[New EQ Software] Mega Switcher for Equalizer APO, with 15.000 EQ presets
Jun 17, 2021 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Jose Hidalgo

100+ Head-Fier
Mega Switcher 1.0 is now out, and it's free ! 😃 Check it out here : https://sourceforge.net/projects/mega-switcher/

Icon 128.png

Mega Switcher is a new interface for Equalizer APO :
- It's geared towards listening sessions (for 1 or 2 users simultaneously),
- It provides an easy way to manage your own collection of audio devices and all their EQ presets, using the power of Equalizer APO.
Full control is at your fingertips!

Headphones (AE-OE and IE) and Loudspeakers are supported. HeSuVi is supported too.

Everything is managed via a simple interface, keyboard hotkeys and a Tray Menu, so you can quickly switch EQ presets and sound modes. The small unobtrusive GUI (that you can hide, disable and reposition) gives you just the right amount of info at any given moment.

Mega Switcher automates a lot of things, making your listening sessions more enjoyable. Try it !

Here's what it allows you to do :
  • Multi-users : 1 or 2 listeners can be active at the same time on the same computer. 2 listeners can use 2 stereo DACs for Dual Listening.

• Multi-devices (headphones or loudspeakers) : an unlimited number of headphones (AE-OE or IE) or loudspeaker sets can be defined : currently 10, more on demand.

• EQ preset database : 15.000 headphone EQ presets are included : Harman presets (thanks to the AutoEQ and Oratory1990 databases) and Optimum HiFi presets (derived from the Harman presets). A 7-band parametric EQ helps you fine-tune settings even further on the fly. Custom presets can be added easily. Loudspeaker presets aren't included yet, but I'll be happy to add them in the future if people are kind enough to provide them using the Database Manual instructions.

• Multi-modes : a mode is a collection of EQ presets that match a specific target response curve. For example for headphones, all "Harman" mode presets match the Harman target curve, and "Optimum HiFi" mode presets match the Optimum HiFi target curve. An unlimited number of sound modes can be defined and customized (currently 6, more on demand).

• Multi-presets per mode : each individual device can have up to 9 presets per mode (for example 9 Harman presets, 9 Optimum HiFi presets, and so on). A priority system helps you to easily switch presets.

• 7-band parametric EQ for fine-tuning : this EQ can come on top of any enabled preset, and helps you fine-tune sound on the fly for any given song. Each of its 7 bands (we call them "enhancers") can be composed of one or several parametric filters. A "1K Tilt" band is also included, as requested by several people.

• Useful add-ons : two enhancer sets allow you to quickly compare different 7-band EQ settings. A Left/Right inverter helps you to never hear things the wrong way.

• Highly customizable : many things can be customized : interface, hotkeys, and lots of settings. But you don't need any of that to enjoy Mega Switcher. Just enter all your devices once and for all (e.g. "Sennheiser HD 600"), and you're good to go !

You may find this app useful if :
  • You have several headphones and/or loudspeakers (but it would still be useful with only one pair)

• You like playing with EQ and optimizing sound to your liking (EQ beginners welcome, the app is easy to use)

• You are already an Equalizer APO user

• You love music :p

Some screen caps :

Mode Dark.jpg
Mode Clear.jpg

2021.06.12 - 20.25.28.png
2021.06.12 - 20.26.00.png

2021.06.12 - 20.31.11.png
2021.06.12 - 20.31.21.png

2021.06.16 - 11.54.56.png
2021.06.12 - 20.34.28.png

2021.06.12 - 20.31.26.png

Tray Menu.png

Thanks to the many people who helped me with this app, and pushed me to make it better than I ever thought it would be ! :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #2 of 18
Mega Switcher has been updated to version 1.1 ! :D Here's an excerpt from the Changelog :

1.1 version :
- New "Check for Updates" feature on startup (can be disabled)
- New "MSWDevice" setting to enable Mega Switcher for either all devices in config.txt or only one of them
- Added two new EQ bands : "Punch" and "Hiss". "Air" has been renamed as "Airiness".
- If there's only one declared device in Devices.ini, it will be automatically activated on startup
- Corrected a bug related to text color in message GUIs
- Corrected a bug in ToggleGui function (now properly displays text GUI if required)
- Corrected a small non-bothering bug in Devices.ini file itself, for peace of mind
- Deactivated Up/Down and PgUp/PgDn keys when mouse is directly over the Slider GUI
As you can see, among the new features and the bug corrections, there's a new update mechanism that will automatically notify you of new updates on startup every once in a while. That can of course be disabled too.

