New - Cowon Plenue S
Dec 20, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #856 of 1,158
  There is an interesting firmware for your Plenue S  on Cowon French site with a notificaction (google translate from french):

If you have recently completed the acquisition of a player audiophile Plenue S before November 2016 the brand COWON: This player is dangerous given the risks of irreversible hearing damage to the user, under the pressure of 1175 mV at 32 Ohms output from the headphone output. Indeed, in case of use with high power with a helmet of impedance 32 ohms, the sound pressure level can reach 118 dBA. To comply with the European standard EN 60065 / A12 on the output level of the players, we urge you to do the upgrade your player with firmware version 1.11. 
The update will consist of a limitation of the noise level to 150 mV at 32 ohms and the installation of a device to inform the user when exceeding the power of 27 mV, threshold where extended listening Can become dangerous.

In Europe, Japan, the United States and other world, different restrictions on the level of output power!
Dont Panic!

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #858 of 1,158
Very bad thing, if not screen activity - is not possible to connect the player to your computer and put the new firmware into it! When the player is connected to a computer on his screen will need to make a choice - DAC or the MTP - and you do not will be able to!

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #859 of 1,158
  Attention! Do not downgrade the firmware 1. 11! This will lead to failure of the device!

Mine damaged when i downgraded to 1.10 because 1.11 made a noise while i listened to dsd files
very disappointed with cowon web not contact abillity no answers
guys who know contact to cowon web give them know about that issue

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #860 of 1,158
I can still delete files after the upgrade.

I had no issues with installing the firmware. Went to Cowon website, download the file, unzipped, and transferred the files to the root directory to the Cowon. Disconnect from the computer, reboot, and profit.

Dec 21, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #861 of 1,158
I can still delete files after the upgrade.

I had no issues with installing the firmware. Went to Cowon website, download the file, unzipped, and transferred the files to the root directory to the Cowon. Disconnect from the computer, reboot, and profit.

Did you understand I wrote about downgrade from 1.11to 1.10 after it the touch screen freezed

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #863 of 1,158
Very bad thing, if not screen activity - is not possible to connect the player to your computer and put the new firmware into it! When the player is connected to a computer on his screen will need to make a choice - DAC or the MTP - and you do not will be able to!

Was replying to this post. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Boris, why did you downgrade the FW?

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #866 of 1,158
hi guys! have a question
my plenue s came back from repairing(touch screen freezed after downgrad to 1.10) but now i found a new problem the volume limited to 100
when i turn on player volume 60 i try to increase volume it's take me on 75 warn against hearing music on higth volume(that don't was before) now i can increase volume till 100 after it no effect in spite of that figure runs till 140
in system preferens only phone option on/off
any advice please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back