NEW!! Elite TWag LOD~~~~
Dec 7, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #16 of 49
its just that the wire is 300 dollars, i would hope it made a difference, but if it does, then ill want some to connect my dac to my amp, which would be a 12ft run with mini jack on one end and rca's on the other...i dont even want to think about how much that would cost :/

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #17 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its just that the wire is 300 dollars, i would hope it made a difference, but if it does, then ill want some to connect my dac to my amp, which would be a 12ft run with mini jack on one end and rca's on the other...i dont even want to think about how much that would cost :/

1 billion dollars!!!
tongue.gif

Dec 19, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #20 of 49
Hi:

I have a question regarding the difference between the TWag LOD and the SCSCag LOD. I would really like the Micro plug, so that means I need to get the SCSCag LOD, however, I'd also like to someday get the TWag headphone cable. Is it blasphemy to mix them up like this?

I plan on using these cables with a iPod Classic/iPod touch 2nd Gen --> PICO Slim --> JH13s. I will also be using the JH13 with a Headroom desktop amp/dac when not on the move.

Thanks!

Dec 19, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #21 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenman9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi:

I have a question regarding the difference between the TWag LOD and the SCSCag LOD. I would really like the Micro plug, so that means I need to get the SCSCag LOD, however, I'd also like to someday get the TWag headphone cable. Is it blasphemy to mix them up like this?

I plan on using these cables with a iPod Classic/iPod touch 2nd Gen --> PICO Slim --> JH13s. I will also be using the JH13 with a Headroom desktop amp/dac when not on the move.

Thanks!

craig is pretty much willing to put whatever connectors on the ends of the cables that you want, just shoot him an email and let him know what youre thinking. Do you really not want the Viablue connector? its supposed to be pretty freaking good

Dec 20, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #24 of 49
Yea, I saw that, but if the current pricing is any indication, the TWag LOD with the micro will be more expensive than the SCSCag LOD with the micro. Plus, since the Dec. special will be over, I'm assuming waiting for the TWag LOD will cost me at least $50 more than buying the SCSCag LOD now. I'm not to worried about the flexibility of the LOD, but I am when it comes to the headphone cable, so I'm pretty sold on the TWag headphone cable.

I'd wait if the TWag LOD is significantly better in terms of SQ, however, from what I have gathered both TWag and SCSCag are in the same SQ league-it is their physical flexibility that truly differentiates them. It is this assumption that I'm looking for opinions on here.

Dec 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #25 of 49
I can't comment on the TWag vs SCSCag SQ, but I've had my TWag LOD for about a week, and it is everything that it is advertised to be.

I have been using an entry-level Qables LOD, which I liked fairly well, especially in terms of the detailed sound it delivered. However, I found that the Qables had a certain harshness in the high end, and a kind of cold, digital quality to the sound. I was hoping that the TWag LOD would address this issue, but still deliver a detailed sound.

Well, the TWag is an absolute home run. The warmth of the music comes through withoutthat high end harshness and without losing a shred of detail (in fact, the detail was even a bit improved over the Qables). In addition to adding warmth, I did a little A-B'ing between the 2 LOD's, and was amazed at how 2-dimensional the Qables' sound was compared to the TWag. The TWag added depth and atmospherics to the instruments. Not quite exactly depth of soundstage, but a little different. The best way I can describe it is that the instruments were 3-dimensional w/ the TWag and were 2D w/ the Qables.

I haven't been using the TWag long enough to comment on a change in the sound as it burns in. But even if the SQ does not improve one iota from where it is now, I will remain a very happy camper. This is a beautiful, well-made cable that I am sooooo psyched to be using in my rig. Craig deserves a ton of credit for this one (take a bow, Craig!)
beerchug.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #26 of 49
Click click click, "Is the mic on?"

I would like to thank my parents, my friends and my wife....LOL

Thanks you so much for the kind words. The product has evolved over the past year and finally it arrives in Headif'ers hands....

The cable will sound better as time goes on. Like I said, there are such things as unicorns.

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back