New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
May 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #991 of 4,065
I should go live in Poland. Girls are beautiful, there are 3 ciem companies, I can be friends with Peter and work with him, buy him a beer because he is making wonderful products for good prices and provide "excellent" customer service
beerchug.gif

As soon as I finish this master and get a job, I am buying H8 non pro version, that would suit my taste perfectly.

May 19, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #992 of 4,065
So, your listening impressions appear to confirm what I said previously - that an 'in-between' version would be worthwhile - i.e. around 8db of treble increase, rather than 15db.

May 19, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #993 of 4,065
I listened Harmony 8 Pro today. There are more equal than Harmony 8. Bass is the same, there is a lot of it, goes low and its texture is very good. Highs are more, and got aggressiveness, aren't as relaxing as Harmony 8. Can listen to them every musical genres, especially electronic, hip-hop, rock and metal. On Harmony 8 I could listened Hip-hop, dub step, but classic music and anime OST sounds very bad.

Wow, cheers. First to try tomato. If H8 performs 'bad' on classicals and OST, which word would you use to describe 8pro? Mediocre, so so, okay, good, excellent, TOTL, exceptional? And will 8pro cause you long time fatigue because of the aggressive highs?

May 19, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #994 of 4,065
Wow, cheers. First to try tomato. If H8 performs 'bad' on classicals and OST, which word would you use to describe 8pro? Mediocre, so so, okay, good, excellent, TOTL, exceptional? And will 8pro cause you long time fatigue because of the aggressive highs?

I think the fatigue would be depending on your preferences. I know myself, I like my treble smooth and relaxed and detailed, extended. I am sure 8 pro would cause me fatigue but if you are a treble head, maybe you would find it normal rather than fatiguing.

May 19, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #995 of 4,065
  I listened Harmony 8 Pro today. There are more equal than Harmony 8. Bass is the same, there is a lot of it, goes low and its texture is very good. Highs are more, and got aggressiveness, aren't as relaxing as Harmony 8. Can listen to them every musical genres, especially electronic, hip-hop, rock and metal. On Harmony 8 I could listened Hip-hop, dub step, but classic music and anime OST sounds very bad.

Did you try them with anime vocal songs? How do the seiyuu's sound on these?

May 19, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #997 of 4,065
  I should go live in Poland. Girls are beautiful, there are 3 ciem companies, I can be friends with Peter and work with him, buy him a beer because he is making wonderful products for good prices and provide "excellent" customer service
beerchug.gif

As soon as I finish this master and get a job, I am buying H8 non pro version, that would suit my taste perfectly.

Peter is very nice man. He have very good products (I have Pro330v2) and "excellent"customer service,. this is very true.

H8 "bad" on classic music for me, because this cIEM playing bass, this is their foundation. Treble and highs although they are good playing in the shadow of the bass. Example
Salyu "Glide" from OST "All About Lily Chou-Chou" liver version 2010 contrabass is more accentuated and play loud than vocal, on H8 Pro vocal is more accentuated and play loud.
Other example Kenji Kawaji "Kugutsuuta kagirohi ha yomi ni mata muto" from OST GITS:Innocence violin and choir barely hear, because drums and bass guitar play loud and big sound.
  Did you try them with anime vocal songs? How do the seiyuu's sound on these?

Yes, I listened Hiroyuki Sawano with Mika Kobayashi songs "Attack on titan", "Before my body is dry", "Bios" .Kenji Kawai song "Kugutsuuta kagirohi ha yomi ni mata mutt". Salyu song "Glide" I know not seiyuu, but her vocal is amazing. And j-rock band Disacode song "Sakura*kuroku*kuroku" this song better than Pro330v2, because on 330 sounds very flat, no emotion. Mika Kobayashi with Hiroyuki Sawano sounds good on H8 Pro, but when add highs will be very good. "Glide" a better sounds on H8 Pro, a more resolution and detail than Pro330v2.

May 22, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #999 of 4,065
i need to post something to count the days....

tongue_smile.gif

size]

sorry for this completely useless post....makes me feel better and avoid sending a mail to Piotr and getting him away from his work to be done
beyersmile.png

AH, but i have actually a real question:

i'll be on my way to Tokyo mid July with my new Harmonies. I wondered if it was risky for the monitors to be exposed to high and Japanesque temperatures....i believe average weather in Japan in July is around minimum 30°C (86F) and more. 

Thanks

May 22, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #1,000 of 4,065
AH, but i have actually a real question:

i'll be on my way to Tokyo mid July with my new Harmonies. I wondered if it was risky for the monitors to be exposed to high and Japanesque temperatures....i believe average weather in Japan in July is around minimum 30°C (86F) and more. 

Thanks

I lived in Japan for several years when I was younger. It is very hot at that time of year, but I've never heard of earphones etc being damaged by the heat. Also, there is air conditioning on public transport, in shops etc. The only thing you shouldn't do (which I'm sure you wouldn't) is expose the earphones to direct sunlight.

May 22, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #1,001 of 4,065
Balanced armature speakers can be stored between minus few degrees C to around 63*C
That said you shouldn't really worry about temperatures.

And please remember when you have your IEMs in you ears for several hour they would be exposed to whooping 36.6*C (or sometimes slightly more) ...not to mention humidity. :wink:

There's no need to worry.

May 22, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #1,004 of 4,065
To me, I'd be far more concerned about sweat & humidity than the temperature itself - therefore, if I was using CIEMs during the hot months on Japan, I would personally use a dessicant/dehumidifier each night, to keep the armatures and the sound tubes nice and dry.

That's just my personal opinion - I'm not stating it as an absolute factual necessity.

May 22, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #1,005 of 4,065
  Peter just few minus degrees? So, I can't wear my customs at a cold day, let's say with temperature at the level of -20 degree celsius?

Bad news for Canada I believe
happy_face1.gif

Peter's point is that the silicone warms up to your body's temperature, and hence the BA will be at that temperature as well.

The following is a contour map of your body's core temperature at different room temperatures:

The pinnae are always around twenty-something degrees Centigrade, regardless of room temperature (except when it's ultra hot, then the capillaries in your ears will be at full capacity in order to dissipate heat), and will quickly rise to core temperature as you go along the span of the canal --- that's one of the reasons why we physicians use ear temperature as an approximation (not the only) of your core body temperature. Besides, silicone is a relatively insulating material, so it's safe to say that your IEM's drivers will never be subject to sub-zero temperatures or excess temperatures either. Homeostasis FTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back