New flagship iem from sony!
Sep 4, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #16 of 75
Sorry to say the leats, but I always find Sony pruducts to be over priced and they tend to hike up their prices way too high.  I can guarantee there would be IEMs out there fraction the cost of those and would sound better.

Sep 4, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #18 of 75
Those look a bit intimidating!
ph34r.gif

Sep 4, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #19 of 75
Detachable cables... nice perk right there. 

Sep 4, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #25 of 75

Quote:
Could someone explain the liquid crystal polymer that is used in these iems?

It sounds like a very cool material.

Liquid crystal polymers, or LCPs, are high precision moldable thermoplastics.  They normally are quite stiff, change very little in dimension during molding, have excellent wear characteristics due to their low coefficient of friction to most other materials, absorb practically no moisture, and have thermal expansion coefficients which are tailorable from negative to positive depending on the filler loading used.  Sony is probably going for the stiff, precision moldable quality of the material which should create a precision diaphragm which doesn't distort across its diameter.

Sep 5, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #26 of 75

Quote:
Liquid crystal polymers, or LCPs, are high precision moldable thermoplastics.  They normally are quite stiff, change very little in dimension during molding, have excellent wear characteristics due to their low coefficient of friction to most other materials, absorb practically no moisture, and have thermal expansion coefficients which are tailorable from negative to positive depending on the filler loading used.  Sony is probably going for the stiff, precision moldable quality of the material which should create a precision diaphragm which doesn't distort across its diameter.

Thanks, that's interesting.

Sep 6, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #27 of 75
as quite possibly the only person with 2xEX700 (sl and lp) - holy f-g s-t lol where do I sign up to give sony more of my money for them to later sell it at 500, then 300, then 250? 

also, on this happy note, my ex700lp cable has started to soak up and the insulation is getting damaged again...and I'm trying sm3 instead - which are warm, but not simblant. 

>Lastly, Like the MDR-Z1000, Sony let you the possibility to change the cable since they are removable.

and to that we say - orly? do want!

Sep 6, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #29 of 75
>sorry had to ask, you BOUGHT both? at full price?if yes-> what was the reasoning?

no. I saw them at full price in HK, bought them for 300 AU$ (that was kinda stupid). bough the lps for 150ish us somewhat used. 

The reason is they're reasonably bright/detailed/isolating and comfortable and I could use them for both classical and rock (especially when the simblance made me go partially deaf :wink: )

and then because of getting used to really warm sonys I got sr-404 and sold sr-202... =( i really should sue sony for runing my life, shoulnd't I
biggrin.gif
?

Sep 7, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #30 of 75
You know, sometimes you don't quite realize how screwed things really are...
Ooops:

Do I get a complimentary EX1000LP lol? (500lp I bought on a trip to EU, when my old IEM broke, and 300lp a relative bought on a trip to EU since he forgot his setup and only realized it at the airport)...All 4 are now mine :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back