Headphoneus Supremus
2009 Ducatis Break Cover at Milan

basically new version of 1098, but in naked bike form:

ducatistreetfighter2.jpg

ducatistreetfighter.jpg

ducatistreetfighter3.jpg

kinda disorienting, actually.

Nov 4, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #4 of 55
So are they moving away from having all the paneling on the sides like I used to see with Ducati bikes (example 996)? I kind of like this look better.

Nov 4, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 55
^ well no, 1198 is still coming - looking almost like 1098, but with more power and less weight ( therefore, impossible to ride) and I guess they're just trying to expand their market? Some people thought Monster was little too tame (which it isn't, btw).

Nov 4, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #6 of 55
Not my cup of tea, or at least that's what I say by looking at pics. Way too much power for me in any event.

Ducati also has some stuff up about it now: Ducati Streetfighter

I think it looks a lot better in red (in the link you provided).

Nov 4, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #7 of 55
awful name by the way. And no, I couldn't handle it. I love how ducati are making these while 99.99% of the riders can't handle them fully
wink.gif

Edit: yeah, it's the same engine as 1098, just detuned 5hp or so. I would feel safer being catapulted into a cliff.

Nov 4, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #10 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yikes! I don't know what they were thinking with this design. Still, it's very hard to deny the glorious roar of a Ducati.

or the gloriousely annoying "click! click! click! click! Grrrrrrrrrr click! click! click! Grrrrrrr" of dry clutch
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #12 of 55
drool!

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #13 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
awful name by the way. And no, I couldn't handle it. I love how ducati are making these while 99.99% of the riders can't handle them fully
wink.gif

Edit: yeah, it's the same engine as 1098, just detuned 5hp or so. I would feel safer being catapulted into a cliff.

For me, there is no such thing as too much power in a sportbike... but you're right, most riders will NEVER be able to properly handle that level of grunt. We really need a tiered licensing system here in the US.

I am the owner of a VERY rare Aprilia streetfighter, which I love more than life itself, but would absolutely consider adding this new Duc to the stable
tongue_smile.gif
... droolz.

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #14 of 55
Quote:

wink.gif

I'm still thinking S4RS, red (or possibly Tricolore if I can find one these days).

Quote:

or the gloriousely annoying "click! click! click! click! Grrrrrrrrrr click! click! click! Grrrrrrr" of dry clutch
wink.gif

No kidding! Anyone who doubts this statement, just watch a couple Ducati YouTube videos. Is the 696 the only monster with a wet clutch?

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #15 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, there is no such thing as too much power in a sportbike... but you're right, most riders will NEVER be able to properly handle that level of grunt. We really need a tiered licensing system here in the US.

I honestly think his 99.99% is fairly close. About 1 in 1,000 riders is a pro, or so I would guess. Probably 10% of all Ducati monster riders can get "most" of what this bike would have to offer out of it. Maybe 1% could get "nearly all" but it's a rare dude who can push that kind of bike before he's pushed himself too far. To make matters worse, I'm most likely in the 10% least qualified to rude such a bike, if not in the 1% or 0.1%.

The same it true, BTW, with respect to ultra fast cars. I can't even pretend to think that I can push my Atom anywhere near to it's limits (mine is the maxed out 300hp supercharged version), and realistically would never even be able to push a 205hp normally aspirated Atom. The feather touch type of responsiveness in terms of acceleration, braking and steering is simply mind boggling to a hack like me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back