As always, enjoy ! :wink:

2021.06.29 - 17.14.45.png

Jul 9, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 18
I had the chance to use this software for few weeks now and it's worth it, very smooth to use and with a very wide potential.

Jul 27, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #6 of 18
Version 1.2 (edit : 1.22) is out ! :D

This is a major update. Check the changelog for details !

1.22 version
  • Deleted a remaining message box in 2-user mode that was there for debugging purposes
1.21 version
  • Fixed a small bug within the Tray Menu, when clicking alternatively with left and right buttons
1.2 version
  • Major EQ Database update with all 600+ original Oratory1990 presets
    => Such presets replace all corresponding AutoEQ "Oratory" presets (named "Harman 1.txt")
    => This update also includes 3 new target curves for some headphones : Oratory, Diffuse Field, Crinacle
  • Number of Sound Modes (targes curves) has been increased from 6 to 10
  • Full "Devices" images folder isn't included anymore, to greatly save on download size
    => Only relevant device image files are automatically downloaded on startup (only if missing)
    => This behaviour can be disabled via the new CheckPngFiles variable in Settings.ini
  • Fixed a bug where hotkeys for User 2 were enabled even if Users = 1
  • Better handling of very long device names (> 40 characters excl. brackets)
  • Replaced "Sound" by "Target" in modes 2 and up (e.g. "Harman Target" instead of "Harman Sound")
    => Mode 1 remains "Original Sound"
  • Added a link to the ChangeLog when there's a new update available
  • Added some device pictures to the online database (e.g. Apple AirPods Max)

FYI the download size has greatly been reduced (13.8 MB instead of 47+ MB, that's something). That was achieved by downloading only the hi-res pictures you need (the Devices pictures database is now online). This is much more efficient and solves an issue that was puzzling me right from the start.

Most of all, now we have all the "original" Oratory1990 presets, exactly as they are in his Reddit. It took a bit of work, but now they're here. :cool:

As usual, feel free to report anything : bugs, questions, and also positive stuff, it always warms my heart. :)

PS : for users of previous versions, all files and folders need to be replaced with this update, except the Devices.ini file. Namely the Settings.ini file and the hotkeys files need to be replaced too, or bad things will happen. Thanks !

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #9 of 18
Mega Switcher 1.0 is now out, and it's free ! 😃 Check it out here : https://sourceforge.net/projects/mega-switcher/

Icon 128.png

Mega Switcher is a new interface for Equalizer APO :
- It's geared towards listening sessions (for 1 or 2 users simultaneously),
- It provides an easy way to manage your own collection of audio devices and all their EQ presets, using the power of Equalizer APO.
Full control is at your fingertips!

Headphones (AE-OE and IE) and Loudspeakers are supported. HeSuVi is supported too.

Everything is managed via a simple interface, keyboard hotkeys and a Tray Menu, so you can quickly switch EQ presets and sound modes. The small unobtrusive GUI (that you can hide, disable and reposition) gives you just the right amount of info at any given moment.

Mega Switcher automates a lot of things, making your listening sessions more enjoyable. Try it !

Here's what it allows you to do :
  • Multi-users : 1 or 2 listeners can be active at the same time on the same computer. 2 listeners can use 2 stereo DACs for Dual Listening.

• Multi-devices (headphones or loudspeakers) : an unlimited number of headphones (AE-OE or IE) or loudspeaker sets can be defined : currently 10, more on demand.

• EQ preset database : 15.000 headphone EQ presets are included : Harman presets (thanks to the AutoEQ and Oratory1990 databases) and Optimum HiFi presets (derived from the Harman presets). A 7-band parametric EQ helps you fine-tune settings even further on the fly. Custom presets can be added easily. Loudspeaker presets aren't included yet, but I'll be happy to add them in the future if people are kind enough to provide them using the Database Manual instructions.

