New Fisher flagships; any takers yet?
Mar 22, 2010 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

grokit

Headphoneus Supremus
"Fischer Audio's flagship IEM is based on Balanced Armature technology, consisting of a single high quality driver.
More details will be posted here when available, including specifications and sound characteristics.
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 20 March, 2010."
Picture%201.gif

Fischer Audio SBA-01, $85.49

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #3 of 22
I'm curious to see how they compare to similar 1 BA driver offerings like the PL50 and the Etymotics. I wonder what the sound signature is going to be like. I can't wait to see ClieOS's review.

Mar 22, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 22
I am also excited for a review of these headphones since I was holding off on purchasing the Eterna because I knew that these would be arriving soon. Although I am kind of bummed that it is a single BA IEM... it seems unlikely that it is going to have the solid bass performance of the Eternas.

Mar 22, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #5 of 22
Well, the guy from Fischer Audio told me they are sending me some new IEM and probably a few big cans for review, but I am not sure which models they will be sending.

Mar 22, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #7 of 22
Well, nobody has them just yet, so no :p
I will be recieving them in about a week. I think I may have forgotten to set them as out of stock, I had to rush out for something. In fact, that will not be their flagship, they will have a dual BA model, and that will be their flagship. I'll be updating the site tonight after I get home.

Mar 22, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #8 of 22
Hard to tell from the photo but it does look like a largish siren driver. When I broke my PL50, I tore one apart. It's an interesting design and look a lot like what Ortofons are described as. There's a round suspended diaphragm over the full width facing forward with a BA lever attached to the center. The BA motor itself looks pretty normal but small. Basically, It should have better bass and bandwidth but perhaps a bit less overall control compared to a standard BA. Small motor, large diaphragm. Of course goodness is in the details and theory can be trounced by execution. I could be wrong as the lever to the diaphragm is what was gone. I vented the body for more bass and without the back pressure I think it broke from the pressure of insertion by pushing the diaphram back too far.

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #9 of 22
All the information I have recieved simply stated Balanced Armature, so I can't really support or refute that possibility. I will ask my rep.

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #10 of 22
There are no info about them even on Russian forums. Model isn't displayed on Russian site. So... We'll need to wait...
Frankly, i'm interested in BA Fisher, especially their sound signature - would it be as full-bodied as dynamic models or just another cheapo BA (as Russian Ritmix balanced armature phones).
ClieOS, maybe you will receive some new versions of older Fisher phones. 'cause Russian users talk a lot about them.

Mar 22, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #11 of 22
Let's hope so. I have no clue on which models they will send anyway
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #12 of 22
The SBA-01 and DBA-02 are on their site, just in the Masters series. Click on a Masters series headphone, and at the right see the 'More models in series' or something to the likes of that, and voila, new BA IEMs.

ClieOS, I think they are sending you all new models and possibly the new Eterna. The Eterna is the only old model they have changed from what I've been told. I've been heavily encouraging them to send you some samples, so hopefully you do get a good range. I'm interested in the cans too, as they won't really sell if nobody has reviewed them, and since they will retail close to $200, they're a big item.
I've asked if I could get some of the dual BA model in my shipment, and so far its a possibility.
My shipment has been delayed because the boxes for the SBA-01 have not been ready until now, so hopefully it will be sent tomorrow.
I'll update with more news later.

EDIT: The Dual BA will be $159.99. Pictures may be to follow. The DBA-02 will have a braided cord, we'll have to see if it's like the Westone cord. The Daleph model in the Signature series also has a braided cord.

In the new Eterna, I've been told that the bass will be more accurate and that they have improved the acoustics of the casing, which being a dynamic IEM could make a bit of difference.

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #13 of 22
hmm pretty interesting. if the dual BA can deliver, they will be offering a very competitive product at the price point of $159.99.

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #14 of 22
They've got a great passion and they know what they're doing, so I'm fairly confident that the DBA-02 will be well worth its price. I have a Westone 2 to compare with, so I've got a fairly direct competitor's equivalent.
They also have a headphone amp coming out, along with other new models in the Signature series (including a woody) and some new full sized cans, along with some portable cans.

ClieOS: Watch for Daleph, Lambda, Sigma V2, either armature models, new Eterna (all IEMs), Aries, Lynx, Cepheus, Oldskool, FA-00x (x being 2, 3, 4, or 5) (all full sized/portable cans) and HS 0001 and 0101 (headsets). Those are most of the new ones. Also watch out for HA-02, that's the amplifier. Amplifier will run on 9v batteries and has 3.5mm and RCA input, and 2 3.5mm outputs, each with individual volume control. Anything else is likely older models that they would like to send.

I updated my site with expected arrival times, I must have overlooked that option before.

Also, all the new/more expensive cans have detachable cables.

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ClieOS, I think they are sending you all new models and possibly the new Eterna...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ClieOS: Watch for...

Wow, a lot of things to watch out for...
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back