New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp
Apr 30, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #106 of 220
  HFN is Headfonia. I wouldn't compare the Vorzuge to the V1 because the one is portable: vorzuge, the other is transportable. If you are looking for a great IEM amp, the vorz is the better amp. If you're looking for tubes, only the V1 will give you the sound you want. They are totally different. Don't look at prices, look at what you need. Then decide. 

Thanks, it looks like V1, my holy grail from Fostex, is still what I must get.

May 4, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #107 of 220

I really appreciate those people who contributed their reviews on this hybrid tube amp and I did buy it from local headphone concept shop. I also glad that I made a good choice on my very first amp to explore warm and analog harmonic distortion sound from Fostex. Besides that, I have found that some internal parts are well known components like battery from Varta company, not so bad 6N16B-Q miniature tube as well as Fostex's custom made large film and electrolytic capacitors. Again, thanks to you all.

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #109 of 220
I want Share My Fostex Hybrid Tube Amp HP V1 out The Box

Source : AK 100 Gold Japan Edition
Headphone : Sennheiser HD 25 Aluminium
Cable : Crystal Cable Standarad Diamond

SQ out the. Box :
very enjoyable Hybrid Tube Amp , very sweet midrange
Very Good in detail and clarity , Wide soundstage
Very clean bass reproduction

IMO

Jun 22, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #114 of 220
Rudi, I have a question. If you could listen to only one IEM and one full size headphones, and only one set up to plug your headphones into, what it be?

Aloha Steve

First set up

Source : AK 240
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo
Cable : Sys Concept 1300 strand 2,2 mm diameter
You can use from sensitive iems to hard to drive headphone like Abyss

Second set up

Source : AK 240
Amp : Wagnus Epsilon
Cable : Crystal Cable Dream line IC mini to mini
You can use from sensitive iems to low ohm headphone

IMO

Jun 25, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #115 of 220
Fostex HP V1 best synergy are below :

Congratulation on joining the club!
While I can understand the intention of providing scratch protection I'd rather not wrap it up like that while using the unit... it does get quite warm, there's a reason it has cooling ribs at the sides, which need free convection to do their thing.

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #116 of 220
Congratulation on joining the club!
While I can understand the intention of providing scratch protection I'd rather not wrap it up like that while using the unit... it does get quite warm, there's a reason it has cooling ribs at the sides, which need free convection to do their thing.

Thank you

I do protection because Again scratches and My Fostex In stable Warm condition sound quality is better :D
IMO

Jun 28, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #117 of 220
Thank you

I do protection because Again scratches and My Fostex In stable Warm condition sound quality is better
biggrin.gif

IMO

ROTFL ...

Aug 10, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #119 of 220
Question, do hybrid tube-amps have the advantage of uncut/unclipped bass signal like tube-amps? Or are they simply harder-driving amps compared to all solid-state amps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back