• Multi-modes : a mode is a collection of EQ presets that match a specific target response curve. For example for headphones, all "Harman" mode presets match the Harman target curve, and "Optimum HiFi" mode presets match the Optimum HiFi target curve. An unlimited number of sound modes can be defined and customized (currently 6, more on demand).

• Multi-presets per mode : each individual device can have up to 9 presets per mode (for example 9 Harman presets, 9 Optimum HiFi presets, and so on). A priority system helps you to easily switch presets.

• 7-band parametric EQ for fine-tuning : this EQ can come on top of any enabled preset, and helps you fine-tune sound on the fly for any given song. Each of its 7 bands (we call them "enhancers") can be composed of one or several parametric filters. A "1K Tilt" band is also included, as requested by several people.

• Useful add-ons : two enhancer sets allow you to quickly compare different 7-band EQ settings. A Left/Right inverter helps you to never hear things the wrong way.

• Highly customizable : many things can be customized : interface, hotkeys, and lots of settings. But you don't need any of that to enjoy Mega Switcher. Just enter all your devices once and for all (e.g. "Sennheiser HD 600"), and you're good to go !

You may find this app useful if :
  • You have several headphones and/or loudspeakers (but it would still be useful with only one pair)

• You like playing with EQ and optimizing sound to your liking (EQ beginners welcome, the app is easy to use)

• You are already an Equalizer APO user

• You love music :p

Some screen caps :

Mode Dark.jpg Mode Clear.jpg
2021.06.12 - 20.25.28.png 2021.06.12 - 20.26.00.png
2021.06.12 - 20.31.11.png 2021.06.12 - 20.31.21.png
2021.06.16 - 11.54.56.png 2021.06.12 - 20.34.28.png
2021.06.12 - 20.31.26.png
Tray Menu.png

Thanks to the many people who helped me with this app, and pushed me to make it better than I ever thought it would be ! :wink:
Awesome. A new EQ tool. I just downloaded it. I'll check it out when I have more time

Oct 26, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #11 of 18
I just downloaded mega switcher for APO and wanted to say thank you for your hard work with this project. It has enhanced my HIFIMAN HE400i 2020 listening experience to another level.

Awesome EQ database that covers a massive amount of HP EQ settings. :beerchug:
Well, thank you @ScubaDrunk ! Nice feedback is always appreciated. Cheers ! :beerchug:

Nov 2, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #12 of 18
I know this will sound dumb, but I downloaded the Mega Switcher app and already had the APO on my computer. I can't get it to work properly. Maybe I should delete the version I had of the APO, I had it with Peace but it quit working. As you can tell I am not very computer literate, but I keep trying.

Nov 2, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #13 of 18
Hi @little grayman , let me be a little more specific :
  1. Yes, Equalizer APO must be installed first
  2. No, its version doesn't matter
  3. You don't need to uninstall it, EXCEPT if it doesn't work at all anymore (even with Peace), in which case you should uninstall then reinstall everything properly
  4. You DEFINITELY need to read Mega Switcher's Installation Manual (and User Manual) and follow the steps properly. It's not optional.
  5. If you have a specific issue, please send me a Private Message and describe it as precisely as possible
  6. I can try to help a little, but I can't be a custom helpdesk for every user that needs it, lol. Everything is in the manuals, I promise.
Good luck !

Nov 2, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #14 of 18
Hi @little grayman , let me be a little more specific :
  1. Yes, Equalizer APO must be installed first
  2. No, its version doesn't matter
  3. You don't need to uninstall it, EXCEPT if it doesn't work at all anymore (even with Peace), in which case you should uninstall then reinstall everything properly
  4. You DEFINITELY need to read Mega Switcher's Installation Manual (and User Manual) and follow the steps properly. It's not optional.
  5. If you have a specific issue, please send me a Private Message and describe it as precisely as possible
  6. I can try to help a little, but I can't be a custom helpdesk for every user that needs it, lol. Everything is in the manuals, I promise.
Good luck !
Thanks so much, I will try that. I will let you know how it turns out

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #15 of 18
I have been using Mega Switcher to switch between Equalizer APO configs easily using hotkeys, and it's great. It's so easy now to change my EQ whenever I swap headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back