New Ducatis
Nov 14, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #32 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by C-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok i´m sorry if i did step on some ones love!
but hay i´m just saying hove it is over her in Sweden!(Sory!)
over her we have a long winter so tweking comes natural to os!
i now at least 4hayabusas whit over 420bhp only in my town!

and pleas dont name sportster i´m homofobic!!!!

99% of the people can't utilize 420hp on 4 wheels... why bother putting it on 2?

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #33 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
99% of the people can't utilize 420hp on 4 wheels... why bother putting it on 2?

Those 99% probably don't buy a Ducati anyway...
But I agree that 420hp on a motorcycle is way overkill. "Just" 200hp give you insane speed resourses

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #34 of 55
There's a saying around the track circles about high horsepower bikes and the average rider. "Many people look for power adders and more horsepower to make up for the lack of riding skills." I agree with this statement. The only time high horsepower is really justified is if the person drag races their bike. But even there, rider ability also plays a significant factor.

There's a guy who's video has been circulated on the internet called Norman Jackson. When the latest generation ZX-10s hit the market in 04, he took a stock engined ZX-10 with nothing but gearing, strapped front end, full exhaust system, and I think a PCIII and ran consistent low 9s in the 1/4 at about 144 MPH trap speed. Some people with nitrous shots, engine work, extended swing arms, etc, etc would be lucky to even get into the mid 9s.

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #35 of 55
There's a good saying in racing, and I don't remember where I heard it from: "good brakes makes the car (or bike) go faster"
wink.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #36 of 55
It's interesting you bring up the topic of brakes. In Keith Code's riding school, there's not as much emphasis on the use of brakes as I thought there would be. They focus more on throttle control and input than anything else. Yes, we use brakes when we're running around the track. But they're trying to emphasize more about getting your entrance speed high enough where you won't crash so you can carry more speed into the corner and then power out of it at an even faster speed.

But they do have a tool to practice braking on which is the braking bike. The bike has outriggers to keep you from tipping the bike during the hard braking practices. It took me a while to get used to intentionally grabbing a fist full of front brake. The goal of the practice was to get used to how the bike reacts when you lock up the front end and to be able to bring the bike back into control.

Nov 16, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #38 of 55
Reminds me how I miss riding my motorcycle.
It will still be 4-5 months before its motorcycle season up here in the north.
frown.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #39 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reminds me how I miss riding my motorcycle.
It will still be 4-5 months before its motorcycle season up here in the north.
frown.gif

same here, we generally get around 10-20 hours of sunshine in November...
frown.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #40 of 55
Quote:

same here, we generally get around 10-20 hours of sunshine in November...
frown.gif

Oslo today -> Sun up 8:16am, Sun down 3:47pm
Just 7.5 hours daylight, which get 7 minutes shorter each day until December 21st.
frown.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #43 of 55
Tough call, but I decided to finish off my all MBL rig with the purchase of their reference front end 1622 SACD transport and 1611F DAC instead of getting a Ducati at this time. That will have to wait for another day. Another year, actually. Most likely 2010. I drive my speakers far more often that I'd drive the bike, plus it would compete with the Atom for road and track time when I'm in the US. One day, maybe.

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #45 of 55
Quote:

It was finally sunny out today, so I got to ride my monster around today for a change! hurray!!

So envious, really envious.
Over here its minus 3 degree C, and far from motorcycle season.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back