New Fitear Universal Model Named Fitear - universal balanced armature
Dec 10, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #16 of 90
  No clue. I probably know about as much (or little) about em as you do so I'm just going off of that little comment I saw of Curra's. 

The 435 is the one with with the treble focus right? Then yep. I wouldn't mind hearing what FitEar's take on a more bright sig would sound like. 

I have no idea what the Monet even is. Monet, aYa, Melomane. What. The. Hell. I give em more credit than Sony for the boring ass names that they tend to pull outta their butts at least.

Actually, wasn't the Monet the one that was tuned for anime songs or something? If so, gotta love that wackiness

The closest thing to a "bright FitEar" would be the F111. Also perhaps the PRO 335 which has the same # of drivers as the MH335DW, but with two highs instead of two lows. Unfortunately we'll never know, because it's unobtanium unless you become a well known musical professional working in Japan.

The C435 is something else. Something... not of this world, and not mentioned much on FitEar's website for a reason.

Cliff's Notes:

Aya = a new custom with a sound being compared to the SR modded MH335DW, but with less midbass. Think this might be what you're looking for, Idsync. I know it's what I'm looking for in FitEar. I want one of these.

Gatling / Gundam (?)  = April Fool's Day joke that turned out to be a real thing. So far just like a CIEM equivalent of an awesome concept hypercar no one will actually be able to buy. Looks like it would murder your ears. Literally.

Melomane = a universal that was only available in Jaben outside of Japan; has white faceplates like the white version of the Parterre named "Blanco" but black shells (so like a Frankenstein of spare parts?). Sound is much more mid-centric than Parterre. It's relaxing.

Monet = The one tuned for retro anime (pre-90s), yes. Has a cute mascot who oddly looks like a more recent anime girl instead of a retro one. Suyama teased a universal version of this that supposedly had completely different tuning than the custom version (???), but it seems to be on the back burner.

Dec 11, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #17 of 90
LOL - that only makes me even MORE curious about the C435. 

Thanks for the comprehensive breakdown. Kinda miss seeing these little nuggets of info you'd often pepper the site with. 

A(i)ya(h!) - Dunno that I'd shell out the skrilla sight unseen/phone unheard. Especially not at the hefty, hefty premiums that FitEar charges. (aren't their customs near the 2k mark?) Cause hey, if I don't like it, I'm kinda SOL. I had to do quite a bit of consulting before hopping on the UERM

Celophane - Meh. 

Gundam:

What?

What!

Monet(monetmonet) - I wouldn't mind hearing this one actually lol. There are some Mitsuishi Kotono/Megumi Hayashibara songs I enjoy as a guilty pleasure

Also, Monet reminds me of Hitomi Kanzaki. Also Maaya Sakamoto Hmmmm

Dec 17, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #19 of 90
Looking forward to your thoughts....

Mar 6, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #24 of 90
  Greeting, there still seem to be very few of these in the market, how are these? Any input is appreciated. 

Sorry guys - haven't been able to post impressions yet as caught a bad cold of late so haven't listened to any audio for a few weeks, including my new Layla (very frustrating).
Its clearing up now so should be back in the audio land again soon.

Apr 3, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #25 of 90
I am in Japan and had a chance to listen to the Fitear Togo334, the Fitear Fitear and the Aya (universal fit demonstrator).

If you use the 334 as the reference (warm, natural sound) then the Fitear is quite a bit brighter and totally different tuning. I had a hard time figuring out which one I truly preferred to be honest.

Then heard the Aya and totally agree with MF. It is totally to my taste and sounds like a cross between the tg334 and the Fitear in tuning. It would be the one i would have bought on the spot but they dont sell to foreigners. I am not sure how MF manages it but i would be totally interested to know how it is possible for non Japanese residents to get one of these.

If they ever become available at Jaben I think the Aya would be my end-game IEMs.

To me they are better than the Shures and the Jerry Harveys and whatnot. All listening done at e-earphone akihabara.

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #28 of 90
I have ordered one from a local distributor and can't wait to receive them.
But it's so strange that no one seems to be using them, and I couldn't find reviews in either English or Japanese...

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #29 of 90
I have ordered one from a local distributor and can't wait to receive them.
But it's so strange that no one seems to be using them, and I couldn't find reviews in either English or Japanese...

Which local distributor? They are supposed to be limited to Japanese residents only, so if you found a way to get them from overseas then I'm sure more will flock in.

Apr 14, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #30 of 90
Which local distributor? They are supposed to be limited to Japanese residents only, so if you found a way to get them from overseas then I'm sure more will flock in.

I am in Asia and I obtained one from Jaben. No I don't think they are limited to Japanese residents but you can't get them even when you are in Japan if you don't live there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back