New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Apr 22, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #1,217 of 1,401
Save yourself some time and get an ASG-2 for bass. No more need to look for a comfortable iem either since the concept for how they shaped the monitors is similar to what InEar did. And as everyone keeps saying, just keep saving. One really good monitor is better than taking a chance on one you dont.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #1,218 of 1,401
Save yourself some time and get an ASG-2 for bass. No more need to look for a comfortable iem either since the concept for how they shaped the monitors is similar to what InEar did. And as everyone keeps saying, just keep saving. One really good monitor is better than taking a chance on one you dont.

No regret! Love the bass in ASG2.

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #1,219 of 1,401
Thanks for all the comments and recommendations, but I think some of you are missing the point. I can't afford anything at the moment over sd-1. I agree that I should save up, because sd-2 is a good value; however, if I choose to save up, then I will get the sd-2. The sd-2 is already beyond my price point. The other recommendations are way over the sd-2 price. 

I still appreciate the recommendations. I will try and save up for sd-2 at this point.

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #1,220 of 1,401
  Hello,

Do you think the SD-2 should fit in my ears (see pictures) or it would be better to take the smaller version ? 
(Sorry for the quality of the photo, isn't that easy to take this picture alone with an old smartphone)

These are [cm] on the ruler

I ask my mother to loan me her IEM to take this picture with the Samsung IEM so you can have maybe a better idea of the size of my ear for my question.

Thanks

(Post already posted in an other thread but it wasn't the correct to ask this reason why I'm doubling the post here.)

get the smaller version..
the one with the 'S': SD2s, SD3s or SD4s..
i also have small ears and i have before the SD2..
it fits snug but fatiguing for long listening..
i sold it and bought the SD4s...
the fit that I wanted.. :)

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #1,221 of 1,401
Theres an ASG-2 in the fs forum for 350..

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #1,222 of 1,401
hmmm BA bass over powering? Any thoughts on the z5 bass? if you've tried it 

I find the bass of sd3 over powering.

I'm pretty much sensitive to bass now cos of my ex1000. Yet I have no qualms with the SD3 bass. It's done almost to perfection.

I've heard Z5 too. It was drowning in bass. To the point that they become unlistenable. I was so pissed with the tuning to the point when I got to meet one of the Sony engineers, I complained about it to him and asked why they did not stick to a more neutral setting. His reply was that sony was trying to apeal to a larger audience. I don't even think that larger audience he speaks of would actually buy the Z5...

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #1,223 of 1,401
I'm pretty much sensitive to bass now cos of my ex1000. Yet I have no qualms with the SD3 bass. It's done almost to perfection.

I've heard Z5 too. It was drowning in bass. To the point that they become unlistenable. I was so pissed with the tuning to the point when I got to meet one of the Sony engineers, I complained about it to him and asked why they did not stick to a more neutral setting. His reply was that sony was trying to apeal to a larger audience. I don't even think that larger audience he speaks of would actually buy the Z5...
1plus2 spoiled my ears,maybe that's the reason why i find it overpowering.i got use on 1plus2 bass quality before bought sd3.:wink:

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #1,224 of 1,401
get the smaller version..
the one with the 'S': SD2s, SD3s or SD4s..
i also have small ears and i have before the SD2..
it fits snug but fatiguing for long listening..
i sold it and bought the SD4s...
the fit that I wanted.. :)

Unfortunately I followed the precedent advice and ordered the normal version that has been sent in the meantime I got the answer from inear directly and they also told me to take the small veraion...
Hope the normal will fit because otherwise I'll have to pay the taxes two times... :frowning2:

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #1,226 of 1,401
I am glad that I don't have any fit issues at all with the SD-2 (yep, you are seeing the SD-2, not the SD-2S).
There's much space left in my concha and the SD-2 looks so small next to my customs. 
etysmile.gif

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #1,227 of 1,401
Yep,

I just hope the Sd-2 would fit because I read the Swiss obligation code section about professional -> person contract / sell completely and the customs article 18.86 about importation of goods and the procedure would cost me more than I actually would be reimbursed for the administration taxes and VAT so I'll end up in the best case with 55 $ in the teeth if I have to order again for the SD-2s ( Seriously, closed  customs and Schengen accepted -_- ) ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back