New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Feb 27, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #1,097 of 1,401

SD4 sounds very very smooth, very suitable for piano pieces and sounds very good for vocals. very melodious and keeps me very engaged to the singer's voice. but treble needs abit of improvement. probably needs a silver cable to bring out more potential. overall not too bad, fitting is great, compared to se846.. side grade from se846 but i feel that its an upgrade from w40..

As side grade as you say from the se846, how does the mid centric nature of the se846 compare to the more shallow v shape of the SD-4 for classical, or electronica? Just trying to better understand how shallow V compares to mid centric sound. Though I also know the se846 has good bass. 

Feb 28, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #1,098 of 1,401
I just bought SD-2 from Thomann and I like listening to hard rock, metal, heavy metal etc. 
I will use them with AK 100 II. Would that be good? 
biggrin.gif

Thanks.

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #1,102 of 1,401
I'm a big fan of InEar StageDiver 2 (SD2). I've compared them to SD3, SD4, CypherLabs C6IEM, FitEar ToGo334 and still prefer SD2 for it's neutrality or balanced sound. IMHO, it has a really great price-performance ratio. It also really comfortable in my ears. It sits really well I don't need to worry if it will change position if I move my head.

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #1,103 of 1,401
I'm a big fan of InEar StageDiver 2 (SD2). I've compared them to SD3, SD4, CypherLabs C6IEM, FitEar ToGo334 and still prefer SD2 for it's neutrality or balanced sound. IMHO, it has a really great price-performance ratio. It also really comfortable in my ears. It sits really well I don't need to worry if it will change position if I move my head.
Could you give some elements of comparison with SD4 please?

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #1,104 of 1,401

To be honest, I'm not really good at explaining impressions. Somehow I feel the bass on SD4 is still too much for my taste and it slightly affects the mid section. I feel the SD2's mids are more forward. But, please note that the SD4 demo unit is really brand new and might not have a proper burn in period yet.

I've read several comments that I tend to agree with.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/740173/review-inear-stagediver-3-the-sd-2s-bassier-triple-driver-universal-iem

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/multiple-high-end-iem-impressions-wot-4914675.html

Mar 1, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #1,106 of 1,401

To be honest I'm not really good at writing impressions. I feel the SD4 bass is still too much and affecting the mids a little bit. However, please note that the SD4 demo unit is brand new and might not have proper burn in period yet. I agree with several comparisons made by other members in this forum (SD2 vs SD3 vs SD4). I tried to post links earlier but I guess I'm not allowed yet.

And at that price range (MSRP 679 Euro) you can have many options.

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #1,108 of 1,401
How does the SD2 compare to either the se846 or ASG2?
smily_headphones1.gif

The SE846 wins in terms of clarity and resolution and has got a much tighter bass than the SD2 (for a BA based IEM, the SD2s bass is pretty lose and not precise - you can definitely hear that when listening to moderately fast to fast songs).
Both have got emphasized bass. Whereas the SD2's bass is evenly (gently) emphasized and shines a little into the lower mids, the Shure's bass is more emphasized and rises towards the sub-bass where it reaches its climax.
Both IEMs have got about the same treble extension with a rolloff about above 10kHz.

The SD2 has got a wider soundstage that also has got more deptht. Overall 3-dimensional presentation is better on the SD2 with a feeling of being on sthe stage.
Instrument display precision is better on the Shure but it lacks of the SD2's big holographic stage.

The SD2 sounds more authentic and is a great IEM for Acoustic music, Singer-Songwriter stuff, Jazz and other music that is rather slow.
With fast music, the SD2 loses a lot of precision and its stage starts collapsing, not to mention that the low frequencies start to lose precision.

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #1,110 of 1,401
The SE846 wins in terms of clarity and resolution and has got a much tighter bass than the SD2 (for a BA based IEM, the SD2s bass is pretty lose and not precise - you can definitely hear that when listening to moderately fast to fast songs).
Both have got emphasized bass. Whereas the SD2's bass is evenly (gently) emphasized and shines a little into the lower mids, the Shure's bass is more emphasized and rises towards the sub-bass where it reaches its climax.
Both IEMs have got about the same treble extension with a rolloff about above 10kHz.

The SD2 has got a wider soundstage that also has got more deptht. Overall 3-dimensional presentation is better on the SD2 with a feeling of being on sthe stage.
Instrument display precision is better on the Shure but it lacks of the SD2's big holographic stage.

The SD2 sounds more authentic and is a great IEM for Acoustic music, Singer-Songwriter stuff, Jazz and other music that is rather slow.
With fast music, the SD2 loses a lot of precision and its stage starts collapsing, not to mention that the low frequencies start to lose precision.

Thanks for the fantastic write up!! Very precise comparison. Will the SD2 be a good complement to 846 in your opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back