NEW EARSONICS "PURPLE"
Mar 23, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #76 of 86
Kind of quiet here for such a special iem as the Purple seems to be.
It caught my attention but I have some doubts, so I will appreciate if someone can compare it with the Velvet v2 or even IE800S, for a better picture about the sound.
Ooops late reply

Purple is definitely a step up than Velvet 2, offering better vocal intimacy, clarity and soundstage. Slightly forward sounding, but it takes a step back, observing a whole view of the spectrum, while maintaining delicacy and articulation. Gobs of detail with velvety texture and natural warmth and decay from bass. In relation to the thicker sounding HYLA CE5, Purple is less aggressive, more controlled and detailed while having lesser bass slam than the CE5. Back to the Velvet V2, sound of Purple is more focused and less diffuse with a slightly deeper & less boomy bass.

**This is from my memory from last year so YMMV

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #78 of 86
Somebody can help me with comparision against Grace? Are they similar? Grace is really much smoother? Does the price diference make the diference? Thank you
Hello

These are two totally different IEM's. The Purple is tunable(three settings), and the Grace is a TOTL offering. The Purple on it's standard setting has a brighter signature, with great detail and a decent amount of bass, if the track has it. The Grace has phenomenal BA bass with a smooth upper end and is a super easy listen.

Apr 26, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #82 of 86
I thought they had similar signatures... which one in its level. I woul like to have the smooth of Grace in Warm position of Purple, with less money of course
The Purple is always going to be more a bit more sharp in the treble. The Grace is smooth up top. Both are great choices, just different.

Apr 26, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #83 of 86
Thank you so much.

The Purple is always going to be more a bit more sharp in the treble - THIS WAS MY REAL FEAR. Can't have a bit of sibilance neither harshness in my ears, even if that's a recording problem. I think i won't take the risk.

Any advice for a similiar "smooth" as Grace?

Apr 26, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #84 of 86
The Purple is more detailed in the treble I wouldn't say it is offensive. Sharp was probably a poor choice of words, I thought as i wrote it this is going to sound negative. Grace is a long listen IEM and I find Purple is as well, the signatures are just different. I would recommend either.

Apr 26, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #85 of 86
Thank you so much.

The Purple is always going to be more a bit more sharp in the treble - THIS WAS MY REAL FEAR. Can't have a bit of sibilance neither harshness in my ears, even if that's a recording problem. I think i won't take the risk.

Any advice for a similiar "smooth" as Grace?
Go with the Stark, bass attack is more strong and stage less big, but that's a smooth IEM with the same musicality in the high mids. To me that's for now the only ES IEM as musical as the EM10 and Grace, this 5 drivers hybrid is a really great product.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back