New Focal Headphone Launch - January 28th, 2021
Jan 23, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #47 of 104
Of course he knows ... but seems like the next flagship will be in 2022. Good for our wallets :wink:

Not sure, I guess the next flagship might still be in the cards for the second half of 2021, but we will see. In the meantime, the Utopia is still a worthy flagship headphone for sure.

Jan 24, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #52 of 104
Yeah, I am just a tad skeptical here about the naming of this....especially for a french company. Celeste, sure, but Celestee? It means nothing, and is not an existing word/name as far as I know. Maybe just throwing people off?
As long as they sound good, no one will care about e or ee. What does Stellia mean anyways? Nothing. It’s just a name. When I put the headphone on my head it sounds terrific. I don’t need more. No „story“ behind the product. A well built and tuned phone (near the harman curve) is all I need from a company.

Jan 24, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #53 of 104
As long as they sound good, no one will care about e or ee. What does Stellia mean anyways? Nothing. It’s just a name. When I put the headphone on my head it sounds terrific. I don’t need more. No „story“ behind the product. A well built and tuned phone (near the harman curve) is all I need from a company.
Agreed but it's not to late for Focal to change the name to "Greg".

:metal:Greg:metal:

Jan 24, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #54 of 104
Yeah, I am just a tad skeptical here about the naming of this....especially for a french company. Celeste, sure, but Celestee? It means nothing, and is not an existing word/name as far as I know. Maybe just throwing people off?
It’s better to do this for S
These look pretty!
I’m eagerly awaiting the next TOTL open-back from Focal. Could purcahse Utopia now but worried it will be replaced within a year.
Agreed but it's not to late for Focal to change the name to "Greg".

:metal:Greg:metal:
or Gregorie or Grejories

Jan 24, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #55 of 104
WHAT! HYPE! (not really)

My guess... yes, closed back (no perforated pads), and cheaper (ugly tick headband :p). Or maybe a planar driver design (no way XD).
I hope so too...

Jan 24, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #56 of 104
They are listed at $990, which is cheaper than the Radiance, so it will be really interesting to see how the performance stacks up to it, the Clear, and even the Elex
$900.....wow, this is a damn good price actually. I wish it was a bit less, but it could mos def be Stellia priced and having me on the sidelines lol.

Jan 24, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #59 of 104
[/Q
First $990 ... now you say $900. I say $800. Who bids less? 😜
Lol...true true

Users who are viewing this thread

Back