New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Nov 16, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #2,971 of 4,065
  Is there any details about the Ei.XX ? Not on customart website .

I doubt there will be anything on customart website as it is a Massdrop project. Exclusively designed for Massdrop, in fact.
Customart website can give you ideas of customisation and customart facebook will show you some pictures.
You will find information here on head-fi
http://www.head-fi.org/t/778219/teaser-massdrop-x-new-custom-in-ear-monitor-available-september
or here on Massdrop
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/customart-massdrop-exclusive-ei-xx-ciem

But obviously, I'd be more interessed in feedback from buyers of previous drop (though I appreciated the reviews from pre-testers).

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #2,972 of 4,065
  I doubt there will be anything on customart website as it is a Massdrop project. Exclusively designed for Massdrop, in fact.
Customart website can give you ideas of customisation and customart facebook will show you some pictures.
You will find information here on head-fi
http://www.head-fi.org/t/778219/teaser-massdrop-x-new-custom-in-ear-monitor-available-september
or here on Massdrop
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/customart-massdrop-exclusive-ei-xx-ciem

But obviously, I'd be more interessed in feedback from buyers of previous drop (though I appreciated the reviews from pre-testers).

Oh that's fair enough I didn't realise he was doing it as the Ei.3 , thanks for the links!

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #2,976 of 4,065

My beautiful H8P, still enjoying them now. Silicon is indeed comfortable and relaxing... great for laying back for extended listens.

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #2,977 of 4,065

My beautiful H8P, still enjoying them now. Silicon is indeed comfortable and relaxing... great for laying back for extended listens.

Soon...soon I will have mine... 
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 19, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #2,978 of 4,065
Nov 24, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #2,979 of 4,065
I think I'm going in on this.

I'm a newbie, and I hope it blows my universal UE TF10's out of the water. I love the fact that he's a forum member, and put in a ton of work here in the community. 

Bass/Sub Bass is one of my concerns since most of the music getting played through my IEM's are mostly EDM and dance music that is bass heavy.

Nov 26, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #2,981 of 4,065
Does anyone know how I could shave off a tiny area on one of my monitors? I have the H8pros. There is a spot that makes my ear very sore after wearing it for about an hour. I was thinking of taking a very high grit sand paper and just shaving off a tiny bit. I really don't want to send it back for a complete remold. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #2,982 of 4,065
An audiologist might be able to answer that question, assuming Peter doesn't have an answer for you

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #2,983 of 4,065
  Does anyone know how I could shave off a tiny area on one of my monitors? I have the H8pros. There is a spot that makes my ear very sore after wearing it for about an hour. I was thinking of taking a very high grit sand paper and just shaving off a tiny bit. I really don't want to send it back for a complete remold. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

If it's something that needs to be fixed there is not much to lose. worse case is that it makes it worse and you need it to be reshelled which shouldn't be an issue if you stay away from the drivers. 

disclaimer, I don't know what I'm talking about. just using logic.

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #2,984 of 4,065
I am no professional but I do make my own customs, I would not recommend using a high grit sand paper. Start off with a medium grade then work your way down to a fine grit.  You then can polish it out with a buffer on a rotary tool. I would tape the end of the nozzle so no dust enters the sound tubes good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back