(NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs!
Apr 20, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #841 of 1,334
  Ya gotta get whatever works for you. I like having it on my belt as it makes adjusting the volume or anything else very easy to get to and it's out of the way. I think that anyone looking to use the X5 and E12 or E12A stack will find that this bag is just about as small as you can go while still having access to the controls. If you found another option please post it. I'm liking this setup!

I am very curious to see pictures to understand how it works, it seems like a good ideea, but i want to see how you were able to do it, the case chosen by you is pretty short, considering that measured with ruler, x5 and e12a have 13 cm to not hinder the volume potentiometer.

Something i wanted to side ask is if everybody gets a little stiff wheel. i mean, mine feels a little stiff...

Apr 20, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #842 of 1,334
The bag is .5" to .75" longer than it needs to be to hold the stack (perfect width). When I'm not using it I zip it closed and when in use I unzip just the top so that I can access the headphone input on the E12A and adjust the volume. This bag doesn't unzip much down one side so when I have the top open there is no way for the gear to fall out and I can get to whatever I need...or simply lift the stack out for a second if I need to select another album and then  slide it back in. 

Frankly, even if I don't use the amp with the X5 I prefer to carry the DAP this way, much less risk to the X5 in the bag than slipping in the front pocket of a pair of pants. When this is on my belt I don't even notice it but in the pocket your have to be very careful. 

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #843 of 1,334
  The bag is .5" to .75" longer than it needs to be to hold the stack (perfect width). When I'm not using it I zip it closed and when in use I unzip just the top so that I can access the headphone input on the E12A and adjust the volume. This bag doesn't unzip much down one side so when I have the top open there is no way for the gear to fall out and I can get to whatever I need...or simply lift the stack out for a second if I need to select another album and then  slide it back in. 

Frankly, even if I don't use the amp with the X5 I prefer to carry the DAP this way, much less risk to the X5 in the bag than slipping in the front pocket of a pair of pants. When this is on my belt I don't even notice it but in the pocket your have to be very careful. 

I never had x5 in pants pocket. most of my paints are way too tight to be okay with x5. i do not carry anything in pants pockets usually, so this is not new. i hhave only jackets with big deep pockets, in which i slide everything. only that the stack is too big to slide in this jacket's pocket. for refference, the size is at fault, because i can comfortably keep more than a 0.5l juice pet, two lion bars, and an apple. inside the pocket

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #844 of 1,334
Well, a jacket would certainly work but I'm in Florida, it's a million degrees outside and muggy (think Vietnam without the charm) so jacket won't work for me. Most everyone thinks its nothing more than a cellphone case. 

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #845 of 1,334
  Well, a jacket would certainly work but I'm in Florida, it's a million degrees outside and muggy (think Vietnam without the charm) so jacket won't work for me. Most everyone thinks its nothing more than a cellphone case. 

Ah, in Romania, it is getting hotter, i got x5 alone at the begging of last autumn, so i am yet to fiind a solution to use it in summer, but yes, i should get a solution for the problem of carying. 

I am going to buy a very cheap solution, and maybe upgrade if need be.

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #847 of 1,334
I found the a great soft case yesterday at Best Buy, the Lowepro Newport 30 and it has the loop on the back so it can be carried on your belt/hip. It's pretty much a perfect fit and as small as you can possibly go with the two stacked together. I've ordered a few different camera bags from Amazon but never one that fit this well. My goal was to go as small as I could but still have plenty of room for the X5 and E12A...plus it has a hidden zippered flat pocket in front that you could use to store your IEM's. The Lowepro Newport 30 was $10. 

If I can find the time I'll post a pic of the bag next to the stack and then with them in the bag.

Cool idea, I'll have to check around the house as I believe we have a few small camera pouches. Looks nice and compact. I have been using a small fanny pack that I strap around my waste.

Apr 21, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #848 of 1,334
Cool idea, I'll have to check around the house as I believe we have a few small camera pouches. Looks nice and compact. I have been using a small fanny pack that I strap around my waste.

I think that you meant waist. it means quite a different thing this way
biggrin.gif

Back to the problem, i had been searching for two days now for a solution... might as well get something a little bigger and see how that plays out.

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #851 of 1,334
From the looks of things the Pelican 1020 Micro Case would fit the X5+E12A stack perfectly and snugly. No room for IEMs or interconnect though.

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #852 of 1,334
  From the looks of things the Pelican 1020 Micro Case would fit the X5+E12A stack perfectly and snugly. No room for IEMs or interconnect though.

Got a 1020 for my x3/e12a stack. Fits well, including iems & cable (disconnected). Actually it does rattle round a bit, but I also got the foam, so just a matter of using it.

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #853 of 1,334
I finally got something to carry my stack. it looks more of a rave in person, but fits badly with the rest of me, as i am a big person, and the thing is small and trying to look tiny. It looks like an adult carying a child's purse, but it works, so no complains. i spent 10$ at kenvelo on this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back