New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Nov 27, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #2,986 of 4,065
Some CIEM makers will allow a local licensed audiologist make minor adjustments in order to avoid voiding the warranty - some are able to do this in their office as they have hearing aid customers they need to accommodate.

YMMV

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #2,988 of 4,065
Just bought used H8P and will get my ear impressions done next week. I want January already 
biggrin.gif

I cant decide between amp/dac for android or DAP. My limit is 300-400$. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #2,989 of 4,065
Just bought used H8P and will get my ear impressions done next week. I want January already :D  

Congrats! You'll be very happy with the H8P. If I were you I'd get a dedicated DAP. Less messy and can drive most earphones well. Unless you have full-sized headphones in your collection. In that case a DAC/amp is a better route. Just my opinion of course.

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #2,990 of 4,065
Congrats! You'll be very happy with the H8P. If I were you I'd get a dedicated DAP. Less messy and can drive most earphones well. Unless you have full-sized headphones in your collection. In that case a DAC/amp is a better route. Just my opinion of course.

Thanks, I hope so too!
biggrin.gif
 I have Senn HD800 at the moment with Audiolab M-Dac. I had Auralic Taurus MkII with this combo but had to sell it. But even with M-dac alone HD800 sounds good. But the H8P would be used at work mostly.
I am leaning more towards DAP yes.I was thinking maybe Ibasso DX80 or Aune M2 from the DAP side and if the dac/amp for android then  Ibasso D-zero mk2 or D14. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #2,993 of 4,065
  Just bought used H8P and will get my ear impressions done next week. I want January already 
biggrin.gif

The AK Jr. is $460 on Amazon if you're willing to stretch out your budget a little.

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #2,994 of 4,065
Thanks, I hope so too! :D  I have Senn HD800 at the moment with Audiolab M-Dac. I had Auralic Taurus MkII with this combo but had to sell it. But even with M-dac alone HD800 sounds good. But the H8P would be used at work mostly.

I am leaning more towards DAP yes.I was thinking maybe Ibasso DX80 or Aune M2 from the DAP side and if the dac/amp for android then  Ibasso D-zero mk2 or D14. 

To me the DX80 sounds like a safe bet. Coming from a reputable company known for making solid DAPs. I didn't follow their thread, but aside from a few interface issues that can be fixed with firmware updates, you're good to go. I was looking keenly at the Onkyo DP-X1 but apparently they have serious software issues to iron out.

Dec 4, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #2,996 of 4,065
To me the DX80 sounds like a safe bet. Coming from a reputable company known for making solid DAPs. I didn't follow their thread, but aside from a few interface issues that can be fixed with firmware updates, you're good to go. I was looking keenly at the Onkyo DP-X1 but apparently they have serious software issues to iron out.

Indeed. I have basically a month to wait till I can purchase DAP. So maybe Ibasso comes out some magic Christmas firmware that fixes everything 
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #2,997 of 4,065

Indeed. I have basically a month to wait till I can purchase DAP. So maybe Ibasso comes out some magic Christmas firmware that fixes everything 
biggrin.gif

I'm selling my DX90 if you are interested :wink:. Well within your budget.

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #2,998 of 4,065
Just got my Custom Art Harmony 8 (non pros) a couple days ago, at first they felt big but now they feel good with a perfect seal. Need to work on being able to remove them more quickly though.

I will need a couple weeks to get used to it but some initial impressions.

-Details in the mids is amazing

-Isolation is insane (obviously)

-Cord gets tangled super easily

-Lacking the sub bass, a bit hard coming from bass heavy iems (Rha ma750) but I think with time I will get used to it

-Highs are rolled off, which I knew going into this. Not sure if they are too rolled off for my tastes, but I got these for stuff like the Beatles and similar things that did not sound so great on my RHAs

-Mids are less coloured than the 650s, I feel like on the 650s vocals were very often forward, now it seems to really vary between artists/songs.

-Impressed by the soundstage and separation.

-Highs seem more rolled off than the 650s, same with the bass, probably because of the 650s more pronounced mid bass hump. I think my crack + speedball/diff tubes helped improve those areas on my 650s. Currently running these ciems through my MacBook Pro, considering getting something like the fiio e10k but undecided as of now.

So I will need to take some time with these, they can do some amazing things, but for the price they should be good all rounders as well. Time will tell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #2,999 of 4,065
  Just got my Custom Art Harmony 8 (non pros) a couple days ago, at first they felt big but now they feel good with a perfect seal. Need to work on being able to remove them more quickly though.

I will need a couple weeks to get used to it but some initial impressions.

-Details in the mids is amazing

-Isolation is insane (obviously)

-Cord gets tangled super easily

-Lacking the sub bass, a bit hard coming from bass heavy iems (Rha ma750) but I think with time I will get used to it

-Highs are rolled off, which I knew going into this. Not sure if they are too rolled off for my tastes, but I got these for stuff like the Beatles and similar things that did not sound so great on my RHAs

-Mids are less coloured than the 650s, I feel like on the 650s vocals were very often forward, now it seems to really vary between artists/songs.

-Impressed by the soundstage and separation.

-Highs seem more rolled off than the 650s, same with the bass, probably because of the 650s more pronounced mid bass hump. I think my crack + speedball/diff tubes helped improve those areas on my 650s. Currently running these ciems through my MacBook Pro, considering getting something like the fiio e10k but undecided as of now.

So I will need to take some time with these, they can do some amazing things, but for the price they should be good all rounders as well. Time will tell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for feedback. E10k is definitely good companion to H8. Stay away from tube amps or high output impedance source for H8, those will make H8 even thicker.
You may aleo need some time adjusting coming from DD-uIEMs or Over-ear Headphones.

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #3,000 of 4,065

Thanks for feedback. E10k is definitely good companion to H8. Stay away from tube amps or high output impedance source for H8, those will make H8 even thicker.
You may aleo need some time adjusting coming from DD-uIEMs or Over-ear Headphones.

yeah, I am probably going to buy the E10K but for now I am sticking with my macbook as I find it to be pretty good. Yeah I definitely need some time, after a couple days I am already liking it more than initially. They also look great, really like how the aluminum came out. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back