #876 of 974
I am considering getting a new cable for my TH610's, but I am not sure whether Sennheiser-cables can be used or not. Some report about reversed polarity, some say it's not a problem - Which of those 2 claims am I supposed to believe?

Apr 8, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #877 of 974
I am considering getting a new cable for my TH610's, but I am not sure whether Sennheiser-cables can be used or not. Some report about reversed polarity, some say it's not a problem - Which of those 2 claims am I supposed to believe?

They do reverse polarity but it’s not a problem unless you are one of the (un)lucky few that can hear the difference. I can’t.

It’s also not too hard to re-solder the headphone jack on a cable and reverse the polarity there.

Also note the sennheiser plugs are too long to fit snuggly, but they are secure. Check last picture - I used that in an office for 3 months without any problems.

B59DC431-1A84-415E-8075-659D7E5E46E0.jpeg

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #878 of 974
They do reverse polarity but it’s not a problem unless you are one of the (un)lucky few that can hear the difference. I can’t.

It’s also not too hard to re-solder the headphone jack on a cable and reverse the polarity there.

Also note the sennheiser plugs are too long to fit snuggly, but they are secure. Check last picture - I used that in an office for 3 months without any problems.

B59DC431-1A84-415E-8075-659D7E5E46E0.jpeg

Hope that helps.
I feel like I'm missing something here, why not just rotate each connector 180 degrees?
Are the two pins (in each plug) different to each other somehow, preventing this?

Apr 8, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #879 of 974
I feel like I'm missing something here, why not just rotate each connector 180 degrees?
Are the two pins (in each plug) different to each other somehow, preventing this?

yup - exactly this. They are different sizes. It may not look that way in photos but they are.

Apr 11, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #881 of 974
I picked up my TH610's about 5 hours ago, and I've already voided the warranty by modding them. Regrets? None - I took out the wool-like material fomr the cups, because I thought they sounded a bit tame. Now, they don't. I much prefer the increased bass quantity, and I can't hear the quality of the bass is degraded in any way. They're REALLY punchy and fun to listen to, now.

Apr 26, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #882 of 974
I've got a pair coming in next week... can't wait! :o2smile:

Apr 26, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #883 of 974
Has anybody just Lawtonized the drivers and left it at that?
I have a driver tune-up kit on the way. Should be here this week.

May 10, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #884 of 974
I picked up my TH610's about 5 hours ago, and I've already voided the warranty by modding them. Regrets? None - I took out the wool-like material fomr the cups, because I thought they sounded a bit tame. Now, they don't. I much prefer the increased bass quantity, and I can't hear the quality of the bass is degraded in any way. They're REALLY punchy and fun to listen to, now.

May I ask how you did that?.. has the treble become problematic or is it still good?

May 10, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #885 of 974
May I ask how you did that?.. has the treble become problematic or is it still good?

You would just twist off the earpads and then unscrew the cups. Four screws per side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back