New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Jun 9, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #3,271 of 4,065
Those who have custom designs on their CA monitors, how did you guys go about it? Things like swirls, color blending etc. Kinda confused how thr custom design thing works (apart from choosing faceplates and colors) so any help would be appreciated :)

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #3,272 of 4,065
Those who have custom designs on their CA monitors, how did you guys go about it? Things like swirls, color blending etc. Kinda confused how thr custom design thing works (apart from choosing faceplates and colors) so any help would be appreciated :)

Notes & Request or alternatively State of the Art fields ->write what you want, post a link if you want something that's already been done ->choose anything for the rest to pass the script->submit. :wink:

Jun 10, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #3,275 of 4,065
Yesterday and today I listening sample Harmony 8.2. Peter made very good CIEM again, this is higher level than previous H8 and H8P, because merge positive features both Harmony and Pro330. Bass is very similar to HifiMan He-1000, there are very quality on rock, pop, electro music, on classical music with a lot of instrument and anison H8.2 lose controlling, because no fast Quantity is very higher. Midrange and vocals best of hearing, better than Pro330. Highs very good quality, hearing every sounds, but no sharp edges.

This is very good CIEM to rock, pop, electro, classic music with only piano and/or violin, jazz, blues. Person who love bass and midrange will be fulfilled.

Jun 10, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #3,276 of 4,065

This is very good CIEM to rock, pop, electro, classic music with only piano and/or violin, jazz, blues. Person who love bass and midrange will be fulfilled.

but i assume that would be different kind of bass/mid range compared to the K10 right? i assume that the mids are neutral on the H8.2?? 

Jun 10, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #3,277 of 4,065
I haven't heard K10. I suspect H8.2 is not for you, because Miku Hatsune sounds bad, very flat and sharp. 

This is not CIEM for anison and vocaloid 
frown.gif
. But this is very good for rock, I listened SuG, Girugamesh today and I had joy, because rock song which a have rhythmics base (drums and bass guitar) sounds magnificent. A kick, punch, and subbass are amazing on H8.2.

Jun 10, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #3,278 of 4,065
yeh i know lol, thats why i didn't buy the Harmony 8 pro to begin with XD  although its doing so good, i wanted to add it to my collection one day. 

lets hope we see a new flagship in 2017, its about time i guess 
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 10, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #3,279 of 4,065
  I haven't heard K10. I suspect H8.2 is not for you, because Miku Hatsune sounds bad, very flat and sharp. 

Tbh that might be the problem in the vocal itself. I can't listen to Vocaloid stuffs anymore because my headphones are now all too revealing, which means Hatsune Miku's voice sounds too sharp to enjoy :|
Well, people with warm headphones might be able to enjoy it more.

Btw have you noticed something special about the soundstage/imaging/separation?

yeh i know lol, thats why i didn't buy the Harmony 8 pro to begin with XD  although its doing so good, i wanted to add it to my collection one day. 

evil_smiley.gif

2017 eh... A lot of time. Currently still enjoying my Anzu, a totally great all-rounder even for orchestral 
biggrin.gif

I'm actually interested in having another Custom Art IEM, if Piotr gonna offer them in universal. CIEM kills the fun of sharing it with friends.

Jun 10, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #3,280 of 4,065

evil_smiley.gif

New flagship in 2017 for Anison and Vocaloid fans will be great. Because I missed for CIEM, but for me only Ety ER-4s so very good to all music now.

Tbh that might be the problem in the vocal itself. I can't listen to Vocaloid stuffs anymore because my headphones are now all too revealing, which means Hatsune Miku's voice sounds too sharp to enjoy :|

Btw have you noticed something special about the soundstage/imaging/separation?

This is no problem with vocal, only with decay, attack, separation. I only listening Vocalid on Etymotic ER-4s, which very sharp, but their sharp, fast is very good for Vocalid and Anison, a few years ago I listened Miku on CA Pro330v2 there would be OK, too.
H8.2 are warm CIEM. Separation worse than Ety ER-4s, soundstage and imagine very similar to previous Harmony. Detailed much better than previous Harmony, Ety Er-4s, Lime Ears Aether.

