New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp
Oct 13, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #36 of 220
I wonder how would they react against all their current competitors which all support DSD format. Very tough to be a producers in the current market and great to be a consumer. 

Oct 13, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #37 of 220
Fostex is right up there though offering DSD in their desktop DAC/Amp HP-A8 since November last year & now they've released the HP-A4 also with DSD support.

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #40 of 220
AJH, FYI I went to a tube amp festival in Ochanomizu, Tokyo. It was meant to be more for speakers but there were a few exhibitors for headphones and Fostex was naturally there. So was their HP-V1. Unfortunately I didn't talk to them although Shigzeo may have talked to them more. As such I didn't ask them about go-live of the HP-V1 :-

New pic but really no change (except this one looks like it's been to hell and back) :-

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #41 of 220
Thanks for the update AnakChan. That V1 does have a credible patina to it, possible the sole V1 to exist, tough as nails industrial design. 

I'm hoping the V1 can exist on USB, however it seems external non-USB charging is used? Nevertheless I'm looking forward to an new amp for the P1 exclusively. I have developed a bit of loyalty to the P1. I don't have interest in any resolution above 44.1/16 bit which helps, but it puts great demand on manufacturer.

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #42 of 220
Subbed. Mike on headphonia posted a few comments on this in his tokyo fest news. Sounds like it could be a winner. Just a pity no DAC in it, it seems

Oct 31, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #43 of 220
I wonder how this would fare against other popular portable tube amps such as the ALO Continental V3 and the GoVibe Portatube

Oct 31, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #44 of 220
My hope is that it is significantly better with regard to some aspect of the sound. eg. sweet, dynamic, crystalline clarity ... blah blah.

I'm also hoping Fostex sticks to USB for charging, for convenience. 

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #45 of 220
  My hope is that it is significantly better with regard to some aspect of the sound. eg. sweet, dynamic, crystalline clarity ... blah blah.

I'm also hoping Fostex sticks to USB for charging, for convenience. 

I REALLY hope that they'd finally make a portable tube amp that can at least drive the HE-500 with authority

Users who are viewing this thread

Back