NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones
Sep 1, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #271 of 974
@Eudis
 what is your experience, will you try the th-610

do you feel the specs could be better on the other versions, and better than th-610 for more micro-details and sound?

with the thought in mind, that i had the initial expectation, that the th-610 was going to be at a much higher level that it was, didnt get impressed, at the treble or midrange in details at all from it, that made it all feel like it was'nt as good as people are raving about about all the other versions all the time

Im actually working on a custom headphone based on the fostex TH900 biocelulose driver. The only thing Im remotely interested is in the Denon D7200. It has a redesign free edge driver (derived from fostex biocelulose) and tons more changes. Current TH series headphones do not interest me any more, except for the driver. They are just basically stuck in a cycle, the Denon d7200 looks like its an actual move foward from the Stagnating TH/Denon series from before it.

I've been modding and taking apart fostex th900 drivers, so I've gotten a really great understanding on how the driver works and judging based on looks alone the changes to the Denon 7200 drivers look really good.

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #272 of 974
Now available on Amazon from HeadAmp (although they are currently backordered).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F00XWWW/

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #274 of 974
It's a super flexible1.2mt Litz OCC Copper Cable manufactured by one of Spain's best artisans in aftermarket cables.
The Jack I've chosen is a Viablue 3.5mm. The leadtime for building them though is pretty high. I ordered mine in May and received it in August...

Nevertheless, I've heard that Forza Audioworks has also some fine cables for the TH610s.

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #279 of 974
Can someone confirm, that the Sennheiser 650 Cable ist working with these?

I'd like an answer to the same question. I've heard a couple things that concern me. Someone suggested that the polarity might be reversed, so that whole they might play music might not sound so good. I don't know. And also heard plug on the can might not line up perfectly. Could stress over time. But I don't know either and would like a definitive answer.

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #280 of 974
Glad to hear! I think it may look plasticky but it definitely wood.

Can confirm, it's definitely wood.
Beautiful, beautiful dark walnut with black grain.

I'm gonna have to try real hard to get replacement pairs done this well - man I love these.

Just came in yesterday and I can tell a few differences to the D5000s and D2000s I got, so this'll make for a longer write-up or rambled recording in the future.
Cool stuff, biodynamics. Am a fan. Now I want to try TH-900s.. :|

Sep 10, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #281 of 974

I'm gonna have to try real hard to get replacement pairs done this well - man I love these.

Just came in yesterday and I can tell a few differences to the D5000s and D2000s I got, so this'll make for a longer write-up or rambled recording in the future.

My D2000 will arrive next week (really hope they work ok - they must be more than 4 years old). I'm really interested in comparing the D2000 with TH-610.

Sep 10, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #282 of 974

The th900 is very different. I encourage you to come over and give it a try.

Sep 10, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #284 of 974

I live in Sweden, so I doubt 'over (here)' would be remotely feasible :p

Wish we had more places here that'd actually allow auditioning, or at least some meets, but it seems rather dire.

Where did you get your TH-610 from?  This is the best offer (for Europe) that I've found yet - https://www.hifisound.de/en/Hifi-Components/Hifi-Equipment/Headphones/Fostex-TH-610-High-End-Headphone-Walnut-Black.html

Sep 10, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #285 of 974
  Where did you get your TH-610 from?  This is the best offer (for Europe) that I've found yet - https://www.hifisound.de/en/Hifi-Components/Hifi-Equipment/Headphones/Fostex-TH-610-High-End-Headphone-Walnut-Black.html

I got it from emusic.se, this offer in particular - https://www.emusic.se/product/36843/Fostex-TH-610.

It seems like most places only keep one or two of them in stock at a time right now (guy from a telegram group I'm in ordered the pair on hifisound), which is odd, but they seem to be restocking quite quick, particularly when more orders come in.

fyi, 5595 SEK = 586.38€/$658.62

Got here within two days, although to be fair, the store is basically on the northern end of Stockholm, while we're on the southern bit.
They ship quick though, so that's cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back