New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Feb 5, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #1,072 of 1,401
SD-4, Velvet, ASG-1Plus. I want to stick on SD-2s, but too many enemies 
ph34r.gif

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #1,073 of 1,401
  any word on the sd-4 ? impressions? I have written to them for a review sample as I hope to do a shootout between them and other quad iems like W40 or se846

SD4 sounds very very smooth, very suitable for piano pieces and sounds very good for vocals. very melodious and keeps me very engaged to the singer's voice. but treble needs abit of improvement. probably needs a silver cable to bring out more potential. overall not too bad, fitting is great, compared to se846.. side grade from se846 but i feel that its an upgrade from w40..

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #1,075 of 1,401
While I no longer own my SD2, I did have a silver cable along with several other cables. I really didn't notice a significant sonic difference due to rolling cables. Some were more comfortable than others, but that is about it.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #1,076 of 1,401
I think tip rolling may yield better taming of the treble. I know the westone star tips on the se846 made the iem sooo much nicer to listen to compared to the shure pinhole tips 

Feb 6, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #1,077 of 1,401
I recently purchased a minty SD-3 and the bass is phenomenal - the treble is a bit laid back - I have a silver cable and it brought it up a bit - it likes good recordings though. The fit is like a custom - I get a seal that isolates brilliantly. They also like wide bore silicone - with the way they are built and the way the nozzle is placed right inside the canal, I am able to use smaller tips. Foam isn't needed (for me) The fit is brilliant for a universal.

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #1,078 of 1,401
  I recently purchased a minty SD-3 and the bass is phenomenal - the treble is a bit laid back - I have a silver cable and it brought it up a bit - it likes good recordings though. The fit is like a custom - I get a seal that isolates brilliantly. They also like wide bore silicone - with the way they are built and the way the nozzle is placed right inside the canal, I am able to use smaller tips. Foam isn't needed (for me) The fit is brilliant for a universal.

Of all the IEMs and CIEMs you've heard, what does the SD-3 come closest to in sound? I just got mine in the mail today and am loving it. I sold my W4R to fund this purchase, I needed more bass and that's exactly what I got. I'm really happy with these so far, especially out of your old ALO The International :wink:

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #1,079 of 1,401
  Of all the IEMs and CIEMs you've heard, what does the SD-3 come closest to in sound? I just got mine in the mail today and am loving it. I sold my W4R to fund this purchase, I needed more bass and that's exactly what I got. I'm really happy with these so far, especially out of your old ALO The International :wink:

The ALO house sound really works with the SD-3, doesn't it. Sounds big, really big and enveloping. Musical and lush - not thick, but spacious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back