New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Nov 8, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #2,956 of 4,065
Great to hear it!
PS the color is more green in reality... it's PITA to fully capture this type of green, had the same problem with Venoms.

(OT) BTW. Just got back from Polish Audioshow (second biggest audio event in Europe). Got a chance to listen to HE-1000 and Senn HE90 and many many other cool stuff. Very very inspiring :wink:

Nov 8, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #2,957 of 4,065
   Got a chance to listen to HE-1000 and Senn HE90 and many many other cool stuff. Very very inspiring :wink:

he forgot to add: "wink, wink" 

Take the hint people!! and save some $$$ as well >=) 

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #2,958 of 4,065
  he forgot to add: "wink, wink" 

Take the hint people!! and save some $$$ as well >=) 

Oh and @Shini44 finally had a chance to listen to TH-900 and my god they sound so good! :) Now I know why you like them so much. They have the same qualities that Denon's 7000 (not 7100) which puts them into straight top of the headphone world in my book, maybe not the final TOTL, but close enough.

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #2,959 of 4,065
Great to hear it!

PS the color is more green in reality... it's PITA to fully capture this type of green, had the same problem with Venoms.

(OT) BTW. Just got back from Polish Audioshow (second biggest audio event in Europe). Got a chance to listen to HE-1000 and Senn HE90 and many many other cool stuff. Very very inspiring :wink:

Yeah, I know what you mean. It changes with the light too, which doesn't help. On my screen the picture is pretty accurate though, I adjusted it a bit in photoshop to get it more correct. Obviously if your screen is calibrated differently to mine we'll always be seeing different things!

Nov 8, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #2,960 of 4,065
Got a chance to listen to HE-1000 and Senn HE90 and many many other cool stuff. Very very inspiring :wink:

CA doing an IEM inspired by the sig of HE1000 would take the cake. It's one of the best headphones I've heard. Warm smooth yet full of detail.

Nov 8, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #2,961 of 4,065
It's one of the best headphones I've heard. Warm smooth yet full of detail.

Yup definitely! Although I find Orpheus to sound a little bit better to my taste it's more intimate but still spacious and "outside of your head". Both go toe to toe really. HE1k were driven from EF-6 and it made them a bit on the brighter side but I'd say there was a potential to make it sound warmer/thicker if needed if plugged to different source.

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #2,962 of 4,065
Went on a custom iem tour today through Singapore, tried the noble K10/4C, shure se846, entire UM and AAW line, rooth LSX 10, LS-8, LS-8+, LS-4 and EW line. The Ei.3 is the least sibilant iem I heard that day(I am just super sensitive to sibilance, this is no way means the iems I stated are bad). When I popped the Ei.3 in I was still pretty happy. Tho my eyes are more open to the details in certain songs that I was missing with the Ei.3, I thought the Ei.3 has a certain effortlessness to it that is very much like the noble K10!
I was on the prowl for my next pair of customs which I assumed would be one of the totl ones, however I have decided to get a second customart iem: the Ei.XX, because if it really has bass equal to the se846 with the non existent sibilance of the Ei.3, I will be a happy camper !

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #2,964 of 4,065
I'd loved when I was in Tokyo the e-earphone shop will be the CIEM heaven too + impressive DAC/AMP/DAP/MISC collection :)

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #2,967 of 4,065
Man, much envy. I need a 2-hour drive at least to even test something.

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #2,968 of 4,065
Today I got my ear impressions. This is for a Custom Art UE900s remold. I hope this is a good idea...
rolleyes.gif

@Piotr, i have send you the pictures of the impressions

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #2,969 of 4,065
Went on a custom iem tour today through Singapore ...

That looks really cool. You are a lucky audiophile.

however I have decided to get a second customart iem: the Ei.XX, because if it really has bass equal to the se846 with the non existent sibilance of the Ei.3, I will be a happy camper !

I am decided too. But I'd really, really like to hear from the bidders of the first drop. Pictures, feedback, .... pleeaaase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back