New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp
Apr 12, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #91 of 220
Apr 14, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #92 of 220
Very excited to see some P1-V1 Synergies. As if it ticks all the boxes i'm going to spend a lot of money on it and a pair of headphones that the P1 could not reach, would Jude do a review. That guy is very good with his informative videos

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #95 of 220
I like the V1 better in combination with rather bright headphones (e.g. T90, T5p) than with headphones that have a strong bass (i.e. TH600, TH900).

Fostex won't talk about output impedances, but I guess its not too low (not because of the tube, that is only in the preamp stage) but rather by design. To my ears the Fostex headphones sound better when driven by the P1 alone...

Nevertheless the DT1350 is a beautiful combination as well, despite it having 80Ohm impedance.

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #96 of 220

I'm disappointed that the review describes a poor pairing with low impedance headphones. I guess that includes Fostex top tier.

Not poor pairing, but a powerful gain that is paired with an easy-to-rotate knob. For sensitive earphones and sensitive ears, I cannot recommend the pair, but for medium sensitive ears and earphones, it should be almost on par. The driving power and control over every earphone/headphone I tried is incredible. 

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #97 of 220
  Not poor pairing, but a powerful gain that is paired with an easy-to-rotate knob. For sensitive earphones and sensitive ears, I cannot recommend the pair, but for medium sensitive ears and earphones, it should be almost on par. The driving power and control over every earphone/headphone I tried is incredible. 

I'm hoping it will work well with the T5p and TH900, those a 32ohm and fairly sensitive. Neverless I think I have to get a HP-V1 anyway, since it's intended as a procurable adjunct for the HP-P1, and I'm have no issue with the 3.5mm socket.

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #98 of 220
Its a nice companion to the T5p while I find it a bit overwhelming with the TH900. Yes, the potentiometer could offer a bit more (mechanical) resistance and yes, I, too, would have liked a 6,3mm socket like Nathan mentioned in his review. I use an adapter with a short cable to avoid stress on the socket.
Drives the T1 as well, also a nice combination.

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #99 of 220

I'm hoping it will work well with the T5p and TH900, those a 32ohm and fairly sensitive. Neverless I think I have to get a HP-V1 anyway, since it's intended as a procurable adjunct for the HP-P1, and I'm have no issue with the 3.5mm socket.

Oh for those headphones, no problem at all. Wonderful pairing. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #102 of 220
  Go ahead and review it mate. It's an awesome piece of kit.

I was hoping someone with greater experience would tackle it. If I have the fortune to own one I will consider constructing a review. AU$729, not "water off a ducks back" for me.

I do especially like how Fostex had a custom capacitor to suit their performance goals, impressive.

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #105 of 220
HFN is Headfonia. I wouldn't compare the Vorzuge to the V1 because the one is portable: vorzuge, the other is transportable. If you are looking for a great IEM amp, the vorz is the better amp. If you're looking for tubes, only the V1 will give you the sound you want. They are totally different. Don't look at prices, look at what you need. Then decide. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back