New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Nov 20, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #1,802 of 4,065
  Since I got my Music One (1 year ago) I've never looked for something else...ever.
Thanks Piotr to allow music-lovers like us to enjoy a very good CIEM at a very decent price.

i always point those who want to pay 400-500$ on a LQ IEM to buy the Music One, so many ignorant go with IE80 and SE535 even when i tell them about Music One :<  but few others who clearly got brain went to Peter and bought Music one or better options.

some of the people i've sent here went with UE CIEM -.-'' how sad....

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #1,803 of 4,065
Music one the best
beerchug.gif

On long flights from Germany to Japan = silence and great music = no problem to survive 13 hours crap flights.
biggrin.gif

My daily partner and works well an normal Android smartphone with Neutron app (no real difference to e.g. FiiO X3 player with FLAC files):

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #1,807 of 4,065
  Don't listen to the troll. Anyone who goes around stating that people who choose certain products are "ignorant" or "without a brain" are not worth your attention. 

hey man sorry if i have offended you in a way, i don't recall saying UE sucks, from the post you can see i am talking about "Value" so before you call others ignorant and trolls maybe try to understand first? Head-fi isn't a place for these kind of words...  

and yes some people that i told them not to worry about the H8P or Peter work they told me UE is a brand and it does make better quality than peter who just started and got no name,  i don't know what to call these people anything but brainless who goes for brands over quality.... 

UE ciems are bad?
I'm a newbie on ciem

no need to worry man , Value wise you can't go wrong with peter's product he does provide both fun and warm sound sig, so tell me what kind of a sound sig you are after? and what is your budget?  i've tested Roxxane, K10, Mentor and Peter's Anzu which were very similar to the H8P as Peter stated. 

Nov 21, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #1,808 of 4,065
This might be a little off the general topic of this thread. But here goes :)

Some time ago i saw a kickstarter campaign for earin, a bluetooth IEM, and since then i haven't been able to shake the idea that a bluetooth CIEM would be quite phenomenal. A quick link to the original product: http://www.earin.com/

With all the custom projects and cross works Piotr has done with other companies i thought it could be damn cool if a Bluetooth AptX version of the Music One could be made.

Anyone else think this could be a good idea? And Piotr is it something you have been thinking about before? 

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #1,809 of 4,065

Some time ago i saw a kickstarter campaign for earin, a bluetooth IEM, and since then i haven't been able to shake the idea that a bluetooth CIEM would be quite phenomenal. A quick link to the original product: http://www.earin.com/

With all the custom projects and cross works Piotr has done with other companies i thought it could be damn cool if a Bluetooth AptX version of the Music One could be made.

Anyone else think this could be a good idea? And Piotr is it something you have been thinking about before? 

They are pretty cool and I love the packing. This is like a minimalist's dream :D

I didn't think much about bluetooth cIEMs because it's seem very complicated for me, but if they squeezed BT to such small uIEMs then probably this should be a problem for cIEM

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #1,812 of 4,065

Is that Z3 Compact?

No the previous Z1 compact. I compared FiiO X3 vs Sony Z1 compact vs Clip+ with Rockbox and the X3 and the Z1 no real difference, only the Clip+ ist not the best source for this CIEM in my eyes (I tested awlays with no EQ, no addtional audio stuff like ClearAudio+ from Sony only pure good untouched liniear sound from FLACs 16/44).

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #1,813 of 4,065

I think the primary point of customs (or one of them aside from comfort) is great sound and Bluetooth even at it's current stage of development is still a compromise in that area.  Battery life might also be an issue.

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #1,814 of 4,065
I think the primary point of customs (or one of them aside from comfort) is great sound and Bluetooth even at it's current stage of development is still a compromise in that area.  Battery life might also be an issue.

That's a fair point, especially as many buy customs because they are planning to use IEMs for longer periods - sometimes over 5h.
Those universals give only 2,5h of playback

Nov 21, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #1,815 of 4,065
Perhaps not Bluetooth, but low-latency, lossless wireless audio that can last for 4 hours or so can do wonders for on-stage musicians. They don't have to spend time routing wires inside their costumes, etc. All they need is a transceiver somewhere on their body and it can transmit to their earpieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back