NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones
Jul 29, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #181 of 974
You've got two in Spain, afaik, but the price goes up to 700€.

The stores: Headphoniaks and Zococity

Jul 29, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #182 of 974
Hi, I can buy the Beyerdynamic T1 Genration 2 for only 655 Euros and the Fostex TH-610 cost 563 Euros.

Which one should I get? Which headphone is the better in terms of sound quality?

Thank you in advance!

Jul 29, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #183 of 974
Sorry to say, but there's no clear winner...
The T1 is an open can at 600Ohm that needs a good and powerful amp to be moved correctly. The Fostex on the other hand is a closed headphone that can be driven with "just" a dap like an iBasso dx90.

The T1 is more on the bright, analytical side of the sonic spectrum whereas the Fostex are on the warmer, enjoyable side. If your preferences go for classical music//film soundtracks where a precise sound and great stage are necessary, the Beyers are your cans together with a powerful warm amp. If you listen more rock, pop, electronics where you just want to enjoy listening music, not analyzing it, the fostex are your choice.

Where can you get by the way such cans at that incredible price?

Cheers.

Jul 29, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #184 of 974
  Hi, I can buy the Beyerdynamic T1 Genration 2 for only 655 Euros and the Fostex TH-610 cost 563 Euros.

Which one should I get? Which headphone is the better in terms of sound quality?

Thank you in advance!

Depends on what type of sound you like.  If you want fun then the TH-610, its also easier to drive, if you want sound stage and very detailed then the T1 which is harder to drive properly.

Jul 30, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #185 of 974
Sorry to say, but there's no clear winner...
The T1 is an open can at 600Ohm that needs a good and powerful amp to be moved correctly. The Fostex on the other hand is a closed headphone that can be driven with "just" a dap like an iBasso dx90.

The T1 is more on the bright, analytical side of the sonic spectrum whereas the Fostex are on the warmer, enjoyable side. If your preferences go for classical music//film soundtracks where a precise sound and great stage are necessary, the Beyers are your cans together with a powerful warm amp. If you listen more rock, pop, electronics where you just want to enjoy listening music, not analyzing it, the fostex are your choice.

Where can you get by the way such cans at that incredible price?

Cheers.

Hi, I can get those in Thailand for that price.. I listen more to rock pop and electronics. I have an Asus Xonar essence one Muses edition amp. And I have an AR-M20 DAP. Which headphone should I get?  I am planing to use it at home.

Thank you!

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #186 of 974
Hi again,

Between those two cans and having a look at what you've got to amplify them, I'd rather go for the Fostexs... Other alternatives, depending the price you can get them in your homecountry, are for example, the EL8s or the Beyers DT1770 pro...

Regards.

Jul 30, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #187 of 974
Hi again,

Between those two cans and having a look at what you've got to amplify them, I'd rather go for the Fostexs... Other alternatives, depending the price you can get them in your homecountry, are for example, the EL8s or the Beyers DT1770 pro...

Regards.

Hi! Why would you go for the Fostexs? Is my amplification gear not good enough for the T1 gen 2? I can get maybe an Onkyo HA-200 portable amp to help with that.. What do you think?

Regards
Roi

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #188 of 974
Just for two reasons...

1.- The type of music you listen to
2.- The T1 wiil work at their best with an amp offering around 200mW at 600Ohm and a Zout of around 75Ohm if you follow the rule of 1/8.These cans also improve even slightly more when connected to the balanced input of an amplifier.

You can go ahead with the Beyers, but you won't be listening them at their possible capabilities...

The Fostexs will certainly give you their best with the equipment you've already got. Then you can spare some money to make yourself with a -for example- Violectric V90.

Now it's your turn to make a wise choice. :) :) :)

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #189 of 974

Hi! Why would you go for the Fostexs? Is my amplification gear not good enough for the T1 gen 2? I can get maybe an Onkyo HA-200 portable amp to help with that.. What do you think?

