New Foobar version 1.0 for download
Jan 16, 2010 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Mikeb

100+ Head-Fier
There's a new Foobar version 1.0 available for download, used it last night through my headphones (Ultrasone Pro900/Little Dot MKV11amp) sound seems have improved.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #3 of 41
Been using version 1.0 since it came out last week and I can not say I have heard any audible difference to the previous version. But then again it is really great as it is.
Took 7 years to reach version 1.0, but with this result there are no way to complain.
smile.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus_C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have it on portable install at the moment, it seems ok but several of my plugins aren't working, the portable install works perfectly though.

The plugin devs usually need some time to port their plugins to the latest version after release.

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #6 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been using version 1.0 since it came out last week and I can not say I have heard any audible difference to the previous version. But then again it is really great as it is.
Took 7 years to reach version 1.0, but with this result there are no way to complain.
smile.gif

I'm sure you've mentioned this before, but I'd have to search through 31,000 messages. ::emoticon::

How are you running Foobar since you've got a Mac. Are you dual booting to Windows or are you running a VM or is there some other way?

Jan 16, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #11 of 41
Using it right now, no significant plugins are broken, a good thing. Sounds exactly the same, so no problems there. The iPod Manager plugin options is now shoved in a separate menu, a bit annoying, but I'm guessing it needs an update anyway.

Jan 16, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #13 of 41
Guys, there's no point in talking about "sound improvements" here ... please show some seriousness.
wink.gif

And you might wanna read the changelog.

Jan 16, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #14 of 41
You'll never find something about sound quality in that changelog

Jan 16, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #15 of 41
Never used it before knew nothing about it. I thought wow......started using the new one right from the get go. Flac with Foobar sounds a little better than I-Tunes in my USB audio set-up. So for me, new with no clue about plug-ins, I love it! What a refreshing change from the slowness and mind control of I-Tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back