New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Mar 20, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #752 of 4,065
My retuned CIEMs have just landed. I ordered a cable from Peter in the past and had a fantastic experience. He was prompt in returning messages and a pleasure to talk to.

I had fit issues with my CIEMs recently, so I reached out to Peter again and asked if he'd be interested in a side project. I gave him some guidance as to the sound signature I preferred and it's sounding like he nailed it. The man knows his tuning.

A bit of a bump in the lower frequencies with a focus on female vocals and sibilant free highs. From the first few hours, I'm a big fan. Playing nice with some of my low-fi recordings as well.

Silicone is an absolute treat! Might have a full review after some more listening.

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #753 of 4,065

Wow, that makes it really easy to tell which side is right and left...
tongue.gif

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #754 of 4,065
My retuned CIEMs have just landed. I ordered a cable from Peter in the past and had a fantastic experience. He was prompt in returning messages and a pleasure to talk to.

I had fit issues with my CIEMs recently, so I reached out to Peter again and asked if he'd be interested in a side project. I gave him some guidance as to the sound signature I preferred and it's sounding like he nailed it. The man knows his tuning.

A bit of a bump in the lower frequencies with a focus on female vocals and sibilant free highs. From the first few hours, I'm a big fan. Playing nice with some of my low-fi recordings as well.

Silicone is an absolute treat! Might have a full review after some more listening.

Thanks! That's a relief - with custom tuning there are really high chances of missing with someone's preferences.

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #755 of 4,065

Those look brilliant, congrats. These are the C4s right? Is the sleeve at the cable's end comfortable over the ears?  These pictures make waiting for my miracle re-tune harder! 

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #757 of 4,065
  My review of the Music Two is up over at Cymbacavum:

http://cymbacavum.com/2014/03/23/customart-music-two/

very nice review! Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Any plans on reviewing the other models too? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #758 of 4,065
  very nice review! Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Any plans on reviewing the other models too? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Would love to.  I can't wait to hear more about the Harmony line and the Pro 210 and Music One are also interesting to me.  I've even already thought of a State of the Art design idea to discuss with Peter if/when the opportunity arises.

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #759 of 4,065
yep, also on the harmony waiting list on my side....
gs1000.gif

preorder waiting line, please queu here....
beerchug.gif

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #760 of 4,065
  My review of the Music Two is up over at Cymbacavum:

http://cymbacavum.com/2014/03/23/customart-music-two/

ps: very nice website you have there....didn't know it! 
Great reviews! 

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #764 of 4,065
Awesome review Shotgunshane! Would you mind comparing the Music Two to your JH13?

I no longer have my JH13; I got a little crazy and sold them. So while I can't offer really specific details, I can give some generalities.

Both have pretty strong, reverberant and fun bass without being overbearing. Where the Music Two mids are organic and laid back, the JH13 is more in your face and aggressive. Where the Music Two treble is articulate but laid back, the JH13 is treble is forward and bright. The JH13 has a couple of treble peaks that make it very revealing and detailed but can be strident or glaring at times.

The JH13 soundstage is bigger by memory, it's pretty enveloping and surrounds you. Imaging is probably the best I've heard to date. It's definitely top of the line but certainly not perfect, especially for me in the treble. The JH Audio house sound, regardless of specific tuning, seems to be about forwardness, aggressiveness and tipped up at the ends a bit.

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #765 of 4,065
I no longer have my JH13; I got a little crazy and sold them. So while I can't offer really specific details, I can give some generalities.

Both have pretty strong, reverberant and fun bass without being overbearing. Where the Music Two mids are organic and laid back, the JH13 is more in your face and aggressive. Where the Music Two treble is articulate but laid back, the JH13 is treble is forward and bright. The JH13 has a couple of treble peaks that make it very revealing and detailed but can be strident or glaring at times.

The JH13 soundstage is bigger by memory, it's pretty enveloping and surrounds you. Imaging is probably the best I've heard to date. It's definitely top of the line but certainly not perfect, especially for me in the treble. The JH Audio house sound, regardless of specific tuning, seems to be about forwardness, aggressiveness and tipped up at the ends a bit.

Thanks for the comparison! The Jh13 is the only iem that you have that I've heard, unless you want to compare the Music Two to your KSC75 haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back