Regards
Roi

I think he recommends the Fostex due to the T1g2 being much harder to drive properly, I have the T1g1 and it doesn't sound that great with most SS amps, usually sounds best on a OTL design amp like a BH Crack or WA3 type of amp, as an alternate a hybrid like a Ember or WA6 will also work.

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #190 of 974
Just for two reasons...

1.- The type of music you listen to
2.- The T1 wiil work at their best with an amp offering around 200mW at 600Ohm and a Zout of around 75Ohm if you follow the rule of 1/8.These cans also improve even slightly more when connected to the balanced input of an amplifier.

You can go ahead with the Beyers, but you won't be listening them at their possible capabilities...

The Fostexs will certainly give you their best with the equipment you've already got. Then you can spare some money to make yourself with a -for example- Violectric V90.

Now it's your turn to make a wise choice.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi, I have an Asus Xonar Essence one Muses edition Dac/Amp to use with the T1 Gen 2s.. Will they sound better than the Fostex TH610?

For the portable use of the T1s I was told the AR-M2 dap is a perfect companion.. What do you think?

Or should I get a Chord Mojo for the portable use?

Thanks a lot!
Roi

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #191 of 974
I reckon that you have a capable dap... Can you try both before buying one of them?

Jul 30, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #193 of 974
I thought I had read before that you had a M20.
I personally wouldn't spend that much on a M2... As it seems that you can have a wider budget I'd rather would go instead for the Fostex th900 mkii and a iBasso dx80 for example.

The asus amp/dac can't go wrong with the Fostexs but I personally don't know if it would be worth the T1s...

If you primarilly listen to those music genres and have an "expandable" budget, go for the th900, a good dap and a 1,2mt custom cable. The T1s need a powerful, warm amp that comes out with a bigger headphone output impedance.

Best luck with your choice.

Jul 30, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #194 of 974
I thought I had read before that you had a M20.
I personally wouldn't spend that much on a M2... As it seems that you can have a wider budget I'd rather would go instead for the Fostex th900 mkii and a iBasso dx80 for example.

The asus amp/dac can't go wrong with the Fostexs but I personally don't know if it would be worth the T1s...

If you primarilly listen to those music genres and have an "expandable" budget, go for the th900, a good dap and a 1,2mt custom cable. The T1s need a powerful, warm amp that comes out with a bigger headphone output impedance.

Best luck with your choice.

Hi! I can buy the T1s Gen 2 for only 670 Euros the Fostex TH900 cost about 1260 Euros!! That's a very big difference.. I don't think I can go wrong with the T1s what do you think?
I don't know if the Essence One Muses is warm or not..

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #195 of 974

Hi! I can buy the T1s Gen 2 for only 670 Euros the Fostex TH900 cost about 1260 Euros!! That's a very big difference.. I don't think I can go wrong with the T1s what do you think?
I don't know if the Essence One Muses is warm or not..

Basically the money you save by getting the T1g2 will be spent on the amp you will need to drive them properly over the cost of the TH-900.  Instead of the TH-900 what about the TH-X00 from massdrop, fairly close in sound to the TH-900 at a far lower cost since you seem to be concerned with cost. 

While I don't have any experience with the HA-200 most of the amps that the T1 sound good with are OTL or tube amps like a BH Crack or WA3.  I've tried my T1 with my original Essence STX sound card and its not a good pairing compared to the BH Crack so I would think that most sound cards are not able to properly drive the T1, first or second generation, I think the output impedance of most sound cards are too low and don't have a high enough voltage swing to properly drive a T1.  The Fostex TH-600/900/X00 are much easier to driver properly and I think your Essence STX muses edition will do quite well.  FWIW, when I compared the TH-600 to the TH-900 the only time the TH-900 sounded better was with gear in the mid-fi or higher level.

Sorry I can't remember the genre of music that you like so I will say this, if you like classical, blues, and jazz then get the T1 and a OTL amp, if you want a fun sound for rock, EDM, R&B and pop then the TH-900 would be my recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back