New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
May 27, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #3,260 of 4,065
You're like an angel breathing life into me again :)

I hope it's gonna be September, or mid August at earliest. I've been wanting to try all CA line up 

I can't tell exactly when the tour will launch as it has to end here in Denmark first.

But there will be some requirements for participating in a tour, like all the usual personal information, I will also need to get contact information for people's employers/workplace and then people will need to have some positive trade feedback here on head-Fi
But more about that when time comes :)

May 27, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #3,261 of 4,065
I can't tell exactly when the tour will launch as it has to end here in Denmark first.

But there will be some requirements for participating in a tour, like all the usual personal information, I will also need to get contact information for people's employers/workplace and then people will need to have some positive trade feedback here on head-Fi
But more about that when time comes
smily_headphones1.gif

It was merely a wish, of course you can take your time 
biggrin.gif

The longer the more money I could save up too anyway.

Oh well, I'm glad I've made some transaction here. Can't wait for it!

May 27, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #3,262 of 4,065
  Your Anzu is a CA CIEM though 
biggrin.gif

Also @piotrus-g I just saw that Ei.xx now available as universal https://www.massdrop.com/buy/customart-massdrop-exclusive-ei-xx-ciem
Is the universal version only available for Ei.xx drop or will you also offer it for your other CIEMs & reshell service?

Right now I would prefer this as Massdrop only, as we don't know how it would affect sound for other IEMs. We are working on Harmony 8.2 demo as well and it will be fit in the same shell, after testing we will consider officially 8.2 universal

Also regarding the drop any better pictures of the universals?

Will post tomorrow, ok?

May 28, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #3,263 of 4,065

So, if I understand correctly, Custom Art (Piotr) build you a special ciem whichs signature is W shaped to your liking?
What about the driver set-up? Could you post a pic?

I've send in my universal Solar to CA for a reshell into a custom earlier this week => very curious how that will turn out
rolleyes.gif

Also curious (sorry, nature of the beast) about the upcoming Harmony 8.2

And yes I agree, it's a real pleasure communicating with Piotr 
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, it started as a modified version of the Anzu which I believe a few Head Fi members now own. However, by the time Custom Art had finished making the changes there was to quote Piotr "very little of the Anzu left" due to the changes to drivers and implementing the single phase configuration found in the Harmony 8 Pro etc. I've attached the frequency graph (the red is mine).

The tuning really is masterful (IMHO). I don't think the sound signature could be described as W-shaped, but the important thing is it sounds good. I think the two things I'm most impressed with are the soundstage and that the bass is only present when needed.

May 28, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #3,264 of 4,065
  Right now I would prefer this as Massdrop only, as we don't know how it would affect sound for other IEMs. We are working on Harmony 8.2 demo as well and it will be fit in the same shell, after testing we will consider officially 8.2 universal

I always thought the shell won't affect sound of BA drivers that much. Wow.
Can't wait for 8.2 univ and the tour 
beerchug.gif

And how about reshelling CIEM to universal?
Do you 3D print the shells?

Well, it started as a modified version of the Anzu which I believe a few Head Fi members now own. However, by the time Custom Art had finished making the changes there was to quote Piotr "very little of the Anzu left" due to the changes to drivers and implementing the single phase configuration found in the Harmony 8 Pro etc. I've attached the frequency graph (the red is mine).

The tuning really is masterful (IMHO). I don't think the sound signature could be described as W-shaped, but the important thing is it sounds good. I think the two things I'm most impressed with are the soundstage and that the bass is only present when needed.

Whoa reminds me I haven't gotten my graph yet and forgot to ask him again because I was so busy...

Agree with you there, the tuning is just perfect IMO. Mine has just the perfect sound signature to my taste; Detailed but not boomy bass yet present at the same time, smooth vocal with nice extension, sparkling highs that pack a lot of details and air plus great soundstage for an IEM. I've had the chance to compare it to some of the high end IEMs at Munich HES, although some IEMs did bass better, but not at the highs. In the end this is still the perfect IEM for me and I have no desire to upgrade, maybe just wanna try other things instead 
tongue.gif

Jun 6, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #3,270 of 4,065
if anyone is interested for a prototype TOTL CIEM at a mid-tier price , my Anzu v2 (10-BA) custom is up for sale 

one huge (+) of being a CA ciem = by getting it reshelled by Piotr (for just 75 euros) you also get a 12-month warranty as well (so it's like buying a new one CIEM)

pm me if interested 

cheers

http://www.head-fi.org/t/810519/custom-art-anzu-v2-10-ba-ciem-a-prototype-totl-ciem-by-custom-art-reshell-price-is-only-75-euros-and-comes-with-a-12-month-warranty-transfer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back