New denafrips DDC (Iris and Gaia)
Oct 10, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #347 of 760
Hi guys, I wanted to share my experience with the Pontus II and the DDC IRIS.
I wanted to listen to the reviews about the Pontus II - Iris pairing and I must say that, by connecting the two devices with i2s, the difference is considerable. Everything is more focused, better details, deep and intelligible dry bass, clearer mids and wonderful highs.
The pontus has made a significant leap in quality, I am extremely happy.
Highly recommended as long as you connect with i2s.

Nov 5, 2021 at 2:34 AM Post #351 of 760
Hi everyone.

A bit out of headfi topic but should be the same thing as source. (Hifi related)

I currently have: mi box s>topping d70s>smsl da9>triangle br03.

I'm planning to get the Iris to add to the system as i think the mi box bottleneck the overall system. Unfortunately, i do need a streamer like mi box which can play netflix YouTube etc together with music. Though mi box seems a bit bottlenecking and it also upsample everything to 96khz via USB.

Will i improve the SQ wise with Iris?
Mi box s>denafrips iris>topping d70s>smsl da9>triangle br03

Dec 5, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #352 of 760
I have a Gaia loaner for a review.
Allo Digione Signature->Gaia->I2S->Venus II , I am pretty speechless....
Tempted to purchase a Gaia before Vinshine Audio raises the price of their products. Currently have a Venus II & Burson Soloist GT amp. After watching Hans Beekhuyzens review, the temptation is worse now lol. May just give myself an early Christmas present.

Dec 5, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #354 of 760
Hi
I am interested to purchase an IRIS to improve the signal into my Ares. However. IRIS has only a USB input which is a problem because I am using Bluesound node 2i as a streamer. Is there any solution?
Thanks

Dec 5, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #355 of 760
Tempted to purchase a Gaia before Vinshine Audio raises the price of their products. Currently have a Venus II & Burson Soloist GT amp. After watching Hans Beekhuyzens review, the temptation is worse now lol. May just give myself an early Christmas present.
Bad news, they have already raised their prices.
You have a few days left to place your order.
https://www.vinshineaudio.com/so/a6NrpdUAZ#/main

Dec 5, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #356 of 760
Hi
I am interested to purchase an IRIS to improve the signal into my Ares. However. IRIS has only a USB input which is a problem because I am using Bluesound node 2i as a streamer. Is there any solution?
Thanks

Yes, spend more money. :beyersmile:

But seriously, IMO you would be better off spending money on moving up to a better Denafrips DAC then getting a DDC at this point. If you want a DDC you should have a DAC with I2S input.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #357 of 760
Yes, spend more money. :beyersmile:

But seriously, IMO you would be better off spending money on moving up to a better Denafrips DAC then getting a DDC at this point. If you want a DDC you should have a DAC with I2S input.
Ok, but if I assume that I have a Pontus, how can I connect the node 2i to an Iris? Gaia is way too expensive for me

Dec 5, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #358 of 760
If you have a Pontus maybe you aren't in as big a hurry to upgrade. And if you do I suggest a Hermes rather than a Gaia. But, this is just my opinion. As you say, you don't really have a good option now except to convert the Node coax output to USB and then connect the Iris to Ares with e.g. AES/EBU. Which seems like a lot of work (and money) for small payoff in SQ. Or get a different steamer with USB output.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #359 of 760
It is a nice upgrade, and you might as well get it before the price goes up....
Just purchased one on US AudioMart used, along w/ a Tubulus Concentus i2s cable. Managed to stay below a retail Gaia from Vinshine. Can’t wait to share impressions once it arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back