New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Apr 13, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #17 of 1,401
me too. some on hifi-forum.de listened to the stagediver series at the hifi-show last week and recommend them highly. they are one of the few universals that have real crossovers built in, with the same technical standard like in custom iem. most universals like westones have crossovers built in, that are not even worth the name crossover. just because their housing is to small. not so with the stagedivers. cannot wait until i get a listen on them...

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #18 of 1,401
Build quality is amazing. The cable is great too and has a very secure socket. Trust me, right now there is no competition concerning build quality in any universal IEM. Looks are elegant too.

Apr 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #19 of 1,401
too bad, they will not be at the high end in munich.
frown.gif

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #20 of 1,401
I have listened to the stage diver 2 and 3 and they have a new fan. The small one is a neutral clean sounding iem in the class of the UE 900 even though it has only 2 drivers. But its soundstage is lacking and it is not on par with custom iem.

But the 3 way blew me away. Huge depth and good width ( bit smaller than westone 4), high resolution and deep bass, that could be a hint dryer. It reminds me soundwize of the jh16 but the highs are a bit tamer. The other custom it reminded me is the Compact Monitors Stage 4. It is great for rock and pop music.

A really amazing universal andthough not perfect, hands down the best I have ever heard.

Apr 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #21 of 1,401
What did you think of the resolution? I was convinced to hear finer details with the SD3 compared to SD2 but their engineer told me that it's impossible and they should have exactly the same mids and highs.

I spent over one hour at their booth just checking out these two models and I still have it stuck in my head, that SD3 not only has a bigger soundstage and more powerful bass but actually has better highs too. I noticed a slight harshness in the highs of SD2.

Maybe it's because the demos were not the 100% final products, although the final build is already done. First batch is sold out, unfortunately, and we can expect to receive our orders by June.

Apr 15, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #26 of 1,401
hows comfort?
it has the bump on top like the aurisonics but they eventually removed it as it was either a good or bad fit

The comfort is great, even though I have small ears, they fitted nice. I talked to the chief developer at the fair, and he said after several hundreds testet it their he haid only a handful women with too small ears, that could not find a decent fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back