New - Cowon Plenue S
Mar 28, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #947 of 1,158
Hi there! :)

Glad to join this thread as I've just got a PS - a very nice DAP indeed.
Just a quick Q -can I use the headphone out as a standard Line-out without any issues?
For example, to connect PS to external stereo system?
Thanks!
Hello,

I can just answer it indirectly, as I have a cowon cradle for plenue s. Standard output of the cradle is a balanced output for headphones. I connected it directly to my stereo amplifier and it works perfectly.
The cradle is basically just a very expensive and nice looking cable :).

So I am sure you can use headphones out as line out (cradle out is a headphone out....designed especially for headphones).

Mar 30, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #949 of 1,158
Getting familiar with my PS - very solid, awesome sounding DAP. :)
Btw, how much hours does your PS usually work with moderate ohmage Full Size Closed-Back headphones, like Phonon SMB-02?
Was a bit surprised to find no indication of current % of battery capacity.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #951 of 1,158
i honestly wish that cowon will have a way or another for us to be able to have tidal on their daps

head the sony wm1a and of course cowon plenue s is better as an all in all dap and better sounding one especially in details and UI

from all daps I have or had still cowon plenue s is the best dap I heard.

May 3, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #954 of 1,158
1.jpg IMG_1129.JPG IMG_1122.JPG IMG_1124.JPG :)

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #958 of 1,158
i honestly wish that cowon will have a way or another for us to be able to have tidal on their daps

head the sony wm1a and of course cowon plenue s is better as an all in all dap and better sounding one especially in details and UI

from all daps I have or had still cowon plenue s is the best dap I heard.

Sound Eq,

You have had a bunch if my memory serves me.

Did you hear the AK380 ? What was the runner up to the Plenue S?

I have been thinking of upgrading to a Hugo 2 and Digital transport. I am not sure if the added bulk would translate to better sound. What are your thoughts?

BTW I experienced a nice jump in performance when I upgraded to a balanced cable for my 1964 U12's. Increased power and focus but YMMV because the U12's need more power to shine

Thanks

May 24, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #959 of 1,158
It is great pleasure to have such nice peace of equipment. I listen to music every day....and every time I put my headphones on and choose what to hear....it makes me happy and appreciative. We are living in such a marvelous times...to be able to have such little gems. Life is wonderful :)

Indeed !!
I commute 3 hours a day and the Plenue S takes me out of the stinky subway car and into my favorite bands recording studio.

May 25, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #960 of 1,158
Sound Eq,

You have had a bunch if my memory serves me.

Did you hear the AK380 ? What was the runner up to the Plenue S?

I have been thinking of upgrading to a Hugo 2 and Digital transport. I am not sure if the added bulk would translate to better sound. What are your thoughts?

BTW I experienced a nice jump in performance when I upgraded to a balanced cable for my 1964 U12's. Increased power and focus but YMMV because the U12's need more power to shine

Thanks

tried all new cowon ones but still cowon plenue s is the best sounding to me

it sounds way better than my ak380 with amp

i decided to hold off buying any dap until a new flagship from cowon comes out that is worth the upgrade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back