NEW! Denon Music Maniac AH-D340
Feb 6, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #31 of 49
Are these good for pop and rock music out of laptop/phone, or are they too bass light?  What is a good price for these now?

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #33 of 49
For those of you with fit issues, note that on the new denon headphones, the cable is on the Right ear, not the left as in most headphones.

Mar 21, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #34 of 49
Has anyone had a chance to compare these to the Sennheiser Momentum on-ear? 

I'm thinking of selling my ATH-M50 because I never could get comfortable with the clamping force. For travel I'd been using my Denon AH-D1001, but since they've been discontinued, I'm afraid of breaking/losing them, and would prefer to keep them for bedroom use. Their size and comfort are perfect for using while my head is resting on my pillow and reading, and I think their sound is nearly as good as the ATH-M50 and even AH-D2000.

For travel it's between the D340 and Momentum for me.

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #35 of 49
just got a d600- quick comparison. They sound very similar, the d600 has slightly better extension and clarity on low and high end, slightly bigger stage. the d340 is a little more prominent in mids. None of these differences is very big. 

Mar 24, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #38 of 49
  Would this be an upgrade over the M50?

I'm looking at for an accurate presentation with a slight bass bump

more of a side-grade, the denon is clearer, more prominent in mids and highs, the m50 better bass and more. 

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #39 of 49
I've got total buyer's remorse with the D340. I didn't expect the bass to be as good as full-size of course, but overall they sound tinny and awful. It's such a vastly different, and I'm pretty sure inferior sound from the ATH-M50 and D-1001, I'm kind of shocked. 

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #40 of 49
Thread resurrection/
I just browsing the new Denon line and came over this pair. A quick check on Amazon & this pair is only $150 free ship right now. In this price range, is it gonna be a clear winner, given their MSRP is doubled?
I'm really interested in a Denon headphone. Their product have been really amazing in the comfort department and seems to always having an "organic" and natural sound to them, which is a huge win for me

May 1, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #41 of 49

If that's the case, I think you'll probably experience the same with these... (I'm pretty particular about the on-ear headphones too... the only ones that were actually comfortable from the ones I've tried were the Philips Downtowns...).

Being a user of the Philips Uptowns & newly acquired Denon D340's, and having tried on the Downtowns earlier, I'm happy to report that the Denons are very comfortable (my main use is on the Metro, 45 minute daily commute both ways), especially the ear pads, which are extremely soft and don't hurt the ears at all IMO.

So far, fully satisfied..huge bargain for the promotional price being offered here in India.

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #43 of 49

I scored mine for $84.50 (Rs 4990) here in India , for a supra I am more than satisfied , great value 
Rolled off treble and some missing information in the bass , but for the price .....best buy so far ! 

I got them too :)

Aug 8, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #44 of 49
Plz help me to choose one!
sennheiser HD449-------------> (Rs. 4250)
BeyerdynamicsDTX910------> (Rs.4600)
Denon AH D340-------------------> (Rs.5000)(i think its a costly model which is in sale now)
Shure srh440----------------------> (Rs.6100)
sennheiser HD 280 pro -------->(Rs6200)

which one is best?
is denon AHD 340 is better than the rest?
i prefers all type of genres. dont need a boom boom bass(bass should be controlled and tight). Need great mids and highs.better soundstage, details and imaging
i dont have a amp to power it or budget to buy it, so the headphones should be capable of getting driven straight off from my Macbook air

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #45 of 49
  Plz help me to choose one!
sennheiser HD449-------------> (Rs. 4250)
BeyerdynamicsDTX910------> (Rs.4600)
Denon AH D340-------------------> (Rs.5000)(i think its a costly model which is in sale now)
Shure srh440----------------------> (Rs.6100)
sennheiser HD 280 pro -------->(Rs6200)

which one is best?
is denon AHD 340 is better than the rest?
i prefers all type of genres. dont need a boom boom bass(bass should be controlled and tight). Need great mids and highs.better soundstage, details and imaging
i dont have a amp to power it or budget to buy it, so the headphones should be capable of getting driven straight off from my Macbook air

Hey Ganesh.
The D340 is a clear winner out of all those headphones. not even in the same league. for 5K  - they are almost a steal. The mrp on them is 350$. I would say go for them . I picked them up from Croma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back