or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote

post #1 of 9514
Thread Starter 

Hello,

 

Since the thread got many updates, I will hide the preliminary speculations and post officially approved information.

Unconfirmed information (Click to show)

 

There are roumors about the upcoming model from FiiO, the X3K. As there is no dedicated thread, I've decided to open one.

 

So ... What do we know? 

 

There is almost no official information, but there are some websites that publish some specs. This site publishes a lot of information. The information is in Russian, and I will try to translate it. I don't know how precise the specs are, but I will publish what I know, and hope to see official FiiO represantitives respond. I can tell that after reading those specs I've decided not to purchase the X1, and rather wait for the X3K.

 

So .. What do we know, based on that site?

 

1. The device is based on the X3 and supports lossless formats up to 24bit/192kHz. The new player will be able to play DSD and will have it's own DSD decoding system.


2. It will use improved CS4398 DAC, and improved two-layered signal generator to fight frequency jitter.

 

3. It will be possible to use the USB interface for line out and docking station usage

 

4. Support for wired headphones with Apple controlls for PLAY/PAUSE/PREW/NEXT.

 

5. It will be possible to use the device with new FiiO E09S device, and it can be used as USB DAC and amplifier.

 

6. It will feature a 5cm screen, and it will allow to use UI and scroll wheel from X5.

 

7. Firmware upgrades, 10 band floating point EQ, playlist composition and other functions are supported.


 

2c0fd357_X12.jpg


Estimated time to hit the markets - december 2014. X3 will be discontinued prior the new X3K model being available.

X3K will be available at 199$. What's notable, that X1 and X3K are same sized players, but the X3K will be available only in black. It will feature a battery with twice the capacity of X1.

 

Please note that I don't clame the information to be official or approved by FiiO. This is only what I know, and I want this beast :)

 

 

 

Updates (from information contibuted by members/FiiO represantitives)

 

1. Thanks to BelialSeraph we know that the picture is not a picture of the X3K, but of one of X1's prototypes.

 

Confirmed information:

 

1. It's called Fiio X3 Second Generation, not X3K.
2. Fiio X3 Second Generation is the same size and UI as the X1 just a bit thicker.
3. Dual crystal oscillators for less jitter.
4. Deep sleep mode for instant on usage without battery drain.
5. 10 band EQ.
6. In-line remote support.
7. Custom playlists.
8. Uses Cirrus Logic CS4398 chip.
9. Native DSD support.
10. It will have a shared line-out and coaxial output jack.
11. About as powerful amp section as the current X3.
12. Full metal case with scroll wheel.
13. Cost is $200 US
14. Mass production will be done in April and then launched to the global market.

 

Detailed tech. specs can be found here : http://www.head-fi.org/t/743704/the-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ex-x3k-x3ii-thread-192k-24b-cs4398-native-dsd-usb-dac-with-lo-and-inline-remote/690#post_11372468

 

and here:

 

http://www.fiio.net/en/products/39/parameters

 

Reviews are located here :

 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ultraportable-hi-res-dap

 

The official release firmware version 1.0 for the X3 2nd gen may be downloaded here:


https://www.dropbox.com/s/jldzobwsvemjafv/X3%202nd%20gen%20FW1.0.zip?dl=0

 

Firmware version 1.1

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03ak4ep2i75p24u/X3%202nd%20gen%20FW1.1.zip?dl=0

 

USB DAC Driver for Windows can be downloaded here:

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2eqthpf3qt3187c/X3%202nd%20gen%20USB%20DAC%20Driver%28compatible%20with%20X3%26X5%29v1.61.zip?dl=0

Some summary of the reviews written up till 10.4.2015 (and mini FAQ)

 

1. It's located between X1 and X5 SQ-wise, more close to the X5

2. It's SQ is much better than the X3 first edition

3. No drivers are needed for the USB DAC function to operate on MAC, and drivers are needed for Windows machines

4. The wheel seems to be the best quality of the X1 X5 and X3 II trio, but still one click does not necessary mean one movement in the menu's

5. The new X3 does not have hardware bass/treble controls like the X3 first edition, but it has 10 band software sound equlizer just like the X5 has.

 

More F.A.Q.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

 

1, It is renamed as X3 II, in fact, we will change the model no but the X3 keep the same. something like Audi keep A3,A6,A7,A8 .

 

 

2, the new X3 = X1 + USB DAC + bigger power output + Native DSD support + better DAC (CS4398), + Better Amp + coaxial output + 100 US$. btw, the new X3 is a little thicker than X1 and become full metal case.

