New Foobar version 1.0 for download
Jan 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #17 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bredin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only difference I've noticed with foobar 1.0 is that I can turn down the buffer size to 50ms instead of 100ms.

OPS, thats a news, to all those that claim buffer playback size its not important!

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are you running Foobar since you've got a Mac. Are you dual booting to Windows or are you running a VM or is there some other way?

Lenovo X200 for work, running Windows XP Pro.

Jan 17, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #19 of 41
Foobar development is exceptional ... but I am too lazy to upgrade. To much work locating plugins and verifying which versions I need.

I am still on version v.0.9.6.9, which I only upgraded in the summer. Will probably upgrade to whatever the latest version is in the mid or end of the year when I do some hardware upgrades and/or windows reinstall.

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OPS, thats a news, to all those that claim buffer playback size its not important!

It's definitely important, especially when playing over a network that's busy with lots of traffic.

Jan 17, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am still on version v.0.9.6.9, which I only upgraded in the summer. Will probably upgrade to whatever the latest version is in the mid or end of the year when I do some hardware upgrades and/or windows reinstall.

I just upgraded from 0.9.6.9 to 1.0 and everything works fine. So it's an easy upgrade, unlike when I upgraded from 0.8 to 0.9. Everything went wrong back then and I remember how I fought with the app for hours.

Jan 17, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcarmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never used it before knew nothing about it. I thought wow......started using the new one right from the get go. Flac with Foobar sounds a little better than I-Tunes in my USB audio set-up. So for me, new with no clue about plug-ins, I love it! What a refreshing change from the slowness and mind control of I-Tunes.

If you just did the switch, I recommend you try this out for foobar. Then switch the Channel Mixer DSP with Free Surround.
5.1 Headphone setup - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

I don't see a need to upgrade if it's working fine. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #25 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a new Foobar version 1.0 available for download, used it last night through my headphones (Ultrasone Pro900/Little Dot MKV11amp) sound seems have improved.

Come on man, you've been here since 2006. You should know better by now.

Jan 17, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #27 of 41
Placebo power!

Jan 18, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #28 of 41
If there was any sound improvement it would only be with lossy codecs.

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #29 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there was any sound improvement it would only be with lossy codecs.

Afaik a decoder either works, or not. A decoder bug would most probably result in very annoying audio glitches.
And most of the codecs are libraries developed by non-foobar devs, so ..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you guys reinstall over old installation, or uninstall first?

Both works fine afaik, just make sure that you don't delete your plugins/settings if you uninstall first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back