(NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs!
Apr 21, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #858 of 1,334
  Fiio products must be recharget before usage, as any other new products, the battery leaves factory in a 80% state, and using it right after a long period of time might degrade it.

Completely depleting these batteries at any time would be harmful to the battery, doesn't matter if it is new. Good rule of thumb for battery life is to keep it over 50% all the time. Hard to do with the e12a though, as there is no indicator except when very low.

Apr 21, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #859 of 1,334
  Completely depleting these batteries at any time would be harmful to the battery, doesn't matter if it is new. Good rule of thumb for battery life is to keep it over 50% all the time. Hard to do with the e12a though, as there is no indicator except when very low.

Well, as a rule of thumb, after listening an entire day, charge.. it is simple this way. it charges amazingly fast...

Is my purse for x5+e12a stack too unproper?

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #861 of 1,334
  Well, as a rule of thumb, after listening an entire day, charge.. it is simple this way. it charges amazingly fast...

Is my purse for x5+e12a stack too unproper?

you charge your e12a with what charger? I used a 5 V / 750 mAh output nokia charger take a long way about 8 hours 
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #862 of 1,334
  you charge your e12a with what charger? I used a 5 V / 750 mAh output nokia charger take a long way about 8 hours 
biggrin.gif

I charged mine with the charger that came with mobile phone, 1,5A.

You can fiind 1,5A-2A chargers that are small and pretty inexpensive ~10$ at mobile phone shops

for me, even with usb from laptop it charges pretty fast, but i seem to never deplete the battery, as i preffer to charge at the end of the day,

EDIT: i am looking to buy a stacking kit hs6. it is impossible to fiind, and i do not know what to do, because if i buy from outside of romania i have to travel 200KM to pick it up from delivery, things deliver at a security center...

IS there anyone who lives near Romania, and can send differently? or anyone from Romania who lives very close to the "posta vamala" and can help me buy one?

Apr 22, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #863 of 1,334
  I just wanted to comment on the E12a vs. JDS Labs C5. I've had the E12a for a little while and just got my C5 (listening on an X3ii). What I'm getting is neither is necessarily "better," as it depends on what you like. The sound signature is VERY different. Like it doesn't take an analytical audiophile to hear it, it's noticeable immediately. The C5 is much brighter, has a wider soundstage in my opinion, and the sound is much more forward overall. Things just seems less distant than they do with the e12a. With the bass boost adjustments, it's possible to get a lot more bass from it too if you're someone who likes a lot of bass. I'm still not totally sure what I want to do yet (I'm only going to keep one), but I think I'm going to keep the C5. I love love love the e12a, let me be clear, I just think the sound sig of the C5 fits me better. The e12a definitely fits Fiio's kind of "house sound" as you guys have referred to it of being a warmer amp, but not really with too much emphasis in the low end. That kind of sounds contradictory, hopefully it makes sense. It's a warmer amp, but the bass doesn't really have a kick to it. 

This is 100% accurate. The only thing that makes all the difference to me is the much better E12A treble.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #864 of 1,334
  I just wanted to comment on the E12a vs. JDS Labs C5. I've had the E12a for a little while and just got my C5 (listening on an X3ii). What I'm getting is neither is necessarily "better," as it depends on what you like. The sound signature is VERY different. Like it doesn't take an analytical audiophile to hear it, it's noticeable immediately. The C5 is much brighter, has a wider soundstage in my opinion, and the sound is much more forward overall. Things just seems less distant than they do with the e12a. With the bass boost adjustments, it's possible to get a lot more bass from it too if you're someone who likes a lot of bass. I'm still not totally sure what I want to do yet (I'm only going to keep one), but I think I'm going to keep the C5. I love love love the e12a, let me be clear, I just think the sound sig of the C5 fits me better. The e12a definitely fits Fiio's kind of "house sound" as you guys have referred to it of being a warmer amp, but not really with too much emphasis in the low end. That kind of sounds contradictory, hopefully it makes sense. It's a warmer amp, but the bass doesn't really have a kick to it. 

I am not able to understand what you are trying to say. so c5 is warmer but has less soundstage? i do not get it how it can be forward and have big soundstage... e12a kind of sounded like hd800 in my view, distant, amazing soundstage, and pretty neutral, with a total black soundstage, compared to x5 alone and e12, and other amps i tried, but i am trying to understand how exactly c5 sounds, and i am unable.

Also, does c5 have exactly the same total black background?

Or by forward you mean that the background is not black, which is the best feature of e12a?

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #866 of 1,334
Interesting, I find the treble better on the C5. I think the highs are just so much more detailed and prevalent, but not in a fatiguing way.
I think you got confused which amp I was talking about. I find the e12a the warmer amp, and I think the soundstage isn't as wide as the C5. I just think things are less distant with the C5. Even though the C5 has a bigger soundstage, the things that should be right in your face are. I find everything a little too distant with the e12a. The C5 in my opinion is clearer, more detailed, and everything is more in your face, yet not fatiguing. I actually find the e12a fatiguing me more than the c5 because I need to make it louder to get the clarity in the highs that I like.

On low gain, the c5 has a total black background. A tiny bit of hiss on high gain, silent on low gain. (I assume by that you're talking about things like hiss)

interesting. I might be interested, if i will ever be able to listen before buying.

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #867 of 1,334
Interesting, I find the treble better on the C5. I think the highs are just so much more detailed and prevalent, but not in a fatiguing way.
I think you got confused which amp I was talking about. I find the e12a the warmer amp, and I think the soundstage isn't as wide as the C5. I just think things are less distant with the C5. Even though the C5 has a bigger soundstage, the things that should be right in your face are. I find everything a little too distant with the e12a. The C5 in my opinion is clearer, more detailed, and everything is more in your face, yet not fatiguing. I actually find the e12a fatiguing me more than the c5 because I need to make it louder to get the clarity in the highs that I like.

On low gain, the c5 has a total black background. A tiny bit of hiss on high gain, silent on low gain. (I assume by that you're talking about things like hiss)

Sorry man, my bad. I was referring to JDSLabs C5.

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #870 of 1,334
Just to clarify, when you said you prefer the much better treble on ____, you were referring to the JDS Labs C5? So you prefer the treble of the C5 over the e12a?

I've been swapping back and forth with my e12a and my c5 like a madman all day
biggrin.gif
I still stand by what I said earlier, but I think I've developed a clearer explanation now.
I think the C5 does better in the lows and the highs, and the e12a does better in the mids. For me, the C5 is the better sounding amp. I think it's supreme performance in the highs especially outshines what the e12a does with the mids. They're both awesome amps, though.

I wouldn't like to put it this way, but frankly, JDSLabs C5 treble is really bad comparable to E12A. Everything else is excelent.

Very curious about the Cayin C5 now. I love treble and bass ; )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back