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #3,281 of 4,065

This is no problem with vocal, only with decay, attack, separation. I only listening Vocalid on Etymotic ER-4s, which very sharp, but their sharp, fast is very good for Vocalid and Anison, a few years ago I listened Miku on CA Pro330v2 there would be OK, too.
H8.2 are warm CIEM. Separation worse than Ety ER-4s, soundstage and imagine very similar to previous Harmony. Detailed much better than previous Harmony, Ety Er-4s, Lime Ears Aether.

J-pop, VN/Anime OST and Vocaloid always had problems with the too revealing setups, so they go with warm amps or tubes amps and the problem was losing the speed and fun of SS amps, yet the SS fast and fun amp lack the musicality of the tube amps

this whole thing took me nearly four years of testing, finally i reached the solution. WA5-LE , its not revealing for J-pop, with the right tubes it can provide both SS fun and musicality to its finest!!  while being able to drive HE-6 too! 

so i highly suggest if you want to enjoy the J-pop and still avoid recording problems without losing neither fun or musicaly,, then WA5-LE is the answer (again with the right tubes, like taka sets)

dang been 4 years but i found the answer that gave me both options in one without losing a thing. oh DAC wise i am using Hugo TT.

CIEM wise i am not sure what combo can bring that, maybe the WA8 with some tubes? i feel like testing that to bring the same result on CIEMs :D

Jun 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #3,282 of 4,065
This is almost true words.

J-pop, VN/Anime OST and Vocaloid always had problems with the too revealing setups, so they go with warm amps or tubes amps and the problem was losing the speed and fun of SS amps, yet the SS fast and fun amp lack the musicality of the tube amps

this whole thing took me nearly four years of testing, finally i reached the solution. 

This is almost true words, J-pop, VN/Anime OST and Vocaloid always had problems with the too revealing setups. Why almost because not warm amps or tubes will be very good, only speed and excellent separation amp with organic sounds. For example Stax SR-009 with amp Stax SRM-727II is on of the best setups, the best for me for VN/Anime OST, J-pop and Vocaloid, but this setup isn't warm, only light, I know this amp have tube. Another example my home setup, Gustard U12, Yulong Sabre D18, Yulong Sabre A18, Yamaha YH-100 headphone and hybrid interconnect and silver headphone cable will very good to for this music, but signature not warm, only organic, fast attack and decay and very good separation. When I have change cable to ForzaAudioworks which are very smoothed I don't listen this music, because no fun form me, sounds very flat, no emotion.

Back to H8.2 I listening rock music now, and another I very satisfaction with music, I very impressed H8.2 midrange and bass. Kick, punch with drums are amazing, low descending bass.

BTW. But we must remember Peter making Harmony thinking about very good CIEM to commercial music, like rock, pop, no VN/Anime OST.

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #3,283 of 4,065
Guys,be really careful with your CIEM.
I'm so stupid that I think I wanna kill myself. I got bored at the library and decided to clean the edges of my CIEM sound tubes with mechanical pencil. For fun. Unfortunately, a piece of lead broke and stuck inside. No fun.

I sent email to Piotr on whether I should send it back to him for cleaning. Hopefully it needs no reshell because I won't make it in time for that...

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #3,284 of 4,065
@Rozenberg you amigo, i am not sure should i laugh or not XD cause i did.

i mean a pencil!!! XD lol man you are in the history of head-fi now, the do and don't section :p

hope you fix the issue soon.

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #3,285 of 4,065
  @Rozenberg you amigo, i am not sure should i laugh or not XD cause i did.

i mean a pencil!!! XD lol man you are in the history of head-fi now, the do and don't section :p

hope you fix the issue soon.

I wanna laugh at my own stupidity but I'm crying inside.

Well, I don't have a cleaning tool because, dunno, the previous owner lost it maybe. I should have just spent $139 on hearing-aid vacuum.

]Gotta ask my audiologist tomorrow if they have tools for cleaning.
Back to earbuds for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back