NEW Focal Clear MG Headphones
Mar 17, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #16 of 31
The specs for the new clear and MG clears are identical....
Numbers but they will sound different .

Magnesium is lighter than beryllium

Mar 17, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #17 of 31
Numbers but they will sound different .

Magnesium is lighter than beryllium
Beryllium is literally the fourth lightest element in the universe after hydrogen, helium and lithium.

Mar 17, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #19 of 31
Beryllium is literally the fourth lightest element in the universe after hydrogen, helium and lithium.
I only checked the density, 1.73 vs 1.84

Mar 17, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #21 of 31
Both of them are used in alloys, not pure form. Unless you know the exact alloy composition, or dismantle and weigh the drivers, it's hard to say which one is lighter.
Still not far from that density

Mar 18, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #24 of 31
You do realize that the Utopia uses beryllium drivers and that a Utopia MG does not make any sense?
if Focal makes the Utopia MG and manages to convince Mg is better than Be then they'll be laughing all the way to the bank

Mar 19, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #26 of 31
You do realize that the Utopia uses beryllium drivers and that a Utopia MG does not make any sense?
You're 100% right. Anyway, I'm sure hundreds of people (not me not me Sir lol) would buy an Utopia MG with the help of MARKETING. A few reviews telling that an "Utopia MG" is more neutral than the Utopia and has the qualities of both the Utopia and the Clear MG and there you go. :dt880smile:

Mar 19, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #27 of 31
Maybe they'll spray Be on Mg dome and you'll have Utopia MG

Oct 29, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #29 of 31
The focal clear MG, I truly enjoyed it during the review.
But that headband still gives me an issue in regards to hotspots, tried to utopia during a listening session I had the same problems unfortunately
But whilst I was reviewing the MG, I found that there is a treble spike above 17 K that is truly fatiguing after awhile I could only listen to it for 45 minutes
It used to give me a migraine, but for the time leading up to that point they’re exceptionally good I really enjoyed them
I think for a better all around head phone for all day listening the OG takes it still
But a lot of areas the MG improves upon
If you feel like looking for an in-depth analysis I will link my review

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back