New Fitear Universal Model Named Fitear - universal balanced armature
Jul 19, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #46 of 90
BTW anyone more fluent in Japanese can tell us a bit about what was said in the fitear interview?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZvOvUlQkfQ

Jul 20, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #47 of 90
This babe is way more fit and tip dependent than Parterre..........much like the 334. Can't get a good fit with the stock tips except the double flange, but that is the softest of all those offered and (I think) altered the sound a bit due to a change of shape inside the ear canal........Ortofons are good but not great in terms of stability (at least for me)...........finally settled on JVC spiral dots which is both comfy and stable, while retaining shape and therefore sound.

I think even for those lucky people in Asia who can actually demo them, few would be able to get a good fit and gain a good understanding of its sound in the shop environment with usually the M size stock tips provided for demoes. I for one can never get a good seal with those, and the difference in sound is night and day with a good seal and without.

Jul 23, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #48 of 90
The country i'm in now is not available to trade or have a chance to listen them. So, anyone here can show me any store in Usa or Japan? I have some neighbours living in those place,and i hope they would find a better way to order this product for me.

Plz give me a favour.

Jul 25, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #49 of 90
Ok the fitear is very unique (actually most fitear iems are). if I have to describe the fitear fitear in one sentence, it is a top notch iem that has mediocre bass extension, truly balanced and coherent everything else, great but just short of excellent high extension with extremely realistic timbre and tonality. Does that make sense?

I think Suyama-san knows very well that this is not a 3.5-100000000Hz FR monster but what it can do it does with breathtaking perfection. Its the most uncoloured one of the fitear lineup of iems and ciems, but still has a tiny bit of the mid-hi sweetness that's essential for the guilty pleasure of Japanese anime music - common among the fitear lineup.

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #50 of 90
Shimmer of cymbals from the fitear gives me goosebumps...............

On the other hand, the bass............For once I get some deep bass from the fitear but it is almost like an afterthought...............I suspect the dropoff in the deep/low bass region would look steep like a cliff if a FR graph is plotted for the fitears. I'm sure bassheads, or even semi-bassheads, would HATE the fitears. For decidedly-non-bassheads like me, the bass is quick, snappy, and mostly timbre accurate for the frequency range it can manage. electric bass lines are rendered beautifully, but don't expect the least bit of rumble from the bass drum.

Jul 27, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #52 of 90
This hard to get iem is about precision , it has very tight rendering, there is refined bass with good fit but its not the dominant characteristic of this rare fit ear gem

Agreed, it's neutral instead of natrual, balanced and coherent instead of bringing out any specific frequency range, accurate and precise (with just a spoonful of sweetness to the mid-highs I think) instead of heavily flavoured. Extremely realistic electric bass line rendering which normally becomes smeared for other top-tier iems with a bigger bass. Mostly transparent presentation.

Jul 27, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #53 of 90
Agreed, it's neutral instead of natrual, balanced and coherent instead of bringing out any specific frequency range, accurate and precise (with just a spoonful of sweetness to the mid-highs I think) instead of heavily flavoured. Extremely realistic electric bass line rendering which normally becomes smeared for other top-tier iems with a bigger bass. Mostly transparent presentation.

Thanks fir your thoughts. These are very helpful. How does the FR compare to the TG334 and Aya? I would like to establish some reference points for the other Fitears I have heard.

Thanks!

Jul 27, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #54 of 90
Thanks fir your thoughts. These are very helpful. How does the FR compare to the TG334 and Aya? I would like to establish some reference points for the other Fitears I have heard.

Thanks!

In comparison to the fitears as per my description above,:

TG334: mindblowing mids...............quality of the mids are simply the best money can buy, but sometimes I find it too mid-centric overall. and lots of mid bass too. The combination of the very prominent mids, as well as the mid-bass, make it sometimes tiring to listen to the 334, especially when you crank up the volume a bit to squeeze out the highs. For all my love for the 334, I think the highs are a bit problematic - to my ears there's a hole between the lower-highs and the ultra-highs, and the result is that it sounds dark overall, but if you listen hard you can actually hear some pretty decent high extension. It is a top class iem which shall be an excellent one-of-a-kind addition to any earphone collections, but it won't be (and should not be) the endgame all-kill iem for anyone. MH335 and the fitears (or even the parterres, despite it being promoted as an iem for classical music exclusively) are more versatile than the 334.

Aya: mids and mid-highs both standout, with some emphasize in the mid-high region and more coherent extension into the highs, making it sounding a tiny bit less dark than the 334. The bass extension is more linear than both the 334 and the fitears, but the bass quantity is also considerably more than the other two, or even the somewhat bassy 335. I like how vocals, especially Japanese female vocals, are rendered on the Aya but the bass is the deal breaker for me TBH. For those who like this sort of bass I think they call it euphonic, but for me the bass is everywhere, even when it's not called for. AND bear in mind I only tried the demo unit and usually the CM end product will be more bassy than the demo.

