New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Apr 15, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #1,187 of 1,401
Took the cable out and it's still there. It's nothing to do with the source as it happens when plugged into nothing (housing only) which means it has to be a hardware issue, maybe a coil of wire loose?

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #1,191 of 1,401
Is stagediver sd-1s worth it?

I only know SD-2, but based on what I read, I imagine that SD-1(s) should be some of the very best affordable universals if you're after great comfort combined with neutral sound (and have small ears for the s version). I couldn't find any usable review, though. They seem to be vastly ignored by the head-fi community.

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #1,192 of 1,401
Hello,

Do you think the SD-2 should fit in my ears (see pictures) or it would be better to take the smaller version ? 
(Sorry for the quality of the photo, isn't that easy to take this picture alone with an old smartphone)

These are [cm] on the ruler

I ask my mother to loan me her IEM to take this picture with the Samsung IEM so you can have maybe a better idea of the size of my ear for my question.

Thanks

(Post already posted in an other thread but it wasn't the correct to ask this reason why I'm doubling the post here.)

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #1,193 of 1,401
  Hello,

Do you think the SD-2 should fit in my ears (see pictures) or it would be better to take the smaller version ? 
(Sorry for the quality of the photo, isn't that easy to take this picture alone with an old smartphone)

These are [cm] on the ruler

I ask my mother to loan me her IEM to take this picture with the Samsung IEM so you can have maybe a better idea of the size of my ear for my question.

Thanks

(Post already posted in an other thread but it wasn't the correct to ask this reason why I'm doubling the post here.)

I have just measured the SD-3 that i have and by taking the rough measurements you gave, they should fit nicely. This is assuming the sd-2 is the same size as the sd-3 which i think is correct.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #1,195 of 1,401
I only know SD-2, but based on what I read, I imagine that SD-1(s) should be some of the very best affordable universals if you're after great comfort combined with neutral sound (and have small ears for the s version). I couldn't find any usable review, though. They seem to be vastly ignored by the head-fi community.

Unfortunately so. I don't know how they sound, but i love the look of them, and I hear they fit very comfortably. I can't afford anything over the sd-1.

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #1,196 of 1,401
  Unfortunately so. I don't know how they sound, but i love the look of them, and I hear they fit very comfortably. I can't afford anything over the sd-1.

I had assumed that was your reason. To be honest, I think its better just saving a little bit more for the SD-2. You're already 3/4 of the way there anyway and if you're going to use it for a while, it will be worth it. I haven't tried the SD-1 yet but I think there's only so much a single BA can do for sound and that two BA's is the starting point for a sweet spot in price and value. SD-2 is a bit warm sounding so I am guessing the SD-1 would sound a bit thinner and lack some bass. Also, based on your response, it seems that one of your main reasons for trying to get the SD-1 is for the look and fit. If that is the case, I wouldn't take the chance to get an IEM you've never heard or seen described, especially if you are going to be spending your current maximum limit. Sound should go over looks in my opinion and other small iems should be almost equally as comfortable.You should ask yourself what your preferred sound signature is, not what is the most comfortable IEM to get (based on your other forum posts) otherwise you might regret it no matter how comfortable you think they are.

Apr 20, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #1,197 of 1,401
  I had assumed that was your reason. To be honest, I think its better just saving a little bit more for the SD-2. You're already 3/4 of the way there anyway and if you're going to use it for a while, it will be worth it. I haven't tried the SD-1 yet but I think there's only so much a single BA can do for sound and that two BA's is the starting point for a sweet spot in price and value. SD-2 is a bit warm sounding so I am guessing the SD-1 would sound a bit thinner and lack some bass. Also, based on your response, it seems that one of your main reasons for trying to get the SD-1 is for the look and fit. If that is the case, I wouldn't take the chance to get an IEM you've never heard or seen described, especially if you are going to be spending your current maximum limit. Sound should go over looks in my opinion and other small iems should be almost equally as comfortable.You should ask yourself what your preferred sound signature is, not what is the most comfortable IEM to get (based on your other forum posts) otherwise you might regret it no matter how comfortable you think they are.

I agree with you. Especially cause $250 is a lot of money for a single BA. For now I will purchase the se215 SpEd, unless I decide to keep the t10i. Thanks for your response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back