New Dali iO-12 ANC Headphones – Impressions Thread
Mar 13, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #826 of 1,210
I was ready to pull the trigger on Dali but I'm a bit confused now with the volume.
Very confused.
What do you mean, cannot be adjusted???
You mean, no volume buttons on the headphones?
You can adjust the volume from the mobile phone, tablet, whatever.
Thank you, again, aaronjensen

Mar 13, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #827 of 1,210
I was ready to pull the trigger on Dali but I'm a bit confused now with the volume.
Very confused.
What do you mean, cannot be adjusted???
You mean, no volume buttons on the headphones?
You can adjust the volume from the mobile phone, tablet, whatever.
Thank you, again, aaronjensen
I believe he’s only speaking to the volume being at one level during a Microsoft teams call. During regular use it’s fine, you can adjust it like any other headphone.

Mar 13, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #830 of 1,210
Okay guys, thanks a million for your help
I'll order it and see how it works.
I hope, Dali sounds louder than the Solitaire ( at same volume level)

Thank you

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #831 of 1,210
I hope, Dali sounds louder than the Solitaire ( at same volume level)

Yes, the iO-12 is have more maximum volume for music than the Solitaire T -- the difference is VERY obvious. I owning both headphones at the same time so I can confirming this. Also, you have very better volume control with the iO-12.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #832 of 1,210
Just received mine today and I'm overall impressed with comfort, sound quality and ease of use. Doesn't bother me there's no app.

Is dark chocolate the only colour available at the moment?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #833 of 1,210
Is dark chocolate the only colour available at the moment?

Yes, is the only colour. But the great news is that "dark chocolate" is the very more cool and fashionable colour of this decade.

Mar 14, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #835 of 1,210
Yes, is the only colour. But the great news is that "dark chocolate" is the very more cool and fashionable colour of this decade.

They are beautiful looking.

Also, just want to thank you and others here for your detailed posts which helped me make an informed decision when buying these headphones and the ML 5909 previously.

Mar 14, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #836 of 1,210
What do you mean " volume is fixed " ?

Fixed, as in, cannot be adjusted. It was too loud for calls for me (someone else mentions the same a couple pages back). They may fix this in firmware.

I believe he’s only speaking to the volume being at one level during a Microsoft teams call. During regular use it’s fine, you can adjust it like any other headphone.

Right. Teams or any other call. Phone, zoom, whatever.
Yes, exactly. My report was about their performance and limitations during calls. None of these issues apply to music reproduction mode.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #838 of 1,210
Yes, exactly. My report was about their performance and limitations during calls. None of these issues apply to music reproduction mode.

Yes, I also noticed issued with the IO-12 on Windows and with Teams. Initially I suspected the IO-12 to report misleading Bluetooth information, hence the Teams on Windows problems (for instance it starts at max volume, and you can only attenuate from the control panel mixer). But it works fine with the web app and from Linux, so I think M$ Teams has its part, too, though only with the IO-12 so far (my Sony and Bose work headphones don't have any issues).
I reported the weird Teams anomalies to Microsoft, as on their side there seems to be an automatic compensation for what appears to be a microphonic overdrive effect with the Dali's mike, and there seems to be a clash between what Teams does with audio policy and what Windows system does. Please check in Teams (on Windows): if you use the IO-12 only as headphones, and use another microphone than the internal one in the Dali, does this still appear to be a problem?

Mar 14, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #839 of 1,210
Please check in Teams (on Windows): if you use the IO-12 only as headphones, and use another microphone than the internal one in the Dali, does this still appear to be a problem?
I'm pretty sure there won't be any issue in such a setup, because in this case iO-12 won't enter headset mode (HFP).
for instance it starts at max volume
For me it deffo was less than max. As I normally listen at around 45%, during the call it must be something like 70-75% by feel -- something noticeably louder than I used to but not destroying my ears for sure. But take my words with a pinch of salt, because I didn't like the headset side of iO-12 so that experience was short to not spoil my work :)

Mar 15, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #840 of 1,210
I received the Dali IO 12, didn't have much time for testing, but I can say, they sounds absolutely amazing, I like it more than the Bathys
I'll keep testing it.
Thank you, guys, for your help and advices
Question : Do I need to update the firmware ( on PC )?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back