 

    or   new X3 = Old X3 + Native DSD supports+ better DAC ( CS4398) + New UI and ID.

 

 

The mass production will be done in April and them launch global market.

 

 

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

 

 

 


Edited by viperxp - 5/23/15 at 9:13am
post #2 of 9514

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperxp View Post

 

[...] What's notable, that X1 and X3K are same sized players, but the X3K will be available only in black. It will feature a battery with twice the capacity of X1.

I'm pretty sure the X3K's in the works, but those pictures are X1 prototypes

http://www.head-fi.org/t/691332/fiio-x1-the-new-start-of-the-high-res-dap-with-individual-dac-and-headphone-amp/645#post_10318495 :D 


Edited by BelialSeraph - 11/25/14 at 5:28am
post #3 of 9514
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelialSeraph View Post
 

I'm pretty sure the X3K's in the works, but those pictures are X1 prototypes

http://www.head-fi.org/t/691332/fiio-x1-the-new-start-of-the-high-res-dap-with-individual-dac-and-headphone-amp/645#post_10318495 :D 

Thank you, that's another piece in the puzzle of what X3K will be :)

post #4 of 9514
Sign me up!! Love my Fiio DAPS
post #5 of 9514
Same chip used in the new ak100ii and also improved battery. Very good news.
post #6 of 9514
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo31 View Post

Same chip used in the new ak100ii and also improved battery. Very good news.


I hope that those specs are true

post #7 of 9514

I'd would also like to believe it's true and maybe I'll wait for it instead of buying another dap this Christmas, but looking at all the info Fiio gave us prior to X1/X3/X5 launch, it's hard to believe that this X3K will be out next month.

post #8 of 9514
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
 

I'd would also like to believe it's true and maybe I'll wait for it instead of buying another dap this Christmas, but looking at all the info Fiio gave us prior to X1/X3/X5 launch, it's hard to believe that this X3K will be out next month.

But .... if it is true, than it makes sense that FiiO does not share too much info, as it could interfere with sales of X1 and X3 .....

Anyway, I will wait for the X3K no matter what.

post #9 of 9514

Are you sure this is not some kind of hoax? Wouldn't somebody from the Fiio people already dropped the news somewhere else on this forum...

post #10 of 9514
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFA View Post
 

Are you sure this is not some kind of hoax? Wouldn't somebody from the Fiio people already dropped the news somewhere else on this forum...


I am not sure, I've posted what I found, as is. I have not seen denial or approval from FiiO guys here, and you know how active they are at this forum.

I guess they don't want to ruin the sales of X1 and X3 ...

I know that I will not buy the X1 or X3 before the specs and price of the new model are published, and first reviews appear.

post #11 of 9514
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperxp View Post
 


I am not sure, I've posted what I found, as is. I have not seen denial or approval from FiiO guys here, and you know how active they are at this forum.

I guess they don't want to ruin the sales of X1 and X3 ...

I know that I will not buy the X1 or X3 before the specs and price of the new model are published, and first reviews appear.

 

Could be true. I would be happy to see a Cirrus Logic DAC inside a X3 and maybe also some other amp-section, without the often used AD-opamps.

 

Seeing how Fiio is progressing with technology and style, it would be only natural to release a next gen X3.

 

I will wait here for any update :popcorn:

post #12 of 9514
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFA View Post
 

 

Could be true. I would be happy to see a Cirrus Logic DAC inside a X3 and maybe also some other amp-section, without the often used AD-opamps.

 

Seeing how Fiio is progressing with technology and style, it would be only natural to release a next gen X3.

 

I will wait here for any update :popcorn:


You won't be alone :)

post #13 of 9514

X3k was (a kind of) confirmed by FiiO: http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/the-fiio-x3-thread/8190#post_10202167 I'm one step from buying Aune M1, but maybe it's worth waiting for X3K :D

post #14 of 9514
Quote:
Originally Posted by jot23 View Post
 

X3k was (a kind of) confirmed by FiiO: http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/the-fiio-x3-thread/8190#post_10202167 I'm one step from buying Aune M1, but maybe it's worth waiting for X3K :D

 

Well and it would very much fit with the time table. He posted on the 25th January + 10 months + some delays = it is about time

post #15 of 9514
I'm actually very interrested in the X3K :-)
Edited by FiJAAS - 12/25/14 at 6:15pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote