New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Mar 8, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #2,251 of 4,065

short initial impressions:

treble quality and detail retrieval is really remarkable and is also what i’m looking for. there's sufficient room in the upper frequency to provide for the airness and transparency.

peter had already informed me beforehand, that the bass the bass is EXTREMELY fast, and they will not be overly warm or thick, because they have very very fast attack. and yes it was indeed true, and thankfully the bass wasn't light as what i had expected. the amount of bass it reproduces greatly depends on the bass presence of the tracks. the bass can be bodied and still rumble as well, just that they won't hit that deep (due to its amazing fast attack speed), thus the soundstage depth of the bass might sound slightly limited, especially when compared to the expansive treble of the custom. one thing i really like iss that the bass was really resolving.

the mids are relatively smooth and forward. in overall i think this is a good performer across the entire frequency spectrum, bass/mids/highs each had their strong points. i was really amazed that these do not bleed and overpower each other but instead these lead to a good imaging and separation being very well done.

Thank you peter for this marvellously good sounding and stunning looking ciem. Millionths of thumbs up for the great job accomplished b^.^d

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #2,252 of 4,065
Looking for a DAP to go with my Music 1's was looking at fiio x3. Is that a good pairing??any other recommendations for around that price?

If you're going for an X3, then wait for the 2nd generation version of the X3

Whichever DAP you choose, I hope you enjoy your Music 1s  
beerchug.gif

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #2,253 of 4,065
  Music One has actually quite a nice bass but it is not overwhelming, it is there when it is called but it doesn't ruin the music when it is not in the recording. At first I thought they were basslight but listening them in long term proved me wrong, they are actually quite realistic in low end region.

UM Miracle bass is quite like your description, although maybe slightly more bass. It doesn't sound bassy, and then, all of a sudden, on some tracks, there is gorgeous rumble. If Music One bass is similar to that, then I bet Music One sounds very enjoyable.

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #2,256 of 4,065
Yep got my eye on the mk2 just waiting for the reviews to come out but the pricing is good so I might pull the trigger. Just wondering if there's any others I should consider?

Depends what your true maximum expenditure can be, but let's not derail the CustomArt thread - better to ask this question in the Portable Source Gear threads
beerchug.gif

As Peter said:

You have to go for lowest output impedance with player

Thankfully, most DAP makers (including Fiio) now take good care of this, but always check before you buy, because some models can catch you out.

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #2,257 of 4,065

short initial impressions:

treble quality and detail retrieval is really remarkable and is also what i’m looking for. there's sufficient room in the upper frequency to provide for the airness and transparency.

peter had already informed me beforehand, that the bass the bass is EXTREMELY fast, and they will not be overly warm or thick, because they have very very fast attack. and yes it was indeed true, and thankfully the bass wasn't light as what i had expected. the amount of bass it reproduces greatly depends on the bass presence of the tracks. the bass can be bodied and still rumble as well, just that they won't hit that deep (due to its amazing fast attack speed), thus the soundstage depth of the bass might sound slightly limited, especially when compared to the expansive treble of the custom. one thing i really like iss that the bass was really resolving.

the mids are relatively smooth and forward. in overall i think this is a good performer across the entire frequency spectrum, bass/mids/highs each had their strong points. i was really amazed that these do not bleed and overpower each other but instead these lead to a good imaging and separation being very well done.

Thank you peter for this marvellously good sounding and stunning looking ciem. Millionths of thumbs up for the great job accomplished b^.^d

This has to be the BEST looking custom I have seen in recent times. Absolutely wonderful. Thanks for the impressions as well! I am glad you are enjoying yours so much. I am still trying to be patient and just kill the waiting time till mine arrives haha!

Mar 10, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #2,258 of 4,065
Pretty nice CIEM indeed. Even if I'll be honest, some of the Wizzard designs on the K10 look even better.
What was your project? Can't seem to find what you were looking for on the technical side of things.

Mar 10, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #2,261 of 4,065
  Smooth... lol

His IEM is quipped with Harmony 8 woofers and added DWFK driver for mids/highs

Haha
biggrin.gif

You know I love your designs Piotr. Otherwise I wouldn't trust you with mine :wink:

Thanks for the answer, interesting project indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back