new dt880s
Jan 25, 2006 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

alex paik

New Head-Fier
so i ordered the new dt880s when meier-audio first had them available.. it's been 3 long weeks but i finally got them.. i got them on friday but havent used them too much since..

i have a 5g ipod and have just found out about the right side headphone blowing or something.. so its got me spooked.. went to radioshack to check it out and the middle ring to tip is .4 mA but the tip to the inner ring is 1.0-1.2 mA.. im not sure if i just used the wrong click, but they only had Volts and mA (milliAmps?).. if anyone in here reading this knows anything about that, let me know..

anyway, the dt880s sound great.. i cant wait to hear them with an amp.. these are my first high end headphone and my first amp is on its way.. just a go-vibe v4 with ad8397..

i was surprised to hear so much music play from the outside.. but when im wearing it, i can barely hear the background noise..

im sorry i couldnt be of much help in giving you guys a good review, but im good for one thing.. pictures..

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

Jan 25, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #3 of 39
Agreed... I still prefer the look of the older one, but the newer doesn't look as bad as I thought. A little less 'serious' and high end, but not bad. The plate with the model number is pretty cool.

Jan 25, 2006 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 39
Problem is ... I think the older ones look better as well. That said, the newer ones are more expensive... so would I rather pay more and get something that doesn't look as good to me, or pay less and get something that I prefer. I think it's a win-win situation for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #7 of 39
Congrats! Don't mind us in the peanut gallery, we'll argue over anything! I just got my DT880s today too. I got the old style, and I think the new style looks very cool!
icon10.gif

Enjoy your DT880s!
eggosmile.gif
WE NEED A DT880 SMILEY.
k1000smile.gif

I read that about the 5g ipods... scary stuff. I have a 4g, maybe I'll wait till 6G to get a 60 GB. (I ran out of space on my 40 GB.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex paik
so i ordered the new dt880s when meier-audio first had them available.. it's been 3 long weeks but i finally got them.. i got them on friday but havent used them too much since..

Jan 25, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #9 of 39
Looks nice....I have the older ones, but if I had the newer ones, I wouldn't complain at all...

Well, how do you like the sound so far?

Jan 25, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #12 of 39
I think the new ones look great! Can't wait to read how they sound.

I wish the pair of Manufactur DT770's I ordered had come...

Jan 25, 2006 at 2:52 PM Post #13 of 39
The new one looks good, but I still prefer the more "professional-looking" older one.

Are there any difference in sound between new and old DT880?

Andrew

Jan 25, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #14 of 39
Congrats and welcome to the hobby!
smily_headphones1.gif
Oh...and I'm sorry about your wallet.

Personally, I find the new one looks a little not so high end looking. It reminds me of the DT440 look, a little cheap looking. Just look wise, I prefer my older looking one. However, soundwise, I'm SURE you are not going to be disappointed. After using my DT880, I'm finding it hard to like other headphones. Just my personal taste, I even prefer the DT880 over my K501..
smily_headphones1.gif

In anycase, enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back