New - Cowon Plenue S
Jan 21, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #78 of 1,158
  I do find it curious that Cowon now have experience with the Plenue series, and they know that there was a lot of criticism about the poor battery life of the P1 and the M.... but they still haven't rectified that, in the Plenue S.

Only real improvement I can see, over the P1, in the S, is the inclusion of optical D/O (which I am pleased to see, but the M already had it, so does the S offer so much more than the M, at nearly double the price..??).

That's only because they used up all the batteries they had making the D
rolleyes.gif

Jan 24, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #80 of 1,158
How much is this ? What is the general impressions ?
Two guys in Hong Kong has the S and both prefer the S over their 380 and Questyle. Seperation and detail are what makes the S.

Jan 24, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #82 of 1,158
Most importantly to me is tonal body, tonal body balances, and tonal body micro-dynamic energies. :D How much is the S ?
I bet it will be like two of your Sony dap. Here is a statement by a guy in Korea "Hi this is James from korea.

Sorry for late relpy, I just find your msg...

Well, for me S is like a ak240SS grade!

About S's SQ is more clear, musical sounding than M and the P1.

And D is just good price for entry model. :)".

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #83 of 1,158
I bet it will be like two of your Sony dap. Here is a statement by a guy in Korea "Hi this is James from korea.

Sorry for late relpy, I just find your msg...

Well, for me S is like a ak240SS grade!

About S's SQ is more clear, musical sounding than M and the P1.

And D is just good price for entry model. :)".

What is the pricing ? When will it be available :D

Jan 24, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #86 of 1,158
for the first time where i live a shop has on its website the cowon plenue s, this is so strange as usually where i live barely we have things that are newly released to be available, but the bad thing is i can not audition it

Jan 25, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #87 of 1,158
There are plenty of impression in Korean(some negative ones now too)... but Cowon and Plenue series is not as popular here on Head-Fi.

I think "S" might be the breakout product that will get people to know about Cowon.

I'm certainly interested... I'm gonna have to audition it against the AK320 and make a decision.

If the S sounds worse I'll get the AK320 and vice versa depending on what I hear with the Layla

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #90 of 1,158
I am not getting much help from Google but he said 14,888 but price will be slightly reduced
14,888 in what?  someone that knows do the math, at least we have a starting point on price. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back