NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones
Aug 13, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #226 of 974
sorry about the last post, but just wanted to describe some feelings

i was very disappointing with the resolution, the sony mdr-v700 does even compete with this headphone some with other pads, still its a little minimal better, will give it more tries

it sounds very smeared, dampened, smeared resolution, not handling the sound with a good overall tonality, everything just sounds like a very bad common headphone

the clarity is lacking a lot, and it just sounds awful, the bass is not strong either and is not well controlled, its abolutely v-shaped

it has a thicker soft plushy inner layering in the pads, that may make this more prominent

Sounds like you got a bad pair. Ive never heard a fostex Biodyna headphone have such issues

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #228 of 974
Sounds like you got a bad pair. Ive never heard a fostex Biodyna headphone have such issues

Eudis does you pair of Fostex have, a resolution of audiophile-grade?

that you can really feel comfortable with the price, for the audio-quality you get?

is it possible just for the resolution of the sound, to compare it to any headphone in this price class?

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #229 of 974
I haven't heard the TH-610 but my TH-600 is quite clear and its a fun signature (V / U shaped), quite a bit better than my MDR-1A in sound quality and when I tried my friends TH-900 its better but needs the rest of the audio chain to be just as good to really notice the difference.

I consider the TH-600 it to have audiophile grade resolution, about the same range as EL8, HD-650 and HE-400i and my friend in Japan says they are quite similar to my TH-600 so he didn't think its worth it for me to change from TH-600 to TH-610.

Aug 22, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #230 of 974
I just spent the last couple hours listening to the TH610, TH900 mk2, and the HD800S through a mojo and straight out of an iPhone 6S. Really enjoyed them all. I have a hard time hating on the TH610 for the price difference. Truthfully, if I had to buy one today I probably would have bought the TH610. They don't sound that far off from the other 2 even thru the Mojo. The soundstage seemed a bit closer in, but still quite enjoyable with strong bass impact and a slight V-shaped sound.

The Th900 mk2 had a slightly bigger soundstage and, to my ears, competed well on soundstage with the HD800S. The bass was thumping and did nothing to hurt the music. (Listened to Lay Me Down by Sam Smith, In 2 Minds by Kromestar, and Morning Sun by Melody Gardot, and Crystallize by Lindsey Stirling among others). These are basically the 610 on steroids with amazing artistry on the cups. Still, that seems like quite a premium to pay for that.

The HD800S had a beautiful airiness and more bass impact than I expected. They need the amp to wake up, while the other 2 sounded amazing straight from iPhone. After listening to them for a while, I can see why people fall in love with their presentation.

In the end, the 610 stood on it's own two feet and you could walk away with them and never look back.

Aug 22, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #232 of 974
Just to add, my Th-X00 PH just arrived at my house while I've been out of town and I look forward to getting home for a comparison.
smily_headphones1.gif

How do they compare bass wise? Also is the build quality better then the PH?

Aug 23, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #234 of 974
  How do they compare bass wise? Also is the build quality better then the PH?

He doesn't have it yet, as I understand, but I would also like to know that. I entered the last Mahogany X00's drop and would like to know how they compare to their big, more expensive, brothers.

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #235 of 974
From a build perspective, I'm impressed with the TH-X00 PH. There is no doubt that these cans are worth the money. I had read on Massdrop about the many complaints of scratches and bubble wrap marks in the cups, but I had no such problems. The sound out of the box was exactly what I had been hoping for. The bass is definitely in the class of the new 610's. At home, I'm running these things off my iMac, Modi Multibit, and VE Runabout 2.0, This setup is amazing! It's hard to imagine that the sound can get a lot better than this, but hey I'm new to this hobby/obsession.

Aug 23, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #237 of 974
D7200 has a wider baffle plate. Fostex didn't want to change their headband design so they had to improvise otherwise they would have to modify the cups, baffle plate, driver baffle in order to use anything but the extended connectors or smc for connectors.

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #238 of 974
D7200 has a wider baffle plate. Fostex didn't want to change their headband design so they had to improvise otherwise they would have to modify the cups, baffle plate, driver baffle in order to use anything but the extended connectors or smc for connectors.

I meant the connectors on the Th610 and Th900.  They're really out of this world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back