New Dali iO-12 ANC Headphones – Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2023 at 1:34 AM Post #151 of 1,169
quality control, specifically in the PX8, is a concern
Do you have access to customer complaints statistics so that you can say that any of the headphones you mention are better, worse or similar to its competition in this regard?
All of the headphones you mention have reports in their respective threads about one or a small number of users having issues of some kind. None of them really sticks out as very concerning or frequent to me.

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #152 of 1,169
Do you have access to customer complaints statistics so that you can say that any of the headphones you mention are better, worse or similar to its competition in this regard?

I specifically speaking in my previous post about the numerous reports in the px8 thread. And in that thread, even some px8 fans, responding to you several times because EVERY single time you come defending the px8 when numerous people mentioning the headband problem, and some even calling you a px8 fanboy because you often putting the blame in the customer and not the poor quality control of the product.

All of the headphones you mention have reports in their respective threads about one or a small number of users having issues of some kind. None of them really sticks out as very concerning or frequent to me.

The h95 and 5909, like I saying before, have very many less reports of headband problems, but PLEASE continue, like in the px8 thread, with your multiple excuses for defending the indefensible.

Do you know, by the way, that you are the only person in this thread, who don't own the iO-12 and only trying in a shop, that is posting continuously in this thread ---16 posts in just 4 days--- and is speaking about headphones that you never owning or possibly even trying?

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #155 of 1,169
The h95 and 5909, like I saying before, have very many less reports of headband problems,
Maybe. We dont know that.
One quick look in the H95 thread suggests that many buyers of that headphone get to deal with lose and rattling dials instead. I dont think that is common either, all I am saying is that you cannot draw any conclusions at all from the few anecdotes you read here.

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #156 of 1,169
nope, that is only you man.

No, I'm not the only one. One German head-fier calling you a fanboy only 4 days ago (see the post below) for your multiple replies to his concerns. And in the last year I can thinking maybe other 2 or 3 people calling you the same too.

You're just talking and making assumptions. The leather on my first PX8 and the replacement unit also came off. B&W's service is also rather poor!

So apparently this seems to happen quite often!

I understand that you are a fan boy but respect the other people!

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #157 of 1,169
No, I'm not the only one. One German head-fier calling a fanboy only 4 days ago (see the post below) for your multiple replies to his concerns. And in the last year I can thinking maybe other 2 or 3 people calling you the same too.
Dude. I am impressed. You still frequency the PX8 thread. It and I must live rent free in your head. While enjoying the gorgeous PX8 😂

Lets hope your new Dalis hold up well so we dont need to hear about it here.

Nov 27, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #158 of 1,169
Multipoint connection isn't working well with the io-12 for me. Is erratic. I'm using iPhone 15 Pro (iOS 17.1) and 16" 2021 MacBook Pro (Sonoma macOS 14.1), both devices with the more recent firmware updates.

Connection to both devices is very, very quick when you first switching on the headphone. BUT after you pause first device and play the second device, the music is playing fine and very quickly in second device, BUT when you want pausing or playing or playing next/previous track from the headphone controls in the second device, the device isn't responding anymore BUT you can looking at the first device and seeing that is pausing or playing or playing next/previous track but with no sound (the volume control is always working fine in the 2 devices, by the way). So, you must doing all this actions manually directly in the second device's playback functions or use ONLY one device for things becoming normal operation from the headphone.

This happening equally if I starting using my iPhone and then going to my MBP, or if I starting with my MBP and then going to my iPhone, always the second device will playing quickly after switching but then not pausing or playing or playing next/previous track from the headphone, only using the second device's playback controls.

Good news!

Multipoint connection is working fine, and I only discovering this by chance after thinking that I must waiting for possible future firmware update for Dali fixing this.

Anyway, the very short story (if you reading my previous experience in my post of 20 days ago) is that you must actually waiting 5-6 seconds for the playback controls working perfectly in the second device. The change to second device is instantaneous (when only pressing "play"), BUT for more actions of playback controls you must waiting 5-6 seconds. After this, all is normal in second device.

Nov 27, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #159 of 1,169
Good news!

Multipoint connection is working fine, and I only discovering this by chance after thinking that I must waiting for possible future firmware update for Dali fixing this.

