New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Aug 16, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #226 of 4,065
I think Custom Art is a great choice for the money. I don't know any other company that can do 3 driver silicon ciem for ~€300.

I'd like like to hear more comparisons between those two after you've had more time to spend with them.  I've been wanting to try a silicone CIEM and not go so crazy in spending.

Aug 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #227 of 4,065
I've been listening to Pro330 quite a lot since yesterday. It's been quite a ride. Talk about unforgiving, the Pro330 takes it to another level. My SE5 is very very detailed, more than 330 but not as revealing. I know it sounds crazy.. How can more detail but less revealing? I have no idea how.
I can still listen to Van Halen - A Different Kind Of Truth with SE5 and still enjoy it. The Pro330 reveals how bad the mastering was.. Bass sounds boomy, bleed like hell to mid. I think it has the most monitoring quality compared to all ciem I had and still have. One more bad mastering album is Mr. Big - Bump Ahead, the whole album sounds like Billy Sheehan playing solo all over the place.

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #228 of 4,065
I've been listening to Pro330 quite a lot since yesterday. It's been quite a ride. Talk about unforgiving, the Pro330 takes it to another level. My SE5 is very very detailed, more than 330 but not as revealing. I know it sounds crazy.. How can more detail but less revealing? I have no idea how.
I can still listen to Van Halen - A Different Kind Of Truth with SE5 and still enjoy it. The Pro330 reveals how bad the mastering was.. Bass sounds boomy, bleed like hell to mid. I think it has the most monitoring quality compared to all ciem I had and still have. One more bad mastering album is Mr. Big - Bump Ahead, the whole album sounds like Billy Sheehan playing solo all over the place.

Same here, i was very surprised how more unforgiving it is compared to my custom shure se530 x8......
But when you have a good recording it rocks!

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #229 of 4,065

That VH album is pretty bad mastering. So even though the pro330 reveal the flaws of that album more so, is the bass quantity of the pro330 similar in quantity to the SE5 or obviously more or less?

Thanks for your updates and descriptions.

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #230 of 4,065
Kind of the same, but it bleeds to the mids. The whole album dominated by bass and drum. I guess it's a typical stupid modern mastering. I also got the David Lee Roth era VH in 24/192. Those albums sounds really good with Pro330.

For anyone that is curious, no the Pro330 does not beat SE5 in details and sound reproduction (I guess money talks..). But Pro330 is still a great monitor and for sure can compete with any ~€600 plus iems. For now, I prefer the Pro330 more than my Miracle because of comfort and sound signature.

That VH album is pretty bad mastering. So even though the pro330 reveal the flaws of that album more so, is the bass quantity of the pro330 similar in quantity to the SE5 or obviously more or less?

Thanks for your updates and descriptions.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #231 of 4,065
Quote:
Kind of the same, but it bleeds to the mids. The whole album dominated by bass and drum. I guess it's a typical stupid modern mastering. I also got the David Lee Roth era VH in 24/192. Those albums sounds really good with Pro330.

For anyone that is curious, no the Pro330 does not beat SE5 in details and sound reproduction (I guess money talks..). But Pro330 is still a great monitor and for sure can compete with any ~€600 plus iems. For now, I prefer the Pro330 more than my Miracle because of comfort and sound signature.

Wow, those are wonderful thoughts and impressions.

Hey piotrus, I just purchased SE5way and have been enjoying it like mad since I bought it. I really like the silicone earpieces as for the comfort and isolation. I am not sure I would want to try acrylic ones from now on. What I want to say is, if you find out a detachable cable system like Spiral Ear or in your own way, you might gain more customers. I admit, that is the only thing in my mind. Don't take this seriously or personally but, as we all know, c/iem cables die. When they are dead, I would like to be able to change them with the aftermarket ones as the way I want.

First time I read about your company from AJ, I was interested. I keep on following and I honestly like what I am reading so far. I also read that you have more plans for future. So take my word as a simple head-fier, I am patiently waiting for your future plans.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #232 of 4,065
Hey Amber, I'll be working on it soon, but no release date at this point. I totally understand the need for it, but it's not something you do over night. Technology had to be proved to be reliable. More than changing a jack plug which is 15 min task, you don't want to pull the cable with the socket out of your IEM.

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #233 of 4,065
Quote:
Hey Amber, I'll be working on it soon, but no release date at this point. I totally understand the need for it, but it's not something you do over night. Technology had to be proved to be reliable. More than changing a jack plug which is 15 min task, you don't want to pull the cable with the socket out of your IEM.

I totally understand it, no worries. Just keep up being awesome and making wonderful ciems
wink.gif

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #234 of 4,065
@jazzyfi- have you tried it with your Tera player? If so how is the match?

Also curious about over all tonality. Do cymbals sound brassy or steely? How is distortion guitar crunch? Does it have nice bite or is it smoothed over a bit.

Sorry to pepper you wih all the questions, but thank you for your responses!

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #235 of 4,065
My TP is not in use for a while since I got the AK120. I didn't even bother trying it because I'm pretty sure it will get a massive bass cut because of Pro330 low impedance.

There is a nice crunch to distorted guitar, I'd say pretty accurate. And cymbal is not steely but it has a nice chime. It pretty fast as well with a nice decay.

I'm listening to AC/DC - Highway to Hell now and the album sounds great with the Pro330. If I have to nit pick I think the mid-high can be more forward. I feel that sometimes the instrument are pretty loud and the vocal is recessed.

@jazzyfi- have you tried it with your Tera player? If so how is the match?

Also curious about over all tonality. Do cymbals sound brassy or steely? How is distortion guitar crunch? Does it have nice bite or is it smoothed over a bit.

Sorry to pepper you wih all the questions, but thank you for your responses!

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #236 of 4,065
Quote:
My TP is not in use for a while since I got the AK120. I didn't even bother trying it because I'm pretty sure it will get a massive bass cut because of Pro330 low impedance.

There is a nice crunch to distorted guitar, I'd say pretty accurate. And cymbal is not steely but it has a nice chime. It pretty fast as well with a nice decay.

I'm listening to AC/DC - Highway to Hell now and the album sounds great with the Pro330. If I have to nit pick I think the mid-high can be more forward. I feel that sometimes the instrument are pretty loud and the vocal is recessed.

I have a feeling like your TP will be on sale
rolleyes.gif

Aug 17, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #239 of 4,065
Honestly, whereas detachable cable is a must for 1.2k euros iems such as se5, it is less important at this price point IMO, as long as you use good stock cables.

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #240 of 4,065
Those CA cables are very good imho. First look is different, but trust me it is not going to come off that easilly. :)

As a matter of fact detachable cable is a very good option but it also requires many, many tests as piotrus-g said before.

I think that he will do everything to add detachable cables to his offer soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back