Jul 27, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #55 of 90

In comparison to the fitears as per my description above,:

TG334: mindblowing mids...............quality of the mids are simply the best money can buy, but sometimes I find it too mid-centric overall. and lots of mid bass too. The combination of the very prominent mids, as well as the mid-bass, make it sometimes tiring to listen to the 334, especially when you crank up the volume a bit to squeeze out the highs. For all my love for the 334, I think the highs are a bit problematic - to my ears there's a hole between the lower-highs and the ultra-highs, and the result is that it sounds dark overall, but if you listen hard you can actually hear some pretty decent high extension. It is a top class iem which shall be an excellent one-of-a-kind addition to any earphone collections, but it won't be (and should not be) the endgame all-kill iem for anyone. MH335 and the fitears (or even the parterres, despite it being promoted as an iem for classical music exclusively) are more versatile than the 334.

Try using the JVC Spiral Dot Tips with medium insertion depth (not shallow nor deep insertion) with the TG334, it sounds more detailed in the highs than the stock tips. Due to the large bore of the Spiral Dots, it does not restrain any high frequencies from the TG334 nozzle, instead it sounds as though it let's all the highs pass through the tips straight into my ears. You'll need to experiment with the insertion depth yourself to find that G Spot....oops i mean the sweet spot 
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #56 of 90
  Try using the JVC Spiral Dot Tips with medium insertion depth (not shallow nor deep insertion) with the TG334, it sounds more detailed in the highs than the stock tips. Due to the large bore of the Spiral Dots, it does not restrain any high frequencies from the TG334 nozzle, instead it sounds as though it let's all the highs pass through the tips straight into my ears. You'll need to experiment with the insertion depth yourself to find that G Spot....oops i mean the sweet spot 
biggrin.gif

My experience with the spiral dots are they are comfy with just the right amount of rigidity to provide good to excellent isolation, but they alter the tuning of the iem quite a bit, bringing out mainly the mid bass and the highs. The highs may become peaky on certain iems. Sonically I found them a good fit with my K10U but not my parterre or fitear (both sound quirky with them). Pity I've already parted with my 334 so I can't test them with the spiral dots.

Jul 28, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #57 of 90

My experience with the spiral dots are they are comfy with just the right amount of rigidity to provide good to excellent isolation, but they alter the tuning of the iem quite a bit, bringing out mainly the mid bass and the highs. The highs may become peaky on certain iems. Sonically I found them a good fit with my K10U but not my parterre or fitear (both sound quirky with them). Pity I've already parted with my 334 so I can't test them with the spiral dots.

Yes, tips are very IEM dependent therefore Spiral Dots are meant for darker IEMs and SpinFit for bright IEMs due to the tip bore size. The bore size influence the amount of high frequencies that passed through it....the bigger the bore size, the more high frequencies passes through.

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #58 of 90
  Yes, tips are very IEM dependent therefore Spiral Dots are meant for darker IEMs and SpinFit for bright IEMs due to the tip bore size. The bore size influence the amount of high frequencies that passed through it....the bigger the bore size, the more high frequencies passes through.

For some reasons since a couple of days ago I can fit the stock double flange into both ears without bending the inner core thus resulting in pristine clean sound. Now no need to look for alternatives for the time being. I always like to use stock tips as long as they fit me fine.

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #59 of 90

For some reasons since a couple of days ago I can fit the stock double flange into both ears without bending the inner core thus resulting in pristine clean sound. Now no need to look for alternatives for the time being. I always like to use stock tips as long as they fit me fine.

Whether trebles pass through is a complicated matter, not just bore size. I believe keeping the shape of the inner core of any kind of tips intact without bends AND keeping the isolating material (be it foam or silicon) out of the transmission pathway are even more crucial than bore size.

And right now even the bass of the fitears is improving quite a lot.............maybe it's psychological or ear burn-in? The double flange is actually a bit less isolating than the spiral dots but the bass is somehow a bit more refined and extended with the double flange.

I thought I had settled on the spiral dots but glad that I found the trebles to be a bit peaky and uneven on certain tracks so that I switched back to the stock and got even more amazing results.

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #60 of 90
Whether trebles pass through is a complicated matter, not just bore size. I believe keeping the shape of the inner core of any kind of tips intact without bends AND keeping the isolating material (be it foam or silicon) out of the transmission pathway are even more crucial than bore size.

And right now even the bass of the fitears is improving quite a lot.............maybe it's psychological or ear burn-in? The double flange is actually a bit less isolating than the spiral dots but the bass is somehow a bit more refined and extended with the double flange.

I thought I had settled on the spiral dots but glad that I found the trebles to be a bit peaky and uneven on certain tracks so that I switched back to the stock and got even more amazing results.

Whatever floats your boat is all good. Different strokes for different folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back