Anyway, the very short story (if you reading my previous experience in my post of 20 days ago) is that you must actually waiting 5-6 seconds for the playback controls working perfectly in the second device. The change to second device is instantaneous (when only pressing "play"), BUT for more actions of playback controls you must waiting 5-6 seconds. After this, all is normal in second device.
In any case, waiting 5 to 6 seconds for waiting to have multipoint connection fully operational, seems to be a bug, that needs to be fixed. With PX8, thanks to the app, you can immediately switch with all operational and you even have a list of the last five connected devices available. I usually have four potential devices (Fiio Player, PC, Smartphone, and Tablet on one location at home, which potentially will be connected to the PX8.

Nov 27, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #160 of 1,169
In any case, waiting 5 to 6 seconds for waiting to have multipoint connection fully operational, seems to be a bug, that needs to be fixed. With PX8, thanks to the app, you can immediately switch with all operational and you even have a list of the last five connected devices available. I usually have four potential devices (Fiio Player, PC, Smartphone, and Tablet on one location at home, which potentially will be connected to the PX8.
There are many headphones that do this well. PX8 is excellent. Some Sonys too. Probably others.

But this is not why you buy the IO-12.

The first premium ANC headphone that comes with good portability (PX8 and H95 do), good features (several do) and brilliant ANC (none have it) is going to be a clear buy.

Nov 27, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #161 of 1,169
There are many headphones that do this well. PX8 is excellent. Some Sonys too. Probably others.

But this is not why you buy the IO-12.

The first premium ANC headphone that comes with good portability (PX8 and H95 do), good features (several do) and brilliant ANC (none have it) is going to be a clear buy.
I am convinced that is going to be solved way more by software rather than hardware moving forward. I mean, look at what the AirPods Pro 2 do in such a small form factor. Fit and finish will have to be up to par but seeing as how the PX8's had a firmware update that to me dramatically improved the sound, tells me that the future is software, no matter how much we Hi-Fi nerds want it to be otherwise.

Nov 27, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #162 of 1,169

No, isn't a bug. In the Solitaire T (after one year) and ML 5909 (after 1,5 years), and I think the Bathys too (after one year), you must still waiting 5-6 seconds too, but they (at least ST and 5909, can't remember well Bathys) don't connecting to second device instantly like the iO-12. And yes, when I owning the px8, I mentioning that one good aspect is that multipoint is excellent.

Of the top of line ANC headphones (Solitaire T, iO-12, 5909 & Bathys), the Solitaire T having more positive points, in my opinion: Great sound, excellent true portability and the best ANC (possibly because is have the best passive isolation too) that, at least in airplanes, competing incredibly well with the APP2's excellent ANC (I comparing directly in 3 flights).

Nov 27, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #163 of 1,169
Is a pity that a true excellent (ANC) headphone like the iO-12 isn't having more proper good contributions in this thread in the last 24 days from people that actually know about good sound and that owning this headphone or doing genuine correct testing of the iO-12, or people asking genuine relevant questions or contributing useful information.

After 12 pages, sadly we already having sufficient pollution / trolling and already many useless posts that don't really helping people making a good purchasing decision. This never happening in the Solitaire T or ML 5909 threads, and don't happening very much in the two Bathys threads. This is exactly how some threads have hundreds of pages with extremely high number of completely irrelevant posts.

I hope things changing quickly, but I'm doubting very much that this will happening. Is looking now like this will becoming a very long thread with totally meaningless and useless posts.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #164 of 1,169
Is a pity that a true excellent (ANC) headphone like the iO-12 isn't having more proper good contributions in this thread in the last 24 days from people that actually know about good sound
If you want to see less bickering/squabbling going on, might be a good idea to avoid using passive aggressive turns of phrase like the above? Reads like you're trying to snipe at specific posters.

Nov 27, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #165 of 1,169
If you want to see less bickering/squabbling going on, might be a good idea to avoid using passive aggressive turns of phrase like the above? Reads like you're trying to snipe at specific posters.

I think even our good friend Kendall Roy will be agreeing 99.9% with my post, or maybe 100% after seeing this totally statistically normal reaction (see screenshot).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 18.47.48.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 18.47.48.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back